Clarification on Spencer Brown injury

YoloinOhio

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Yikes.  Hope he is progressing well.  I'd imagine Bean is on this and will have a FA backup RT lined up to start in case Brown is unavailable.  

1 minute ago, Process said:

Yea...im concerned about the RT spot. Even if he bounces back from the injury, we still don't know if he's actually a good starter or not. He was a mess at times last year. 

And depth across the o line is pretty poor. 

Saffold was an upgrade over williams.  Morse will fit in well in this scheme.  Dawkins with a full offseason.  

My concerns are on the right side - i like Brown and the upside, injury concern aside.  Bates played well in limited snaps.  But the depth... yeesh

Ford, Quessenberry, Mancz, Van Roten, Hart.  Boettger on PUP.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Process said:

Yea...im concerned about the RT spot. Even if he bounces back from the injury, we still don't know if he's actually a good starter or not. He was a mess at times last year. 

And depth across the o line is pretty poor. 

Seems like he was a mess after  week 9 when he got hurt.  That could explain why he appeared to drop off later i nthe season

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Saffold was an upgrade over williams.  Morse will fit in well in this scheme.  Dawkins with a full offseason.  

My concerns are on the right side - i like Brown and the upside, injury concern aside.  Bates played well in limited snaps.  But the depth... yeesh

How many other teams have great backups?  O line is different, look at the snap counts, they play every snap unless hurt so many of these guys may never play barring injury.  Yes the two starters still leave questions, but they also both have good upside and should improve with experience.  As the article talked about Brown has something you can't teach size and speed.

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

You left out Doyle.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.