Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure when he got surgery, but typically surgery is done 2-3 weeks post injury, so if the surgery was late February and he’s been rehabbing then my guess is he should be good to return to football as soon as early November. 

Last season he came back at 9 months post operation and his knee reportedly felt very bad.    He wasn't right until half way thru the season.

Maybe his last surgery was just botched and this one went much better...........but I would have expected him to wait a bit longer to come back this time.   

I'm not sure it makes much sense for him to even come back this season...........if he does then you know the dude really wants to play and win because it's no better than a 50/50 decision whether it's smarter to rehab and workout for teams in March before free agency or to play a few late season and playoff games.

Probably more like 20/80 or less in favor of it being wiser to sit the whole year out and have a longer, healthier career to earn money.    

Then again...........maybe he knows he probably won't come back in 2022 and just doesn't want to say anything because he likes the attention...........or maybe he can find some team to pay him to re-hab like Buffalo did with Shawne Merriman.

If this is going to happen one would think it would be before the season so the team could use the PUP designation.  They could also do it in week 2 to avoid him being fully vested for the season and stick him on IR.  The team can bring as many as 8 players back from IR during the season now.  If they know they want to do this the benefit is he can get into the playbook even if he can't practice. You then also have the team medical staff involved for a longer period of time.] and you're able to utilize the 21 day practice window before activating him.  In the end it will come down to money and what OBJ is willing to accept given that he won't be available for at least half the season.  The other option is to let him sit out there until he's closer to being ready to play, but then you invite more of a bidding war with another desperate team who also wants his services.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

cole-beasley.jpg

He could've handled the Browns situation better and just asked for a trade like Diggs did.  Not have his father send out a video of him being hoping unnecessarily dragging down his quarterback.

True enough, like I said not a big fan of the guy…, but the Browns organization…, 😂

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Andre Reed literally says OBJ and Von running it back in Buffalo and "Let's just say we had an interesting conversation."

If OBJ is NOT signing with the Bills, Reed gets a big-time troll award.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgpPzVHL49o/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It's just talk, maybe wishful thinking on Andre's part. Nothing to see here ...

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m good with it if it happens but I don’t want to take snaps away from Davis either. If OBj would be #2 and it would push Davis to #3 I’d rather just give Davis the snaps. Especially after all the work he’s put in. I really think he’s going to have a breakout year.

The Bills should regularly be in 3 and 4 WR sets.  You can never have too much talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Of course, OBJ is the guy we should have selected instead of Sammy Watkins that year.  But, setting that aside, we don't need any bad attitude on the team...so I don't favor his signing, however talented.

Apparently had they stayed at that pick, the decision would’ve been between Odell and TE Eric Ebron, with Bills brass reportedly leaning towards Ebron. That was under the Whaley regime where leaks were more available.

I don't see it happening. Unless Gabe becomes a huge dissapointment this season, I just see no reason for it. Personally I think I'd take my chances on Gabe becoming a star over signing obj. Sure, you could have them all, but seems unnecessary Imo

• Like (+1) 1

If we signed him, he'd start the season on IR, right? He's not expected to be ready after his ACL surgery until October. At that point, it's not like he's going to push Davis (or whomever ends up at slot, for that matter) down the depth chart. Seems like a pretty high-profile signing for a late season insurance policy.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If we signed him, he'd start the season on IR, right? He's not expected to be ready after his ACL surgery until October. At that point, it's not like he's going to push Davis (or whomever ends up at slot, for that matter) down the depth chart. Seems like a pretty high-profile signing for a late season insurance policy.

That's most important time to have him during late season/post season. 

• Like (+1) 1

It seems as if there is always talent to be found at the WR position, especially at the trade deadline. I wouldn't sign OBJ until we know what we have for sure within our own roster as well as I'd like to see what other options are available around the league if we need to go that route. I'm not too worried about another WR at this point. The Bills seem stacked to me with receiving talent at WR, TE and RB.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.