Where will Devin Singletary end up after this season?

Tipster19

Imo he would have to have a monster season this year for the Bills to consider re-signing him to a new contract. I don’t see that happening due to the amount of weapons that the Bills have this year so if I were to venture a guess where he’d end up it wouldn’t surprise me if he were to become a Miami Dolphin. He’s a Florida boy and that state is very tax friendly for NFL players. 

RB is just not the premium position it was say 20-30 years ago. Outside of team chemistry you really don't lose much come time to replace one. Teams aren't breaking the bank for RBs. If a back isn't willing to stay on a deal that doesn't kill a teams payroll they just draft one .

I hope we can resign him to a team-friendly deal. He's an underrated runner and great in pass protection. Our offense improved when they started giving him a bigger percentage of snaps later in the season. He doesn't break a lot of big runs, but he got consistent yardage despite a constantly changing o-line.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Spotrac currently has Devin at a market value of $5.2M per year.

It's a shame he probably will fall into the RB has "overpriced himself" conundrum that is so prevalent lately.

Maybe Beane can work something out with him and his agent, but I won't get my hopes up.

58 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Imo he would have to have a monster season this year for the Bills to consider re-signing him to a new contract. I don’t see that happening due to the amount of weapons that the Bills have this year so if I were to venture a guess where he’d end up it wouldn’t surprise me if he were to become a Miami Dolphin. He’s a Florida boy and that state is very tax friendly for NFL players. 

I think it's probably a bit the opposite of this, if he's solid I can see him getting resigned, if he has a monster season we're not spending the kind of money he'll be getting on a RB.

• Agree 2

I can't imagine Devin pulling big money from anyone, so it is entirely possible that if he has an average Devin year, he could be back here for a pretty low contract. 

Or... The Bills can let him walk and draft another rookie next year. I am not familiar with the RB class but I am sure by time the draft comes around, there will be a back like Kenneth Walker this year who would fit perfectly splitting snaps with Cook. 

Unless he goes over 1000 rush yards and 400 receiving yards I just can't see them keeping him. Priorities are Knox and Oliver this offseason and Davis next offseason. Me personally I let Singletary walk. I would then tag Edmunds to get one more year of decent but not spectacular MLB play without a long term commitment.  

I think Milano will be the prime target for salary cap cut this next off-season, regardless of what they do with Edmunds contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unless he goes over 1000 rush yards and 400 receiving yards I just can't see them keeping him. Priorities are Knox and Oliver this offseason and Davis next offseason. Me personally I let Singletary walk. I would then tag Edmunds to get one more year of decent but not spectacular MLB play without a long term commitment.  

I think Milano will be the prime target for salary cap cut this next off-season, regardless of what they do with Edmunds contract.

Agreed with all this but I do think Edmunds might get extended soon (not my preference, just reading the tea leaves.)

I believe Singletary's future depends mostly on the overall cap situation for the team.  The Bills already know what to expect from him as a player and how much they will be willing to pay him.  With Edmunds, Knox, and Oliver needing deals; running back is a position where the Bills can save some money and there are always other RB options available.  I would like to see him back but I am skeptical.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.