Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i think gabe gets traded for a first and we draft the replacement. Can’t pay everyone 

Need another WR before that happens.  I love McKenzie, but he’s not a #2.  Shakir most likely tops out as WR 3 in the slot, need to see him play to see where he fits. 

Can’t pay everyone, that is true.  I can’t see Davis not being signed.  Knox? Dude makes insane catches, and drops the incredibly easy ones.  Came on last year, will see if he continues or falls back.  He may be the one that is gone.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not one of my favorite players, but maybe he's a bit more "matured" than he was few years ago with Giants....

I don't know, but if this does get done and the WR's remain healthy for the most part til last stretch of games going into playoffs it would be turning an already scary Bills offense to defend into down right terrifying.

I don’t think so.  One of the reasons Cleveland got rid of him was because he’s high maintenance.  

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm not really against it, but I think if he goes anywhere it's midseason and a lot can happen between now and then.

Completely agree. He's a free agent and most teams expect he won't be healthy until some time in October. It works to his benefit to wait and see who is a contender and pretender. That way, a quiet productive season puts him in line for a payday. 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Seemed to fit in fine with the Rams.

I mean, AB was fine with the Steelers and also fine for a while with the Bucs. 

my buddy who is a Steelers fan always has warned me that with these number 1 receivers, there is always a risk that it can go off the rails, especially if things aren’t going their way. I think that is a good point. 

would that happen to OBJ here? I don’t know. But with the talent we have and OBJ coming off another ACL, I am not a fan of rolling the dice. 

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm not sure how much private exposure fans have had to Andre Reed, but from my limited but intimate access, I'm not ready to take his word as anything more than hype / bluster. Not saying he's wrong about OBJ's potential interest in the Bills (Buffalo is a SEXY destination for WRs), but whatever conversation they had was akin to late-night bro-hype over nose beers. 

You’re on point…I wouldn’t take OBJs word for it either. He was probably saying whatever the HOF receiver wanted to hear. And if you read the comments you can tell Andre was getting a kick out of it all. But hey, preseason hasn’t even started yet and sometimes speculation and what ifs can be fun 🤩 

59 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I don’t think so.  One of the reasons Cleveland got rid of him was because he’s high maintenance.  

Lol ummm…no they got rid of him cause HE wanted out. He was no more high maintenance than Diggs was in Minnesota. And what he was saying was proven to have merit. How can he go to the next team mid season and turn back into a top 10 wide receiver all of a sudden? This game and a player’s individual success within it is a direct correlation to how much money they can make (in team contract AND endorsements) in this Not For Long league. Some fans get on my nerves forgetting this is a business on both sides. They only seem to understand when a team makes “business decisions” and want players to shut up and dribble. All the hard work OBJ puts into his craft and he’s supposed to sit back and continually allow it to be wasted and lose MILLIONS in potential payouts all so he can please fans who hate when players speak out about being misused or kept from reaching their potential?

It's pretty obvious OBJ wants to play for Buffalo. I wonder what other teams are now thinking, seeing how he has a destination on his mind. The dream about signing with Buffalo, Von recruiting him, and apparently Andre Reed is recruiting him as well. He could be very valuable down the stretch run. I'm all for it. I think he has straightened his ass out, like Owens did. Maturity sometimes takes longer with some peeps.

It’s an interesting opportunity.  If we only pick him up in November or December, he could help us like the Rams.  When he went out in the SB, the Rams offense sputtered into winning the game.

I doubt we’d extend him beyond this year though.  This team is so tight and has gelled together, there really is little concern he could be a locker room problem.  McD and Allen wouldn’t allow it.  He can look like he helped us win the big one and then cash in Somewhere else.

It would be an embarrassment of riches with Diggs, Davis, OBJ (if at 100%), and the rest of the guys.

Good luck Rodgers, but I hope Brady beating us.  It would be so sweet beating Brady in the SB with 3 Von Miller sacks.  I know you guys know the Bucs are my other team after my Bills, but it’s not even close who im rooting for and against in that game.  I’ll send off my Bucs gear to my sons house to not jinx it.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Gotta be careful with diva receivers. Way too much risk with upsetting the team dynamic. 

Yeah, he really hurt the Rams

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i think gabe gets traded for a first and we draft the replacement. Can’t pay everyone 

Not happening. You can pay who you want to pay. Has no one learned this yet with Beane? People were saying that about Diggs, that we couldn't pay him and extend his deal

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills should regularly be in 3 and 4 WR sets.  You can never have too much talent. 

Imagine the Bills lining up Cook, Knox, and 3 WR (Diggs, Gabe, Isiah or _____!

mismatches galore!

12 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Oh FCOL, you don’t want to take snaps away from a guy who’s done absolutely nothing in his career vs an All Pro? C’mon.  I like Davis, the guy has had 2 seasons of 600 yards. If he’s as good as you want him to be, there’s nothing to worry about, he won’t be held off the field.   OBJ has been great since the day he stepped on the field in the NFL, he’s a great talent.   What’s the worst that happens, Diggs runs more in routes (where he already eats) and you have two big time guys going to the boundaries? 

Yeah, check out that Diggs guy the Bills tries to make work, that was a bust.

Look what happened when Davis got the snaps in the playoffs that he should’ve been getting all season. He had one of the best playoff performances we’ve seen in years.

You can say it won’t take snaps away from him but it absolutely will. There is no way Sanders should’ve been taking snaps away from Davis last season but he did…

Plus we have a pretty deep collection of pass catchers already. There’s only so many passes to go around.

Who’s snaps would you give to OBJ if not Davis? Diggs? They gotta come from somewhere.

I also feel like if we put another veteran WR in front of Davis this season, he’s as good as gone in free agency. And who would blame him?

He put in possibly more work this offseason than any other bills player. He’s earned the right to get first crack at the #2 role. OBJ is hurt. He won’t be back till after the regular season starts anyway. I’d rather give davis the chance at that #2 role first and sign OBJ if davis struggles.

I just think we have other more pressing needs to use our very limited cap space for. But again, if we sign OBJ I won’t complain. I don’t think he’s a diva or anything like that. He’s supposed to be an excellent teammate. I do think he’d fit the culture here. I’d just rather give Davis the #2 role is all. I honestly think he has the potential to be a #1 caliber WR. I’m very high on Davis.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

OBJ is a perfect fit on this team. 

Only way I say no is if Shakir shows he can win outside and forces the coaches hands to play him as a rookie. 

Diggs & Davis outside.  McKenzie in the slot. 

Those guys can’t/won’t/shouldn’t play every snap. 

OBJ rotates in as WR3 outside and another slot option with McKenzie. 

Some teams, the role OBJ would take here isn’t a big one.  In Buffalo, it is.  He’d get his targets, and it wouldn’t eat into Diggs/Davis like some people are suggesting. 

Right now, the player we’d be signing OBJ to be here, is one that none of us know who will occupy it.  Seems many of us are relying on a rookie in Shakir and/or a mix of TE’s and Slot WR’s to take that role. 

45 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Look what happened when Davis got the snaps in the playoffs that he should’ve been getting all season. He had one of the best playoff performances we’ve seen in years.

You can say it won’t take snaps away from him but it absolutely will. There is no way Sanders should’ve been taking snaps away from Davis last season but he did…

Plus we have a pretty deep collection of pass catchers already. There’s only so many passes to go around.

Who’s snaps would you give to OBJ if not Davis? Diggs? They gotta come from somewhere.

I also feel like if we put another veteran WR in front of Davis this season, he’s as good as gone in free agency. And who would blame him?

He put in possibly more work this offseason than any other bills player. He’s earned the right to get first crack at the #2 role. OBJ is hurt. He won’t be back till after the regular season starts anyway. I’d rather give davis the chance at that #2 role first and sign OBJ if davis struggles.

I just think we have other more pressing needs to use our very limited cap space for. But again, if we sign OBJ I won’t complain. I don’t think he’s a diva or anything like that. He’s supposed to be an excellent teammate. I do think he’d fit the culture here. I’d just rather give Davis the #2 role is all. I honestly think he has the potential to be a #1 caliber WR. I’m very high on Davis.

The "Sanders took snaps away from Davis" talk is misguided.........Davis played a lot more snaps in 2020 than 2021 because he was healthy..........in fact as a rookie he played 119 more snaps than Cole Beasley did in 2020.

Davis was limited by a foot injury for the first 10-11 games of the season in 2021 and then he missed the NE game entirely because he wasn't vaccinated..........that's why he wasn't getting snaps.   Had he been healthy he would have gotten his 800 snaps again.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm not sure how much private exposure fans have had to Andre Reed, but from my limited but intimate access, I'm not ready to take his word as anything more than hype / bluster. Not saying he's wrong about OBJ's potential interest in the Bills (Buffalo is a SEXY destination for WRs), but whatever conversation they had was akin to late-night bro-hype over nose beers. 

Also if you have an attractive female in your life, watch out for Andre in the DMs. Word of advice. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Even if OBJ was signed tomorrow, Davis will have half a season to show himself.   If he is the great player everybody wants to think he is, he will have no problem showing it.  

The only reason Davis had the game he did against KC was the choice of the D to take away Diggs and Knox and make somebody else beat them.  Davis had a great game, but it was because KC bet he couldn’t do it and he did.  End of the day, KC still won, so they were right(ish).   McKenzie had a 200 yard game against the Fins and he’s never come close again, one game, especially one that’s an obvious outlier is not something I consider anything to put much stock in.

I know people want to claim sanders took away Davis’ opportunities, but that’s just not true.  Sanders was a non factor most of the year, especially the second half of the year.  He had a whole 42 catches for the year, Davis had more opportunities than Sanders did and if Davis wasn’t doing enough to over take a gimpy Sanders, it says something.   Davis didn’t have a game over 5 catches and broke 100 yards one time (on 3 catches), just once the whole year.  He has been a complimentary player at best thus far.  OBJ is a bonafide #1 and a super star, if you can add him and he takes away snaps from Davis, oh well.  Davis has not shown he is a difference maker.  I like him, I hope he steps up big, but there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest he deserves to be handed the top spot behind Diggs. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I mean, AB was fine with the Steelers and also fine for a while with the Bucs. 

my buddy who is a Steelers fan always has warned me that with these number 1 receivers, there is always a risk that it can go off the rails, especially if things aren’t going their way. I think that is a good point. 

would that happen to OBJ here? I don’t know. But with the talent we have and OBJ coming off another ACL, I am not a fan of rolling the dice. 

I wouldn't give him a multi year deal but if Beane says here's 2.5 million guaranteed with incentives to get up to 5 million for this year to prove you still have it so you can strike it rich in free agency next year.  Why not?  Also, he's more sane than Antonio Brown so it's a little unfair to lump him in with him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.