Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

I wouldn't mind if he signs for this year. Helps the Bills win a Super Bowl and then can cash in on big contract with another team. Given his history with injuries and being a diva I wouldn't want the Bills to sign him to a long term contract.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, StHustle said:

Judge him off his play with the Rams. It’s pretty much a proven fact Mayfield held his stats back by rarely hitting him when he was open.

Also he will miss over half the regular season so he already knows a 1 year deal would have to be at a discount. If he goes to it’s the Bills, we won’t be able to resign him but other teams will be in line to offer him huge contracts. Being with a team almost certain to play into February is a huge selling point for a player in his shoes.

Pass on him.  He is a headcase. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 year contract is all he should get. OBJ isn't as crazy as a lot of people are making him out to be. He is well respected by his teammates and wants to win and gets moody when his team doesn't win. He'd be the perfect #3 WR in the last month/playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

1 year contract is all he should get. OBJ isn't as crazy as a lot of people are making him out to be. He is well respected by his teammates and wants to win and gets moody when his team doesn't win. He'd be the perfect #3 WR in the last month/playoffs. 

I agree. Plus, Allen will only make him that much better. 

If you’re confident in McKenzie and Shakir, just cut Crowder and sign OBJ as the 1 year WR rental. 

You have your Core 4.. Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Shakir.  OBJ becomes the 1 year rental and then we have Hodgins vs Kumerow vs Austin for WR6.  

Well this story definitely has some legs now, I'm just not sure if we have the cap space to actually make it happen. My guess is McDermott and Beane will want to see if Davis takes a firm grip on the #2 role before doing anything else. If he doesn't meet expectations they can bring in OBJ in October or November.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well this story definitely has some legs now, I'm just not sure if we have the cap space to actually make it happen. My guess is McDermott and Beane will want to see if Davis takes a firm grip on the #2 role before doing anything else. If he doesn't meet expectations they can bring in OBJ in October or November.

Beane is a wizard.  If he wants it, it will happen 😎

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Up until today .. and even with OBJ tweeting, I thought this was all smoke with a small chance of happening. 

Im now thinking we’re going to sign him. 

Adding a healthy OBJ to this receiving corps along with Allen as the QB would have opposing DC's crying like a baby. Who would they double cover? Pick your poison because someone is getting covered one on one. 

• Like (+1) 1

We tried this last year with Sanders and Davis outplayed him. What's bringing OBJ going to do for us other than make a crowded WR room messier and stuff Davis deeper down the depth chart when he really shouldn't be?

Most years I would be all about bringing in OBJ but this team is loaded and I just don't know what he adds at this point other than make WR situation more difficult than it already is.

• Eyeroll 1

I have very mixed feelings on this and I'm just going to go through them and just maybe, someone can help me sort them out

1. I do not want drama on this season... Josh Allen is STILL growing... Will OBJ's drama screw with that?

2. I really love McKenzie's growth... At 27 years old IF he has taken the next step, we can get 4 great years out of him but this will take lots of live game day reps to confirm.

3. This is Davis's time to shine! I don't want to pull from that.

4. Is there more to Crowders injury that we don't know?

While OBJ does bring something to the table, I feel my thoughts bring to much concern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, uninja said:

We tried this last year with Sanders and Davis outplayed him. What's bringing OBJ going to do for us other than make a crowded WR room messier and stuff Davis deeper down the depth chart when he really shouldn't be?

Most years I would be all about bringing in OBJ but this team is loaded and I just don't know what he adds at this point other than make WR situation more difficult than it already is.

Even if they brought him in he's not going to be able to play right away, Tre is still trying to get back for game 1 and he had his injury at least 10 games/weeks earlier than OBJ.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He’s going to miss 90% of the season.  The cap space isn’t a problem imo.  His salary won’t be much.  

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Maybe OBJ has interest, but that doesn't mean the Bills do. Guess we'll see.

This is where I'm at. I don't doubt OBJ has interest. I don't doubt Von wants him here. I don't doubt Andre Reed wants him here.... but none of that matters if Beane feels happy with his WR room as it is. And looking at the depth chart and the cap situation, I feel like he's happy with his WR room.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.