Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

23 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Crowder has been hurt for most of training camp. If we lose one more receiver, we will likely need to add a free agent. The only way that guy is OBJ is if we restructure Tre or sign Edmunds long term to lower his cap hit.

There's still the possibility that Tre is not ready for the start of the season and we need to add a veteran cb, so we may need to save money for that possibility.

Considering he may not be available until November it will not cost as much as you think.

If Buffalo is doing well he will hop on bandwagon to demonstrate next year he is worthy of a big contract.

I'd only be down for it if Diggs were down for it.

I know most people really only factor in the coaching staff & possibly QB's input (if they're a star player), but if this could disrupt the chemistry & confidence of Diggs with Allen & the team, I'd stay far away from it.

But if Diggs has a good relationship with OBJ already, then go for it.

9 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Even if OBJ was signed tomorrow, Davis will have half a season to show himself.   If he is the great player everybody wants to think he is, he will have no problem showing it.  

The only reason Davis had the game he did against KC was the choice of the D to take away Diggs and Knox and make somebody else beat them.  Davis had a great game, but it was because KC bet he couldn’t do it and he did.  End of the day, KC still won, so they were right(ish).   McKenzie had a 200 yard game against the Fins and he’s never come close again, one game, especially one that’s an obvious outlier is not something I consider anything to put much stock in.

I know people want to claim sanders took away Davis’ opportunities, but that’s just not true.  Sanders was a non factor most of the year, especially the second half of the year.  He had a whole 42 catches for the year, Davis had more opportunities than Sanders did and if Davis wasn’t doing enough to over take a gimpy Sanders, it says something.   Davis didn’t have a game over 5 catches and broke 100 yards one time (on 3 catches), just once the whole year.  He has been a complimentary player at best thus far.  OBJ is a bonafide #1 and a super star, if you can add him and he takes away snaps from Davis, oh well.  Davis has not shown he is a difference maker.  I like him, I hope he steps up big, but there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest he deserves to be handed the top spot behind Diggs. 

Except on the current roster, none have stepped up to prove Davis is the wrong choice.🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe OBJ, don’t regain form or takes longer to recover fully and his being on the field is just that…on the field. What’s gained on that front. 
I’d like him if he can help, I don’t care if it’s OBJ or Ray Rice a Super Bowl win would be amazing and make people forget a lot of bad things. 

Absent someone else not being available for a playoff run, not sure how he would be able to contribute much this year and he would surely only be a Nov-forward player for a 1 year deal. Wouldn't have timing down or know the playbook. Seems like a waste of cash. Rams are for sure his best bet at playing this year. 

18 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The only reason Davis had the game he did against KC was the choice of the D to take away Diggs and Knox and make somebody else beat them.  Davis had a great game, but it was because KC bet he couldn’t do it and he did.  End of the day, KC still won, so they were right(ish).

Davis had 201 yards receiving, 4 TDs. If the Chiefs had flipped the strategy, do you expect Diggs to have more yards ??

The offense left the field with the lead and 13 seconds on the clock. KC didnt win because of their D plan against the Bills WRs. Period. "ish" or not

9 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Except on the current roster, none have stepped up to prove Davis is the wrong choice.🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe OBJ, don’t regain form or takes longer to recover fully and his being on the field is just that…on the field. What’s gained on that front. 
I’d like him if he can help, I don’t care if it’s OBJ or Ray Rice a Super Bowl win would be amazing and make people forget a lot of bad things. 

And Davis has shown he’s the right choice? EJ Manuel was a hard worker.. just sayin.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Davis had 201 yards receiving, 4 TDs. If the Chiefs had flipped the strategy, do you expect Diggs to have more yards ??

The offense left the field with the lead and 13 seconds on the clock. KC didnt win because of their D plan against the Bills WRs. Period. "ish" or not

I would absolutely expect Diggs to have his numbers, Diggs put up 2x what Davis did all year, would you expect Diggs to not get it done?

8 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I would absolutely expect Diggs to have his numbers, Diggs put up 2x what Davis did all year, would you expect Diggs to not get it done?

You said that KC's strategy was to take Diggs and Knox out and hence Davis got his numbers. You also claimed KC's strategy worked. Dont punt this back to me, I was challenging that contention. 

I can't say that given the right circumstances that OBJ would or wouldn't be a good addition but if he was brought in now someone would suffer a loss of touches & looking at who we have i'm not sure that would be a good thing ?? Maybe ??

Then there is the money side of things not sure how much more magic Beane has left in his bag . They say OBJ is a good team mate but his antics while with the Giants really soured me toward him i would rather run with what we have because i think it is a very talented bunch & Davis can & will do very well this year .

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

And Davis has shown he’s the right choice? EJ Manuel was a hard worker.. just sayin.

He’s shown he can perform certainly. Is there another solution on the roster? EJ, not sure the relevance, compared apples and oranges in jobs🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Buffalosouth said:

According to Beane from the other day there's no cap space....

You can make some though - matakevich, haack, Ford - that makes about 5.  

I'm not sure what this guy wants contract wise though.  To me I'd look at it like Diggs insurance for the playoffs first, and an extra weapon 2nd.  

Stats wise he hasn't been good since he left NY.  Sub 60% catch rate, diminishing yards per reception, diminishing YAC.  Not to mention his left leg is a major concern - broken ankle and now 2 ACL injuries.  

Based on all that - if you sign him, it better be for very little money.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

You can make some though - matakevich, haack, Ford - that makes about 5.  

I'm not sure what this guy wants contract wise though.  To me I'd look at it like Diggs insurance for the playoffs first, and an extra weapon 2nd.  

Stats wise he hasn't been good since he left NY.  Sub 60% catch rate, diminishing yards per reception, diminishing YAC.  Not to mention his left leg is a major concern - broken ankle and now 2 ACL injuries.  

Based on all that - if you sign him, it better be for very little money.  

Judge him off his play with the Rams. It’s pretty much a proven fact Mayfield held his stats back by rarely hitting him when he was open.

Also he will miss over half the regular season so he already knows a 1 year deal would have to be at a discount. If he goes to it’s the Bills, we won’t be able to resign him but other teams will be in line to offer him huge contracts. Being with a team almost certain to play into February is a huge selling point for a player in his shoes.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Judge him off his play with the Rams. It’s pretty much a proven fact Mayfield held his stats back by rarely hitting him when he was open.

Also he will miss over half the regular season so he already knows a 1 year deal would have to be at a discount. If he goes to it’s the Bills, we won’t be able to resign him but other teams will be in line to offer him huge contracts. Being with a team almost certain to play into February is a huge selling point for a player in his shoes.

Still only caught 56% of targets, with a shorter average depth of target.  Having said that, he was VERY good in the playoffs up until the injury.  

You could do a lot worse for a half season of someone.  He was originally brought in by LA to replace Woods - if we brought him in mid-season it would likely be a longer term injury to diggs or davis or something.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.