Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Well this story definitely has some legs now, I'm just not sure if we have the cap space to actually make it happen. My guess is McDermott and Beane will want to see if Davis takes a firm grip on the #2 role before doing anything else. If he doesn't meet expectations they can bring in OBJ in October or November.

Doesn't have anything to do with Davis.

When you have a player like Diggs or Cooper Kupp who can excel anywhere..........you can have a 3 high end boundary options..........because you know one of them is going to be FAR better than the guy you have in the slot.

But I am sure there is someone on here who will argue that somehow Isaiah McKenzie in the slot would be better than Diggs.............because it is TSW.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

The nice thing is, if this were to happen, it wouldn't be like a Sanders situation where Gabe is relegated to WR3.  OBJ wouldn't be ready for quite a while so we would still get to see what Gabe looks like as WR2, and then- possibly- add on another weapon.

Davis wasn't simply relegated to WR3..........he was injured and it limited him for most of the first 3/4 of the regular season.     

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Doesn't have anything to do with Davis.

When you have a player like Diggs or Cooper Kupp who can excel anywhere..........you can have a 3 high end boundary options..........because you know one of them is going to be FAR better than the guy you have in the slot.

But I am sure there is someone one there who will argue that somehow Isaiah McKenzie in the slot would be better than Diggs.............because it is TSW.

Diggs, Davis, and a healthy OBJ in 3 WR sets? Then throw in Knox at TE? Pssshhhh. What team in the NFL is going to be able to cover them? We'd score 40 a game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

Diggs, Davis, and a healthy OBJ in 3 WR sets? Then throw in Knox at TE? Pssshhhh. What team in the NFL is going to be able to cover them? We'd score 40 a game. 

I don't know about 40....

If we average 8 possessions per game, 8x7= 56.  

So 56.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

The nice thing is, if this were to happen, it wouldn't be like a Sanders situation where Gabe is relegated to WR3.  OBJ wouldn't be ready for quite a while so we would still get to see what Gabe looks like as WR2, and then- possibly- add on another weapon.

There is also the reality that we are unlikely to see diggs/Davis/McKenzie play 17 regular season plus multiple post season games all 100% healthy. 

im not dying for OBJ but I think there’s something to be said for extra depth at receiver and some extra attitude that this team should walk away with rings if they show up. 

Diggs, Davis, and Beckham can all play outside and in the slot.

We know that all three of them are high quality outside receivers, but all three of them also can play -- and have played -- very well from the slot.

11 Personnel featuring Diggs, Davis, Beckham, Knox, and Cook ? Yeah, sign me up for that.

If Beckham is healthy and ready to contribute come December and the Bills feel they can afford him, sign me up.

Having "too many" weapons is a wonderful problem to have.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Diggs, Davis, and Beckham can all play outside and in the slot.

We know that all three of them are high quality outside receivers, but all three of them also can play -- and have played -- very well from the slot.

11 Personnel featuring Diggs, Davis, Beckham, Knox, and Cook ? Yeah, sign me up for that.

If Beckham is healthy and ready to contribute come December and the Bills feel they can afford him, sign me up.

Having "too many" weapons is a wonderful problem to have.

Not specifically you but I keep reading everyone hype Cook.

While I hope he comes out as NFL MVP, 2000 yards and all... I am more tempered and optimistic with the late season push and upswing by Singleterry. Dude doesn't quit, has been working his ass off, and in a contract year. 

He does well on wheel routes and various passing. We can't sleep on him. 

He is going to be hungry. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I feel like this is just Von and He trying to get LA to come strong with an offer now. If you're OBJ, you'd get more opportunities on a team that has Allen Robinson and Van Jefferson on the outside than you will Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis. In Buffalo, we'll want him to rotate. In LA, Jefferson takes a seat.

Van Jefferson had 800 yards and 6 TD last year..............he's the Rams third option behind record setting Cooper Kupp and 3x 1000 yard receiver Allen Robinson.

How is a young 800 yard, high pedigree, versatile talent like Jefferson not a better player than Isaiah McKenzie?   

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Van Jefferson had 800 yards and 6 TD last year..............he's the Rams third option behind record setting Cooper Kupp and 3x 1000 yard receiver Allen Robinson.

How is a young 800 yard, high pedigree, versatile talent like Jefferson not a better player than Isaiah McKenzie?   

I mean maybe you can say our TE will eat up more of those than the Rams TE. So still better option b.c he would be 4th pass catcher not just 3rd WR.

55 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Not specifically you but I keep reading everyone hype Cook.

While I hope he comes out as NFL MVP, 2000 yards and all... I am more tempered and optimistic with the late season push and upswing by Singleterry. Dude doesn't quit, has been working his ass off, and in a contract year. 

He does well on wheel routes and various passing. We can't sleep on him. 

He is going to be hungry. 

I like Singletary, and Moss for that matter.

When I was speaking of that personnel set above, I was envisioning it for passing downs. I DO think Cook will be the primary receiving back. If the Bills are sending a running back out into a pattern instead of keeping him into block, it’s likely going to be Cook more often than not. That’s what he was brought in for.

Cook, based on his physical skill set, is going to stress a linebacker in coverage more than Singletary or Moss. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jefferson got most of those numbers playing when Odell wasn't in LA. Odell only played 8 games for LA last season. When Odell arrived, Jefferson was pushed down the depth chart. I'd imagine it would be the same if he returned there. Wherein here, I don't see them reverting Davis back to the role he had before for Odell.

Kupp and McKenzie work out of the Slot. Odell is an outside guy. So he's either taking a starting role or rotating with Diggs and Davis or Robinson and Jefferson. He'd get more playing time on the boundary in LA.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Sign him, stash him on IR and activate him when he’s healthy and needed. It’ll cost us what? 4 game checks against the cap?

He's a vet and whatever he signs for is guaranteed. 

My note:  No team is going to sign him until he can pass a physical.  If at that time the Bills need a WR they should look at him.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.