Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Davis wasn't simply relegated to WR3..........he was injured and it limited him for most of the first 3/4 of the regular season.     

Sanders was added to the team to be WR2 prior to any Davis injury.

• Agree 2

On 8/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, StHustle said:

Judge him off his play with the Rams. It’s pretty much a proven fact Mayfield held his stats back by rarely hitting him when he was open.

Also he will miss over half the regular season so he already knows a 1 year deal would have to be at a discount. If he goes to it’s the Bills, we won’t be able to resign him but other teams will be in line to offer him huge contracts. Being with a team almost certain to play into February is a huge selling point for a player in his shoes.

You can't count on him to be available let alone look at that sample size.  He was excellent in the playoffs until the injury, but he had an 80% catch rate in the playoffs when his career is basically 60.  

It's also a proven fact that he tore his ACL in February... and its the 2nd time he's torn it since 2020.  Combine that with a high ankle sprain, broken ankle, toe sprain on that foot.  He's also got a history of soft tissue injuries in hamstrings, quad, groin etc.  The fact that you don't know when you can project his availability is a concern as well.  

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Jefferson got most of those numbers playing when Odell wasn't in LA. Odell only played 8 games for LA last season. When Odell arrived, Jefferson was pushed down the depth chart. I'd imagine it would be the same if he returned there. Wherein here, I don't see them reverting Davis back to the role he had before for Odell.

Kupp and McKenzie work out of the Slot. Odell is an outside guy. So he's either taking a starting role or rotating with Diggs and Davis or Robinson and Jefferson. He'd get more playing time on the boundary in LA.

He tore his ACL in February - even a 9 month timetable to practicing is what, november/december?  He'd start season on any teams PUP, the only advantage is you get his medicals.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We might as well start preordering our OBJ #3 jerseys.  The current #3 for the Bills is Haack.  I wonder what the fans will do who own Haack jerseys?

With the exception of his family I think the amount of fans who have this jersey are.....0

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We might as well start preordering our OBJ #3 jerseys.  The current #3 for the Bills is Haack.  I wonder what the fans will do who own Haack jerseys?

I turned my autographed EJ Manuel jersey I won at a charity auction into a Matt Haack jersey and wore to the game week 17. He sucked. 

But I wore it proudly to the playoff game the next week to show I still support him… and he was great!!! 

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

With the exception of his family I think the amount of fans who have this jersey are.....0

False! But people did ask if we were related haha

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He's supposedly on track to play in early November

Ya so idk why everyone is talking about it - he likely stays unsigned until mid season 

I’m down either way he was playing solid last year and it never hurts having weapons and he is solid in red zone 

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

Ya so idk why everyone is talking about it - he likely stays unsigned until mid season 

I’m down either way he was playing solid last year and it never hurts having weapons and he is solid in red zone 

you sign him now so he can bond with the team and learn the playbook 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.