Isaiah McKenzie in the film room with Cover 1

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Players get traded all the time with a year left on their deal. I think we can easily get a 6th for him from a slot WR needy team

Another slot WR needy team could have had him for 2 million and zero picks in March.  

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes.  A few days earlier on a 2-year deal.

So the implication is that McKenzie’s agent didn’t attempt to figure out his market and just signed with the Bills for whatever they offered? For guaranteed money of only $1.25 million? Gee must have sold him way short seeing as how we have people thinking teams will trade high end picks for him now when they could have had him for peanuts in the off season (except for the “deceitful” agent that kept all these sparkling offers from him).

2 hours ago, BubbaT said:

They're gearing up for a Super Bowl run. You don't trade veterans, especially guys that are popular in the locker room, you acquire them. In addition, he's starting as your slot receiver, might be their best player in camp and has something they lack (speed). With Beasley gone, you have no idea what McKenzie will be like this year with increased playing time. No thanks to a mid round pick at best for that. ANY team that wanted McKenzie could have had him in the off season. He was a free agent. The league told you what they thought by passing.

Beane has done exactly that (during training camp, no less), for picks..  I'm not saying they should do it, I'm describing a conversation 2BD was having, re: would he do it again this summer.

With that being the premise, I wonder which player would generate the most interest and therefore value.  So I mentioned McKenzie, for the obvious reasons I cited.

Cheeel Win--staahn.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Beane has done exactly that (during training camp, no less), for picks..  I'm not saying they should do it, I'm describing a conversation 2BD was having, re: would he do it again this summer.

With that being the premise, I wonder which player would generate the most interest and therefore value.  So I mentioned McKenzie, for the obvious reasons I cited.

Cheeel Win--staahn.

Most of those vets were marginal o line prospects he was going to cut EXCEPT for the early contract gut jobs with Watkins, Dareus et al. Totally different circumstance now and, hey, explain why all the teams in the league passed on McKenzie in the off season? And slots are a dime a dozen

Edited by BubbaT

Just now, BubbaT said:

So the implication is that McKenzie’s agent didn’t attempt to figure out his market and just signed with the Bills for whatever they offered? For guaranteed money of only $1.25 million? Gee must have sold him way short seeing as how we have people thinking teams will trade high end picks for him now when they could have had him for peanuts in the off season (except for the “deceitful” agent that kept all these sparkling offers from him).

From everything I remember hearing is that McKenzie wanting to sign with the Bills and made that quite clear.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/18/why-isaiah-mckenzie-re-signed-buffalo-bills/

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

From everything I remember hearing is that McKenzie wanting to sign with the Bills and made that quite clear.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/18/why-isaiah-mckenzie-re-signed-buffalo-bills/

Maybe because the other teams offered basically the same peanuts contract and he’d rather be here under those circumstances 

3 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Most of those vets were marginal o line prospects he was going to cut EXCEPT for the early contract gut jobs with Watkins, Dareus et al. Totally different circumstance now and, hey, explain why all the teams in the league passed on McKenzie in the off season? And slots are a dime a dozen

In my first post, I mentioned McK getting a lot of reps and looking sharp in camp early, plus they know his quote is pretty cheap.

2 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Maybe because the other teams offered basically the same peanuts contract and he’d rather be here under those circumstances 

I just gave you one article.  He did not test FA and re-signed with the Bills.  He wanted to stay in Buffalo.  You can look it up if you want.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Another slot WR needy team could have had him for 2 million and zero picks in March.  

You think he didn’t have options? Crowder is respected across the league and certainly a team with injury issues will be happy to hand over a 6th or 7th for Crowders services this year. To say he has no trade value is false. Plain and simple.

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You think he didn’t have options? Crowder is respected across the league and certainly a team with injury issues will be happy to hand over a 6th or 7th for Crowders services this year. To say he has no trade value is false. Plain and simple.

his value to the Bills is a 7th round pick?

40 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

They signed McKenzie before the FA negotiating period. You should learn the rules of free agency before you start making these arguments.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just gave you one article.  He did not test FA and re-signed with the Bills.  He wanted to stay in Buffalo.  You can look it up if you want.

There is a serious difference between "not testing free agency" and getting a fix on the market in advance of free agency and determining what is going to be a reasonable contract. It is agent malpractice not to do that.  I cannot help you if you don't understand that.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

They signed McKenzie before the FA negotiating period. You should learn the rules of free agency before you start making these arguments.

If you don't think agents determine a market in advance of free agency you are naive.

Just now, BubbaT said:

There is a serious difference between "not testing free agency" and getting a fix on the market in advance of free agency and determining what is going to be a reasonable contract. It is agent malpractice not to do that.  I cannot help you if you don't understand that.

I'm not asking for your help.  What Lil' Dirty wants to do with his career is up to him.  I just stated the facts of what happened.

Personally, I was glad he re-signed with the enthusiasm he displayed.

42 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

If you don't think agents determine a market in advance of free agency you are naive.

From your post I responded to:

"Maybe because the other teams offered basically the same peanuts contract and he’d rather be here under those circumstances."

You're just making straw-man arguments at this point.

Edit: Also, I'd be pissed off if they traded McKenzie, and I very much doubt they will. But it's naive to think he has no trade value, especially with Brandon Beane making the deal.

Edited by Rocky Landing

15 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Edit: Also, I'd be pissed off if they traded McKenzie, and I very much doubt they will. But it's naive to think he has no trade value, especially with Brandon Beane making the deal.

I still have hope for Hodgins, the 6th rounder from the Russell Bodine fleecing of BB.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I still have hope for Hodgins, the 6th rounder from the Russell Bodine fleecing of BB.

Dean Kindig, of Astro Notes fame was just talking up Hodgins. Maybe this is his year...?

56 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Probably destined for more heartbreak, but looks like they're giving it another shot tonight.

Dang, Isaiah! FaceTiming while driving??? And stop with the gesturing! Keep your hands on the wheel!

Edited by Rocky Landing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.