Seahawks sign Metcalf to 3 yr 72 million extension

Greg S

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That puts him just above Diggs and right below AJ Brown. Just outside the top 5. That is about right in value terms.Β 

Surely that depends on how you quantify value? In the context of the Seahawks-no franchise QB very few top of the market contracts it makes good sense. Is he indispensable to them in the same way that Diggs is to the Bills? Does he takeover games like top 5 WRs are supposed to? Is he the 6th best in the league? Not for me. I know that’s not how the market works and at least they didn’t reset the market like Christian Kirk. Certainly they’re smart to hold onto him but I think he has quite a bit to prove as a player and not sure that he will bring value for money in terms of actual production this year. I think it’s why he and Lockett aren’t getting much love in early fantasy drafts.

1 minute ago, BTB said:

You mean β€œtrying” like when you go from Russell Wilson, to Drew Lock and Geno Smith? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

That is a tank attempt. But if they do draft one in the top 3 picks next year it makes their job easier if they have a DK Metcalf to throw to.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.