Training Camp practice 7/30 - The pads come on

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks for the video.   Pretty big scrum - lots of offensive players arriving to protect the leader.    No harm.   Good to see.  Philips always threatens to be just a tad out of control, but I've always liked his edginess.  He and Josh won't have any problems. 

And I love Jackson's reaction after the back shoulder to Diggs.   Throws up his arms as if to say "what am I supposed to do to stop that?"

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Obviously, you never want your superstar QB in the middle of a scrum. That’s just not smart. That said, I love the intensity in early camp. Anyone who’s ever been on a strong team knows stuff like this can happen and it will be a gigantic nothing between them once it’s over. Now…stay the F away from the franchise! 😂

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks for the video.   Pretty big scrum - lots of offensive players arriving to protect the leader.    No harm.   Good to see.  Philips always threatens to be just a tad out of control, but I've always liked his edginess.  He and Josh won't have any problems. 

Ah, so it was Philips. Makes sense

31 minutes ago, StHustle said:

yeah I don’t think Jordan did that to Kyler…I do think Josh’s size and physicality makes it more welcoming for Jordan to feel he can do a little extra

How could you know if he did or didn’t do that to Kyler? That’s pure speculation. You’d have to follow Cards camp to even have a chance at knowing. 

The rest of your comment may hold some merit, either way it’s pretty much like nothing. It’s got to be hard to do their job when all of sudden the red no contact qb comes running at you.

4 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

How could you know if he did or didn’t do that to Kyler? That’s pure speculation. You’d have to follow Cards camp to even have a chance at knowing. 

The rest of your comment may hold some merit, either way it’s pretty much like nothing. It’s got to be hard to do their job when all of sudden the red no contact qb comes running at you.

I think he’s probably right. But also, it seems like Josh may have been less upset about a little shoulder pop, and more upset that it came just after the whistle. It looked bang bang. But I thought it was a touch late, especially for training camp and your QB. 

2 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the scuffle was staged. 

It looked pretty natural in the video. These guys have enough going on, I doubt they are planning staged scuffles with a chance for a silly injury. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.