Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

57 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't see it happening. Unless Gabe becomes a huge dissapointment this season, I just see no reason for it. Personally I think I'd take my chances on Gabe becoming a star over signing obj. Sure, you could have them all, but seems unnecessary Imo

Davis should have been the #2 last season, but we signed Sanders.  Gabe will be a star.

My concern is he is a UFA after next season.  4 year rookie contract.  With all the other big tickets coming up, can we afford him?  Edmunds, Poyer, Knox?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

It seems as if there is always talent to be found at the WR position, especially at the trade deadline. I wouldn't sign OBJ until we know what we have for sure within our own roster as well as I'd like to see what other options are available around the league if we need to go that route. I'm not too worried about another WR at this point. The Bills seem stacked to me with receiving talent at WR, TE and RB.

Fully agree.... I can't see anything happening at this point. With confidence they have in Gabe along with McK looking impressive, then you add the rookie Shak making plays getting attention.....no way they don't see what they have 1st before considering anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Davis should have been the #2 last season, but we signed Sanders.  Gabe will be a star.

My concern is he is a UFA after next season.  4 year rookie contract.  With all the other big tickets coming up, can we afford him?  Edmunds, Poyer, Knox?

i think gabe gets traded for a first and we draft the replacement. Can’t pay everyone 

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

OBJ is one of the hardest workers in the game. If the Bills want to sign him character won't be an issue. The stuff we heard about him on the Browns is the same kind of thing we heard about Diggs on the Vikings.

Yup. Diggs was considered a massive diva before he came to Buffalo. He’s been nothing but amazing in Buffalo. Team Captain. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m good with it if it happens but I don’t want to take snaps away from Davis either. If OBj would be #2 and it would push Davis to #3 I’d rather just give Davis the snaps. Especially after all the work he’s put in. I really think he’s going to have a breakout year.

Oh FCOL, you don’t want to take snaps away from a guy who’s done absolutely nothing in his career vs an All Pro? C’mon.  I like Davis, the guy has had 2 seasons of 600 yards. If he’s as good as you want him to be, there’s nothing to worry about, he won’t be held off the field.   OBJ has been great since the day he stepped on the field in the NFL, he’s a great talent.   What’s the worst that happens, Diggs runs more in routes (where he already eats) and you have two big time guys going to the boundaries? 

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Gotta be careful with diva receivers. Way too much risk with upsetting the team dynamic. 

Yeah, check out that Diggs guy the Bills tries to make work, that was a bust.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, check out that Diggs guy the Bills tries to make work, that was a bust.

Diggs is exactly the guy I am thinking about. He is the number 1 guy here

and obviously there were some issues in Minnesota. But he is great here. Why throw a monkey wrench in a good thing here by bringing in a guy like OBJ? Just a lot of unnecessary risk to the team dynamic. 

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OBJ is one of the myriad receivers in the 2014 draft WAY better than Sammy Watkins Jr.  If he can be had cheap, I'm in.

I don't know how cheap, but if a one year deal and considering he would miss many games, that may bring the price down 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

If Davis produces like I think he will we can't afford to not re-sign him. We'd flip a 30 year old Diggs before letting a 24 year old Davis walk. 

• Agree 1

I'm not sure how much private exposure fans have had to Andre Reed, but from my limited but intimate access, I'm not ready to take his word as anything more than hype / bluster. Not saying he's wrong about OBJ's potential interest in the Bills (Buffalo is a SEXY destination for WRs), but whatever conversation they had was akin to late-night bro-hype over nose beers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.