Ed Kilgore was my Uber driver last night πŸ˜‚

eball

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Uber is a great side job and even full time job for many folks. My elderly neighbor can barely walk but he can still drive his ass off and does Uber just to get out the house. Not saying you’re mocking him, but for you to be worried about taking a picture being perceived as β€œmaking fun” Β (combined with your crying laughing emoji in the title) tells me exactly where you’re mind was at on it. If he openly admitted who he was…clearly he isn’t ashamed. He probably would have loved to take a fan pic and still feel appreciated.

Β 

Uber, Lyft, Door Dash etc is all services I use multiple times a week and a respect and salute those who work the services. As an entrepreneur, I actually respect that type of job over one where you complete schedule is controlled by another human being…and usually one you barely like.Β 

Thank you.

Β 

As someone who works in the gig industry it never ceases to amaze me how many people look down on people like us.Β  Β I make a damn good living and I enjoy working whenever I want and for as long as I want.Β  Β I typically work 65-80 hours a week.Β  Β I live in OP, own two homes, married, and drive pretty nice vehicles ( 2021 Dodge Charger RT is one of ours ).Β  Β I make decent money doing what I enjoy ( driving ) and I have no boss other than the wifie :)Β  Β So in other words I do just fine.

Β 

Oh and no one was making fun of working gig jobs during the worst of the pandemic.Β  Β I was one of the few people on the road delivering groceries for Whole Foods during the entire pandemic, even when we were unsure how contagious or deadly covid was.Β  Β 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I just looked back at my post and don’t think I’m disparaging or β€œlooking down” upon Ed. Β It’s just funny that a guy we all watched for years on WGRZ is now retired and doing some Uber driving on the side to keep himself busy. Β He seemed very happy.

Β 

It wasn't. It just sounds a bit comical. People get their panties knotted up too easy these days. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ed Kilgore being an Uber driver and there is absolutely nothing wrong with laughing about the thought of Ed Kilgore being an Uber driver.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Β 

It wasn't. It just sounds a bit comical. People get their panties knotted up too easy these days. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ed Kilgore being an Uber driver and yhere is absolutely nothing wrong with laughing about the thought of Ed Kilgore being an Uber driver.

So glad you think it's okay if he drives for Uber.Β  Β Thank you.

Β 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Are you sure ? I'm surprised a VP would be driving uber.

Β 

"Kilgore is currently the Vice President of Public Relations for East Management Services LP an independent oil and gas exploration and development company. He and his wife Debbie live in Orchard Park and have a daughter Shannon who currently lives in Geneva Switzerland and is engaged to be married."

Β 

https://www.buffalosportshallfame.com/member/ed-kilgore/

Β 

Not according to the East Resources website and they list other officers.Β Β 

https://eastresources.com/team/default.aspx

Β 

It is likely Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame website have not updated information.

52 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

How do you know this?

Β 

I would assume he was digging stuff out of his garbage can at Kilgore's hour rather than his ass but your opinion may differ.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Beast said:

I remember a time when Van Miller was my taxi cab driver.Β 

None of this holds a candle to the time Jerry Sullivan popped out from under a bridge I was crossing and threatened to eat me if I didn’t pay the toll.Β 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is funny. OP wasn't making fun of the guy. It was more of "you wouldn't believe"Β  as in, great story. If some recognizable face picked me up, I would think it's hilarious as well. Probably want a photo. Not because I'm making fun of the guy, because it's a hell of a fun story. That is how I think the OP meant it. No disrespect to the guy. Then other people took it sideways and even more chimed in. Calm down people. If anybody is literally making fun of the guy for what he does as if he's less or basking in his misfortune, you probably live with your mom in the basement and are arguing with your brother about who gets her 25k inheritance.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 6

50 minutes ago, Talonz said:

Thank you.

Β 

As someone who works in the gig industry it never ceases to amaze me how many people look down on people like us.Β  Β I make a damn good living and I enjoy working whenever I want and for as long as I want.Β  Β I typically work 65-80 hours a week.Β  Β I live in OP, own two homes, married, and drive pretty nice vehicles ( 2021 Dodge Charger RT is one of ours ).Β  Β I make decent money doing what I enjoy ( driving ) and I have no boss other than the wifie :)Β  Β So in other words I do just fine.

Β 

Oh and no one was making fun of working gig jobs during the worst of the pandemic.Β  Β I was one of the few people on the road delivering groceries for Whole Foods during the entire pandemic, even when we were unsure how contagious or deadly covid was.Β  Β 

Β 

What about the wear and tear on your car, and high gas prices (still over $5 a gallon where I live)? You work a lot of hours driving. Do you make enough to replace the car as it ages? And what about the increased risk of an accident? When I considered doing it, I was also told if after driving for a while, your car is going to permanently smell like a taxi.

58 minutes ago, Talonz said:

Thank you.

Β 

Β 

But do you have high level business meetings?

2 hours ago, Rico said:

That's awesome, he always seemed like a great guy to me. Tough for him going up against Rick Azar on ch. 7 and Van Miller on ch.4, I know him more from Bowling For Dollars than the Bills.

Β 

My only memories of him was when I was younger in the 80's and lived in the Buffalo area. Saw him on the newscast each night on channel 2 (NBC, WGRZ). My family liked NBC for local news better than CBS or ABC (Fox didn't exist back then), the weaker broadcast signal notwithstanding. Plus, that was the network that covered the AFC back then.

Β 

[BTW, hope that newbie poster from a week back or so doesn't object to my using "notwithstanding" above, and relegating this to a dress stitching forum, lol.]

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by chongli

5 hours ago, Talonz said:

Why is driving for Uber only for the peasants?

Β 

Β 

I known a couple guys who drive for Uber/Lyft just for something to do. It’s a chance to get out and talk with people while seeing new places. It’s almost like being a mobile bartender chatting with people who have often had a few pops. A little extra money isn’t a bad thing, either. I actually think I might enjoy it, as I think it’s great on the user end.

Β 

When I get back to Cincinnati (my college town) an old buddy who drives for Lyft can’t wait to pick me up and take me to cool new places where his riders have been. It’s educational!Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

When I get back to Cincinnati (my college town) an old buddy who drives for Lyft can’t wait to pick me up and take me to cool new places where his riders have been. It’s educational!Β 

Β 

whenever i'm back in wny, i have ed kilgore take me to all the new cool places his riders have been. last time, we went straight from the airport to the hooters on maple only to discover it closed!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.