Training Camp practice 7/30 - The pads come on

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Obviously, you never want your superstar QB in the middle of a scrum. That’s just not smart. That said, I love the intensity in early camp. Anyone who’s ever been on a strong team knows stuff like this can happen and it will be a gigantic nothing between them once it’s over. Now…stay the F away from the franchise! 😂

Josh has…. that dog in him 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haack is a goner. This reminds me of the Bass vs Hauschka battle a couple years ago. Bass seemed a little shaky in areas but his flashes were enough to keep the high floor rookie over an incumbent who may be slightly better at the time. 

Beane has made a clear point that he wants the strongest arm and legs for this WNY weather. We really have the strongest armed QB, strongest legged kicker and strongest legged punter in the league. 😎

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

It looked pretty natural in the video. These guys have enough going on, I doubt they are planning staged scuffles with a chance for a silly injury. 

I’m so glad I you quoted this. OP deleted it. Easily one of the dumbest posts ever on TSW. 

Players staging a scuffle on the 5th day of camp is right up there with “ground up and in the freezer”, “high level business meetings”, and the guy who gambled his savings away. 

If only the post lasted long enough to catch fire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Nice to hear.  These out of nowhere CBs that Beane and company find plus the undoubtably great work by John Butler and Jim Salgado

is amazing.  Looks like cutdown for the depth CBs will be tough and hope the guys on the outside can hang on the PS.

Side note:  With Butler now also taking on defensive pass game coordinator duties, anyone think he may be next in line for DC like I do?

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Nice to hear.  These out of nowhere CBs that Beane and company find plus the undoubtably great work by John Butler and Jim Salgado

is amazing.  Looks like cutdown for the depth CBs will be tough and hope the guys on the outside can hang on the PS.

Side note:  With Butler now also taking on defensive pass game coordinator duties, anyone think he may be next in line for DC like I do?

I fully expect other teams to snaffle up any of the guys who don't make it. One of the downsides of being a great team is it's harder to hide players away on the PS. Makes a nice change from a few years ago when we had PS squad guys as the starters

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.