TE3 more important than ever. Room for a TE4?

benderbender

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I get it, but I do expect more than what we had in Sweeney. 

Time is about run out for Tommy, I fear.  He has had only 17 catches in his career and his blocking is average at best from what I see and hear.

That 2020 illness may be the reason but who knows.  He doesn't play any special teams and that can't help.

If he doesn't step up now, I see him heading to the PS or outright cut.

It could be a shame that Howard is not a great improvement, but I got to give him some more time.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Time is about run out for Tommy, I fear.  He has had only 17 catches in his career and his blocking is average at best from what I see and hear.

That 2020 illness may be the reason but who knows.  He doesn't play any special teams and that can't help.

If he doesn't step up now, I see him heading to the PS or outright cut.

It could be a shame that Howard is not a great improvement, but I got to give him some more time.

Yeah I agree. That's the thing though, I feel like it would just take anything around average type performance to push Sweeney out. 

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As shallow as they are at WR they could literally run with 5 WR's(Diggs, Davis, Shakir, McKenzie and Crowder).  

Maybe even 4 if Crowder doesn't get right.

Unless they have amazing camps or preseasons Austin, Hodgins and Stevenson would all probably have to take practice squad jobs anywhere else in the NFL so they'd be there to provide playbook familiarity if nothing else.

I think they keep, maybe even 7 WR depending on special teams ( returns AND coverage). No way do they keep as few as 4 WR; they run a lot of 3 WR sets.

Taiwan Jones could be in jeaporday.

Edited by Georgie

17 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No way they carry 4 TEs. 

If I'm McD I go with Knox, Howard, and Doyle or some other backup OT. 

Cut Gilliam. I have no idea why he is on the roster. He does nothing well. He doesn't block well, he doesn't catch well out of the backfield, and he doesn't pass protect well. Their should be no roster spot for a FB unless they are a special talent, which he is clearly not.

As others have said they need to reserve a few roster spots for special teams and backup OL.

I thought he was a pretty good blocker. He was pretty important to our run game last year.  That and he plays like all the ST snaps. But I see your point if it’s we’re gonna run zone so he less important than when we ran gap

blocking at the end of last year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.