Where will Devin Singletary end up after this season?

Tipster19

After the Bucs game, Devin was finally used with regularity and his averages down the stretch and the playoffs would project to 1400+ yards and 17 TD's.  

He gets more grief here than he deserves, he is a pretty good RB.  I dont know if we will resign him, just from a cap perspective, but he is better than he gets credit for.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

After the Bucs game, Devin was finally used with regularity and his averages down the stretch and the playoffs would project to 1400+ yards and 17 TD's.  

He gets more grief here than he deserves, he is a pretty good RB.  I dont know if we will resign him, just from a cap perspective, but he is better than he gets credit for.  

He’s good, but let’s be honest here, he’s not a 1,400 yard + 17 TDS kind of back. He’s a very good back if he’s in a rotation. He didn’t post the numbers you wrote down because he’s not a bell cow RB. I do want him back though on a 2-3 year deal. Mainly because he still has some tread on his tires.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:51 PM, TBBills said:

No need to resign RBs for big money. Other than that he will end up on a bad team b.c those are who pay RBs.

Big money for a RB is about $14M-$16M AAV. Singletary is not in that echelon. Singletary is a “good” back, not a great one. He belongs in the $5M-$6.5M range which for a RB of his skill set is plausible. 2-3 year deal at the most though.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And there might be a possibility that the Bills may trade him in-season (before trade deadline) if Cook has a blazing start. 

I think he will be back he has had the most production of any back they have had since he got drafted here & he's always close to 1k yd season Moss on the other hand hasn't been nearly what they thought he would be when drafted .

I never liked the Moss pick i thought they needed a bigger back to do what they wanted him to do or be & his production has been lack luster . After last season when Motor came on at the end of the year he was running hard & not making many mistakes at all just gaining yards around 800+ if i remember .

McD & Beane like to keep their own & if Singletary continues the way he has i think he will be back but it will have to be at the Bills price if he thinks more highly of him self as we've seen in the past Beane will let him check out the market & if the money is there he may be gone but he will have a home in B/lo if not .

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think he is a good back but will never be elite but he could be more utilized by Buffalo for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:50 AM, 17islongenough said:

I highly doubt he signs with Buffalo. That's why Cook was drafted and why Moss makes the team

Agree about Cook. But Moss can easily be replaced by a 4th round draft pick next year if needed so he's not a safe bet to make the team IMO.

Definitely Singletary won't be here unless he wants to sign a deal that is far under market value. 

Pump the brakes everyone. We have a new OC this year. Let’s wait to see how Singletary is utilized in this offense. So much depends on how this team finishes. If they win it all (cannot believe I just typed that), Devin will almost certainly look to go get a big paycheck elsewhere, having accomplished the Team goal. 

16 hours ago, ganesh said:

And there might be a possibility that the Bills may trade him in-season (before trade deadline) if Cook has a blazing start. 

I don’t think they intend to use Cook as an every down back.  I don’t think that’s why they drafted him.  I think the intent is to pair him with someone like Devin or Moss.

So I think any trade potential would solely be tied to how well Moss plays personally.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t think they intend to use Cook as an every down back.  I don’t think that’s why they drafted him.  I think the intent is to pair him with someone like Devin or Moss.

So I think any trade potential would solely be tied to how well Moss plays personally.  

I really hope they trade Moss before the season starts because I could see us wasting a lot of carries on him again in hopes he finally shows something.

IMO Singletary needs to be the lead back this year with Cook being a true compliment and/or featured back in passing game. And the fact this team was so determined to address RB in terms of a pass catcher makes me think they have already made a predetermined decision on Moss future with team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really hope they trade Moss before the season starts because I could see us wasting a lot of carries on him again in hopes he finally shows something.

IMO Singletary needs to be the lead back this year with Cook being a true compliment and/or featured back in passing game. And the fact this team was so determined to address RB in terms of a pass catcher makes me think they have already made a predetermined decision on Moss future with team.

While I am not going to rule Moss out given he has shown flashes, wasn't fully healthy last year and has been said to look good this camp...I do still think Devin is the better RB personally, at least until Moss proves otherwise on the field.   

Personally I don't want to trade Moss or Devin, mainly because I would rather have the depth in a major super bowl run.

I hope they just commit to one guy though as the lead back, not evenly split time between Devin and Moss while they also split time with Cook.  RB's are best when they find a rhythm, and its best for the OL too to have consistency.  And you already have Cook rotating in, so to have a 3rd guy dividing carries is too much IMO.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.