Training Camp practice 7/29

YoloinOhio

Always think it’s more of a concentration issue with Knox instead of ability. If it was ability he wouldn’t make many of the tough catches he hauls in. That said, after training his eyes/mind to concentrate for two consecutive offseasons, it’s a little concerning reading he’s still dropping gimmes. Maybe that’s just who he is and if it is, that lack of consistency will prevent him from becoming a top 5 TE. He has all the other measureables to be considered.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im a fan of Knox.  He isn't Kelce but not many are.  Can't expect elite players at every position.  Knox has made some head scratching drops that have stalled drives.  A couple in that Pittsburg game last year... but the dude also makes some clutch tough ass catches.

Cant have Knox play too well or we wont be able to afford him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Check his contract. No reason to cut him. You IR him pretty easily. So many over reactions here during TC

I don't see how it's an over-reaction.

He came in to play the slot position and had been to one training camp practice. 

Right now he's losing ground to mckittrick (is that still a thing?) And Shakir is getting his reps and all signs point to him doing well so far. 

Also has a player ever been IR'd because they are sore?  Seriously asking. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

What? I literally posted the stats. We are the 3rd least injured team since 2012. This goes until 2020, but we were very healthy for 2021 so I'm sure we might have moved up. 

image.png.9a2401a9ab55ccfa3c40221dcf4ad0e6.png

image.thumb.png.224cf4d89cb8148b97034def72a35fb4.png   

Can you really say anything about how injury rate affected the Texans in 2020 or did they just suck regardless?  There's no clear trend with increasing injury, it's just a cluster of spread data with San Fran and Dallas as outliers.  Not like it follows the drawn line in any way, hinting it's an incorrect analysis.

"Right now, few public metrics capture the impact that injuries can have on a team’s on-field performance. "

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-data-study-war-adjusted-injuries-lost

The point of the article is to use Bayesian statistics to predict how much teams W-L records have been affected by injuries and ultimately attempt to predict how records will be affected by sustained injuries in-season.  It's a valiant but seemingly feeble attempt as they tie it to pre-season records.  Gotta start somewhere though.

I can find zero basis for the "we're due for a rash of injuries" you seem to feel the data supports.  They do make the point with a chart that injuries are random and unpredictable so I guess you can claim karma but they don't deal with that here.  Injuries have 3rd least affected our W-L record compared to preseason.  Great.

I feel like their time would be better spent comparing injury rates between established teams with consistent coaching and training staffs versus teams with high turnover of personnel and/or coaches year-to-year.

I would guess poor training staffs and players being out of position or confused due to inexperience and/or new Coordinators would have the biggest impact on injury rate above baseline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.