Ed Kilgore was my Uber driver last night 😂

eball

On 7/31/2022 at 9:57 AM, eball said:

I’ve been in Buffalo this week for a golf tournament at Crag Burn…my buddy and I called an Uber to head back over to the club last night and our driver started talking about Jim Kelly and the Pegulas…after further discussion I asked him how he knew so much and he told us his name. Hilarious. Super nice guy. He’s now 74 and while retired has done some work for the Pegulas and drives for Uber on the side.  I should have taken a picture but I didn’t want him to think we were making fun. 

He’s probably reading your post right now.

On 7/31/2022 at 6:37 PM, JerseyBills said:

I do doordash 10-15 hes a week because I like driving and surprisingly pull in about 25/ hour profit . I can spend that $ and save $ from regular job. It has been a blessing

…and after gas, and wear and tear on your car, what is your hourly wage?

5 hours ago, BTB said:

…and after gas, and wear and tear on your car, what is your hourly wage?

Wear n tear is hard to add up. But after gas, like I said, usually around 25+ profit per hour. 

I'm also in one of the most densely populated areas in the U S in North NJ

Edited by JerseyBills

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wear n tear is hard to add up. But after gas, like I said, usually around 25+ profit per hour. 

I'm also in one of the most densely populated areas in the U S in North NJ

Serious question: which rides do you like the best? Short rides and stay in a busy area? Long rides? Area to area? 

I have a buddy who would take a guy from Cincinnati to Dayton before sunrise, and sometimes bring him back.  The guy was a pilot of some sort and he didn’t know if he was needed until he arrived. It’s nice to be paid for 50 minutes of driving up the road listening to music….while being paid. It isn’t as great when he drives home alone. And unpaid. But he enjoyed it.  🤷‍♂️

Whatever makes you happy. 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Serious question: which rides do you like the best? Short rides and stay in a busy area? Long rides? Area to area? 

I have a buddy who would take a guy from Cincinnati to Dayton before sunrise, and sometimes bring him back.  The guy was a pilot of some sort and he didn’t know if he was needed until he arrived. It’s nice to be paid for 50 minutes of driving up the road listening to music….while being paid. It isn’t as great when he drives home alone. And unpaid. But he enjoyed it.  🤷‍♂️

Whatever makes you happy. 

I guess the shorter rides , you get an offer from the app for X amountof dollars for X amount of miles, and havethe option to accept or decline. I been sticking to just deliveries because I only do it for 2-3 hours at a time and only 3 -4 days a week 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.