Training Camp practice 7/29

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am loving the reports of the defense stepping up so far.  Dont get me wrong I love offense, but the bigger weakness coming into this season was our defense.  They were good last year, but they didn't have the edge to them where you felt you could count on them in big moments or against better teams.  Looking forward to seeing this unit tested out the gate against the Rams offense.  

I characterize last year’s D as good but far from dominant. And I think that’s just the nature of McFrazier’s schemes more than anything else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I characterize last year’s D as good but far from dominant. And I think that’s just the nature of McFrazier’s schemes more than anything else. 

I don't know if I agree with it being a scheme issue.  

It's really hard, in todays NFL, to have a clutch/dominant Defense - especially against elite QB's - without a reliable pass rush.  

Replace Hughes or Addison with Von last year and we are the reigning Super Bowl Champions.  That Defense, even without Tre, isn't getting torched by Mahomes evading pressure all day.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This year will be the test.  We have a legit pass rushing DE, a solid interior rusher in Oliver, and maybe we have something in AJ or Rousseau.  This D should be scary in obvious passing situations.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He said Allen went down and got back up? I think we are too critical of Thad sometimes 🤷🏻‍♂️

We learned early on to couch the news in a certain way, like “everything turned out fine, but you’re not going to believe what your son did at school today”. It heads off that sinking feeling of terror in your gut. “It’s ok, alright, tell me the rest”. But that doesn’t get as many clicks, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I Heard you have soak in tomato juice. Thats some deep stank.

That works some with skunk spray, but the Jets are in another league all together. Worth a shot I guess. Nothing to lose but some tomato juice! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Eff Dawson Knox…I want to draft a TE high next year…

Isn’t Knox like the 4th or 5th best TE in football?  How much better can they get?  It’ll have to be a first round pick and probably not where the Bills are picking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Roundybout said:

meh, dude was a stud last season. Not worried. 

We’ve been so starved for good TE play that we think last year he was a stud…compared to other TE, though, he was solid, but nothing special imo

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Isn’t Knox like the 4th or 5th best TE in football?  How much better can they get?  It’ll have to be a first round pick and probably not where the Bills are picking. 

No…no he’s not…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

We’ve been so starved for good TE play that we think last year he was a stud…compared to other TE, though, he was solid, but nothing special imo

The most TE dependent of the top 15 TE's in the NFL last year...but he did have some big TD's for the Bills in the playoffs. He is in his FA year...so he needs to produce or they move on. Of more concern to me is the zero mentions of anything OJ Howard has done on the field. Zero.

• Agree 1

Knox has a flaw he has stone hands he’s a terrific athlete and not a bad blocker also will make amazing catches but he has a flaw he drops easy passes. 
Now you know why he loves to play with Allen. Josh makes anyone look good certainly not Vice Versa. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The most TE dependent of the top 15 TE's in the NFL last year...but he did have some big TD's for the Bills in the playoffs. He is in his FA year...so he needs to produce or they move on. Of more concern to me is the zero mentions of anything OJ Howard has done on the field. Zero.

If OJ Howard is a bigger concern then you’re expectations for him were higher than they should be. 

He’s mediocre. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.