Where will Devin Singletary end up after this season?

Tipster19

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unless he goes over 1000 rush yards and 400 receiving yards I just can't see them keeping him. Priorities are Knox and Oliver this offseason and Davis next offseason. Me personally I let Singletary walk. I would then tag Edmunds to get one more year of decent but not spectacular MLB play without a long term commitment.  

I think Milano will be the prime target for salary cap cut this next off-season, regardless of what they do with Edmunds contract.

I have to imagine Singletary having a big year makes it less likely he's back, not more.

3 years between $12-15 million total, $7-8 million guaranteed, with an out before year 3.

Singletary is a good player, good teammate.  Unless he has a significant spike in numbers he won’t be an exorbitant contract no matter where he would go.  No reason for the Bills not to keep him.  Even RB’s should be able to earn their 2nd contract from the team who drafted them.  Not all RB situations are the same.  The above type of numbers wouldn’t stop the Bills re-signing Oliver or Knox.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Imo he would have to have a monster season this year for the Bills to consider re-signing him to a new contract. I don’t see that happening due to the amount of weapons that the Bills have this year so if I were to venture a guess where he’d end up it wouldn’t surprise me if he were to become a Miami Dolphin. He’s a Florida boy and that state is very tax friendly for NFL players. 

I hope he has a good enough year that some team offers him some serious cash…. Good luck to him, I say!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

No need to resign RBs for big money. Other than that he will end up on a bad team b.c those are who pay RBs.

IDK? There’s all kinds of running backs worth all kinds of dough…. If Jonathan TAYLOR were to receive a big contract after his first it might be worth it…. There are a lot of ways to skin a cat….

38 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

IDK? There’s all kinds of running backs worth all kinds of dough…. If Jonathan TAYLOR were to receive a big contract after his first it might be worth it…. There are a lot of ways to skin a cat….

You can skin a cat and mess up by signing a RB. No matter how good Taylor was they still didn't make the playoffs.

I think if hes smart he will stay with a low end starting contract. 

The RB market is about as low as it can get right now. Probably a good idea to stick with a successful team for a couple of years and hope the market bounces back up to capitalize on his 3rd contract.

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Hopefully right here at RB1.  We haven't had an RB with this much heart and guts since they cut FredEx.

I like him too, but I think part of being a good negotiator is to have a set price where you just walk away. 

If Singletary were to take $6.5M AAV on a 3 year deal? I would welcome him back, but if he wants a penny more than that I would walk away.

7 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Imo he would have to have a monster season this year for the Bills to consider re-signing him to a new contract. I don’t see that happening due to the amount of weapons that the Bills have this year so if I were to venture a guess where he’d end up it wouldn’t surprise me if he were to become a Miami Dolphin. He’s a Florida boy and that state is very tax friendly for NFL players. 

I would agree.  I don’t get the impression that the Bills will re-sign him unless they can get a short term deal and if you are Singletary you are going to want as big of a 2nd deal as possible.

I believe Beane understands positional value of a RB and I can’t see him giving up significant money to re-sign 

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spotrac currently has Devin at a market value of $5.2M per year.

It's a shame he probably will fall into the RB has "overpriced himself" conundrum that is so prevalent lately.

Maybe Beane can work something out with him and his agent, but I won't get my hopes up.

If the Bills are planning to pay Edmunds, Knox and Oliver, then there will be no money left for Singletary.  The Bills will keep the RB as a non-premium position for salary cap and ride rookie deals.   They won't be able to pay everyone market value.

Even Poyer will most likely fall into that category as the Bills will not be able to commit to 20M to the Saftey position.  

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t care where Singletary ends up…his production is easily replaceable- and likely will be by our new RB…👍

If Singletary’s production is easily replaceable why hasn’t he been replaced?  No other RB has beaten him out and they’ve had opportunities.      

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I think it's probably a bit the opposite of this, if he's solid I can see him getting resigned, if he has a monster season we're not spending the kind of money he'll be getting on a RB.

Right on War.  He won’t have a monster year though.  We’re a passing team and Cook will take a percentage of the targets.  He may be back on a team friendly deal.  He’s not stupid and knows he’s on a SB caliber team, and that RB’s aren’t getting top dollar anymore.  Don’t you think Dallas is regretting paying Zeke all that $?

If I had to guess right now I'd go Denver as a replacement for Melvin Gordon as Javonte Williams's running mate. Williams is a pure 1 cut runner, Devin's wiggle might be a nice compliment, but I'm just throwing a place out there. I think his best fit is in those 2 headed monster teams where the other guy is on a rookie deal, because unless he crushes it this year I don't see a team signing Devin and then saying "he is the bell cow". 

8 hours ago, purple haze said:

If Singletary’s production is easily replaceable why hasn’t he been replaced?  No other RB has beaten him out and they’ve had opportunities.      

Bills have not been efficient at finding talent at that position- until now 👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.