Andre Reed heavily suggests that OBJ will sign with Bills

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Clearly a "process" guy.  

OBJ is one of the hardest workers in the game. If the Bills want to sign him character won't be an issue. The stuff we heard about him on the Browns is the same kind of thing we heard about Diggs on the Vikings.

• Like (+1) 6

Crowder has been hurt for most of training camp. If we lose one more receiver, we will likely need to add a free agent. The only way that guy is OBJ is if we restructure Tre or sign Edmunds long term to lower his cap hit.

There's still the possibility that Tre is not ready for the start of the season and we need to add a veteran cb, so we may need to save money for that possibility.

16 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Crowder has been hurt for most of training camp. If we lose one more receiver, we will likely need to add a free agent. The only way that guy is OBJ is if we restructure Tre or sign Edmunds long term to lower his cap hit.

There's still the possibility that Tre is not ready for the start of the season and we need to add a veteran cb, so we may need to save money for that possibility.

Obj won’t be playing for til the end of the season.  He won’t cost much. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If OBJ was smart he would make sure he is healthy as possible before starting negotiations with any team.

That's going to eat up close to half a season.  Looking to sign a long-term contract wouldn't be smart knowing most teams have

burned up their cap.  He will make much more at the start of FA next year.

So, when healthy it may be wise to sign with a competitor for the remaining of the season.  Which team and for how much could maybe vary a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

my first thought was do the Bills really need  another WR in an already very talented stable?  I will defer my opinion to McBeane but muppys answer would be no *shrugs* . I think that signing would be a Bombshell a lot of fans won't be expecting to happen if it does. Especially after the off seasons free agent signings we already have do they really have the money capwise to pull it off?  

I don't think Andre Reed would spout such information out of thin air however. hmmmmm

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Clearly a "process" guy.  

Honestly, I kinda hate a lot about him but dude just helped a team win a SB. Overall, not a big fan of him, but we need to pretend like this window is going to last for 10 years. When Allen’s contract kicks in, this team is going to be really hard to keep together. If it’s November and we need a final push, as much as I don’t like him, I’d be fine with it.  

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

my first thought was do the Bills really need  another WR in an already very talented stable?  I will defer my opinion to McBeane but muppys answer would be no *shrugs* . I think that signing would be a Bombshell a lot of fans won't be expecting to happen if it does. Especially after the off seasons free agent signings we already have do they really have the money capwise to pull it off?  

I don't think Andre Reed would spout such information out of thin air however. hmmmmm

As the worlds biggest Reed fan, I highly doubt he has some great insight. It would make sense for a SB push. 

Rams went out and got OBJ.  Bucs went out and got Antonio Brown.  Both were instrumental in their Super Bowl wins.  He'd be great depth if he's able to come back in time for the stretch run.  Some on here have suggested we lack outside WR depth.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Idgaf what people think, that signing would be absolutely HUGE. 

Yeah it would be a big one. And would come at a really good time getting on the field down last stretch into post season. 

But even coming from A. Reed, as some others have said "believe it when I see it"

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Rams went out and got OBJ.  Bucs went out and got Antonio Brown.  Both were instrumental in their Super Bowl wins.  He'd be great depth if he's able to come back in time for the stretch run.  Some on here have suggested we lack outside WR depth.

Yup agree....and I get that since it's coming from A.Reed it may hold more water, but still going to take with grain of salt myself

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

If OBJ was smart he would make sure he is healthy as possible before starting negotiations with any team.

That's going to eat up close to half a season.  Looking to sign a long-term contract wouldn't be smart knowing most teams have

burned up their cap.  He will make much more at the start of FA next year.

So, when healthy it may be wise to sign with a competitor for the remaining of the season.  Which team and for how much could maybe vary a lot.

If he was the Super Bowl MVP and Al Davis were still alive, he’d be offered enough to take the sting out of not winning the Mega-Millions. 

I’d be all for it once he’s healthy and if we can make cap space. I think he came out looking like the grown up from the Cleveland situation. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Idgaf what people think, that signing would be absolutely HUGE. 

I’ve not been a big fan of OBJ, but, it can not be argued that he would not benefit the bills offense and the teams goals, I suspect he has matured enough to not be a problem for the Bills, as for his time with the Browns, who would not want out of that tire fire? Ask yourselves that question …,

Go  Bills!!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

cole-beasley.jpg

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I’ve not been a big fan of OBJ, but, it can not be argued that he would not benefit the bills offense and the teams goals, I suspect he has matured enough to not be a problem for the Bills, as for his time with the Browns, who would not want out of that tire fire? Ask yourselves that question …,

Go  Bills!!!

He could've handled the Browns situation better and just asked for a trade like Diggs did.  Not have his father send out a video of him being hoping unnecessarily dragging down his quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m good with it if it happens but I don’t want to take snaps away from Davis either. If OBj would be #2 and it would push Davis to #3 I’d rather just give Davis the snaps. Especially after all the work he’s put in. I really think he’s going to have a breakout year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.