Seahawks sign Metcalf to 3 yr 72 million extension

Greg S

6 hours ago, BTB said:

You mean “trying” like when you go from Russell Wilson, to Drew Lock and Geno Smith? 😂😂😂

Here’s a question for you…. Exactly how did the seahags completely fall apart and have Wilson so POed he wanted out?

I know it’s very early but Josh’s contract kicked in and Beane is simply doing a superb job. Did Seattle lose their GM or something?

I know Seattle had a Super draft one year to set them in motion but what happened then?

Things look so good for the Bills right now it’s surreal… knock on wood! No jinxes!

25 minutes ago, DrDare said:

cannot believe they did that with a WR (even a great one) at the beginning of a rebuild, that'll set ya back

perhaps they set it up to be quite trade-able.

I expect there is no "no trade" clause

I suspect Seattle's rebuild will include coach and front office, too.

I know the Allens say they wont sell until at least 2024 or something, but the team wont be as attractive with an 80 year old head coach.

20 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Davis will need to have a good couple of seasons for DK’s contract to enter into the discussion during negotiations. 

Not sure he needs "a couple good seasons". 1300 yards and 15 TD's would probably do it in one season. Gabe has been on a steady rise since he first stepped on the field as a rookie. And he's proven to be a big time playoff performer already. 

58 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not sure he needs "a couple good seasons". 1300 yards and 15 TD's would probably do it in one season. Gabe has been on a steady rise since he first stepped on the field as a rookie. And he's proven to be a big time playoff performer already. 

lol ya think?

No one on the roster has ever gotten those numbers.  

9 hours ago, maddenboy said:

perhaps they set it up to be quite trade-able.

I expect there is no "no trade" clause

I suspect Seattle's rebuild will include coach and front office, too.

I know the Allens say they wont sell until at least 2024 or something, but the team wont be as attractive with an 80 year old head coach.

The Allen’s selling in 2024 would make a ton of sense.  Carroll is signed through 2025.  Draft a QB and get the team moving in the right direction and sell.  The new owner would get to chose their own HC and GM without a big payment to the outgoing ones.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol ya think?

No one on the roster has ever gotten those numbers.  

Diggs had over 1,500 yards in a 16 game season in 2020. 

I'm projecting fewer yards but more TD's in a 17 games season for Davis. That seems fair since Davis has always been a pretty good red zone threat already in his limited snap volume. Yes, they are very good numbers for a WR. But that is the point. Davis could reach that upper echelon of WR in just one year IMO. With his trajectory so far and the fact that his snap count is about to double this coming season I don't think it is a crazy projection. Especially if he continues to be a red zone threat. 

23 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I always get nervous seeing big money go to these super muscular gym rat players.  Feels like they'll get the payday then blow a knee in preseason or something.  Hopefully not of course, but we've seen it before.

People still overreacting to camera tricks I see.  He's similar size to TO. How many times did he blow out his knee because of his size?

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Diggs had over 1,500 yards in a 16 game season in 2020. 

I'm projecting fewer yards but more TD's in a 17 games season for Davis. That seems fair since Davis has always been a pretty good red zone threat already in his limited snap volume. Yes, they are very good numbers for a WR. But that is the point. Davis could reach that upper echelon of WR in just one year IMO. With his trajectory so far and the fact that his snap count is about to double this coming season I don't think it is a crazy projection. Especially if he continues to be a red zone threat. 

Diggs took 127 catches to reach over 1500 (never more than 10 TD--one time).  With the same targets last year, his yardage dropped 20%.  Add a rising Davis and the touches he will take away from Diggs, now way either can get 15TD. 

That’s the market for these top WR’s, and I remember some people bitching about Tre’s extension.  Now it’s a steal given what we’ve seen this off season.

I still think Cleveland or Seattle cave on a deal for Jimmy G.  Long term he’s better off in Seattle, but Cleveland has the more talented team.

One thing Seattle does have is two top flight WR’s.

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I like Davis, he might be one of my favorite Bills. Seems like a humble guy with a very healthy approach to life. I’d love for Davis to get 1300 yards and 15 TD’s. He has had two very similar seasons so far, outside of the KC playoff game. Like all of us, I hope year three and being WR2 means Davis receives increased opportunity and makes the most of it. My initial post was responding to someone saying DK set the floor for Davis. Right now that’s not the case at all. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

As the Bills learned so well while they wandered in the NFL desert for nearly a generation, you can waste a ton of money signing players up and down the roster, but until you have a QB you’re not going anywhere. (No offense Tyrod.)

Agree with that. For sure. But I think the Seahawks know that and are planning on drafting one in the first 5 picks next year. Extending a #1 receiver in advance is a good move if you then get the QB pick right. 

Of course the reality is Russ should have stayed and Pete and John Schneider should have gone. But that didn't happen so they are where they are. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with that. For sure. But I think the Seahawks know that and are planning on drafting one in the first 5 picks next year. Extending a #1 receiver in advance is a good move if you then get the QB pick right. 

Of course the reality is Russ should have stayed and Pete and John Schneider should have gone. But that didn't happen so they are where they are. 

The big one is getting the QB pick ‘right’…and we’ve all seen how hard that is to do. I still say, get the QB first and worry about everything else later.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The big one is getting the QB pick ‘right’…and we’ve all seen how hard that is to do. I still say, get the QB first and worry about everything else later.

But what do you do? Not extend a single good player because you don't have a Quarterback? With how contracts are now the best time to surround a QB with talent is when they are on their rookie deal. If you are basically a moribund wasteland at that point because you have not bothered extending anyone you will spend the first two years just catching up from that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, TBBills said:

Doesn't matter have to try.

True, you do have to try, but you have to do it in the correct order, the Bills tried receiver first it didn’t work. QB is always the first priority, then you build around him, maybe if they get clever and lucky Jimmy G could be their guy this year, while they hunt for the next Josh Allen. At this rate the next two seasons will be wasted in DKs career with no QB to throw the ball to him. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But what do you do? Not extend a single good player because you don't have a Quarterback? With how contracts are now the best time to surround a QB with talent is when they are on their rookie deal. If you are basically a moribund wasteland at that point because you have not bothered extending anyone you will spend the first two years just catching up from that.

It’s an interesting question for sure but I think there’s a middle ground. Until you have your QB you probably need to settle for a middle of the road serviceable roster. On offense, anyway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.