Training Camp practice 7/30 - The pads come on

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree.. it shouldn’t be a staple considering their personnel, but you’ll def see a lot more of it than years past… specifically because I think McD wants to run the ball more EFFECTIVELY.

I mostly agree, but I’m not sure what the ratio would look like, or how different it will be. I added the one bolded word nobody can argue with. We need to be able to run effectively to close games out. It’s pretty cool that we can expect to be ahead late in a lot of games! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

I’m so glad I you quoted this. OP deleted it. Easily one of the dumbest posts ever on TSW. 

Players staging a scuffle on the 5th day of camp is right up there with “ground up and in the freezer”, “high level business meetings”, and the guy who gambled his savings away. 

If only the post lasted long enough to catch fire. 

Thanks for saying this too, lol. I was desperately trying to quote the original quote. Absolute lunacy and the type that's all too common currently. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Injuries have killed OJ 😉 but I still have high hopes. The talent that he has would make him the ultimate TE2.

and I love the fight but I hate the idiots jumping on the pile. Just a dumb way to cause an injury. 

We've got Wydermyer.

TE1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Punt God v. sHaanckapotamus.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Haack is a goner. This reminds me of the Bass vs Hauschka battle a couple years ago. Bass seemed a little shaky in areas but his flashes were enough to keep the high floor rookie over an incumbent who may be slightly better at the time. 

Beane has made a clear point that he wants the strongest arm and legs for this WNY weather. We really have the strongest armed QB, strongest legged kicker and strongest legged punter in the league. 😎

The other difference is that we all loved Hau$ch money, and despised the POS Anderson who ended his career with that cheap shot in the Jets game.  No bad guy cheap shotted sHaanckapotamus, he's universally despised all on his own.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

We're switched over from Williams and are loading up on Jordan's now....

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Nick McCloud was known to have outstanding athleticism and size/speed ratio coming out of Ohio State.  For whatever reason, his production didn't match his physical profile.  When the Bills signed him as a free agent, it was with the hope that with time and good coaching he could develop into a solid NFL CB.  He's been with the Bills now for two years.  It looks like the Bills' investment may be paying off.

McCloud-Meme.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Really glad to see him there. It makes me hopeful that Kim might be feeling a bit better. 🤞🤞

I believe that’s the first time we’ve seen Terry since Kim’s medical issues. He wasn’t at the Sabres draft afaik and he’s always there.

He was at the Sabres prospects camp a couple weeks ago at Harbor Center.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Is it no secret? 

I think it’s wait and see, but my hope is they don’t want to run it more necessarily, but run it more effectively… again, hate the idea of taking the ball out of the best players hands more….. I’ve said it many times, it was one of the reasons the Bills got down 9 points against KC in the divisional game…. McD/Daboll trying to force a ball control game…. It’s one of my concerns with McD, he doesn’t want to get into shootouts, but I question why he has a fear of that with a QB like Josh. 

Well it wasn't a secret to my knowledge anyways, 

If my memory serves me right I recall it was mentioned a few times a little while back in a couple interviews it was said...."We want to run the ball more or needing more from the run game and Josh running less". Something along those lines.....

I feel positive it was said on more than one occasion, that along with Kromer to help with Oline in general is where I kinda got my clue personally. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Is it no secret? 

I think it’s wait and see, but my hope is they don’t want to run it more necessarily, but run it more effectively… again, hate the idea of taking the ball out of the best players hands more….. I’ve said it many times, it was one of the reasons the Bills got down 9 points against KC in the divisional game…. McD/Daboll trying to force a ball control game…. It’s one of my concerns with McD, he doesn’t want to get into shootouts, but I question why he has a fear of that with a QB like Josh. 

The HC and GM have been beating the run more effectively drum for months on end, that it appears you haven’t become aware of this…, The team will be averaging a pass to run ratio of 60% ish pass and forty% ish run, give or take the opponent that week, this will be very close to the entire upcoming seasons average give or take, this past season iirc was close to this average. They may very well get near a fifty fifty split in a game or two, folk need to wrap there football minds around this as a reality. 

Go Bills!!!

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

he also landed feet 👣 first 

I guess no one asked or offered the correct method 

Torso, center of the table. 

Elbow tucked inside your body like Macho man is also a good method.

df31d-15428599127026-800.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.