Najee Harris tries to convert young Bills fan at Steelers camp

YoloinOhio

The back story on this is that Aditi Kinkhabwala is an nfl reporter who lives in Pittsburgh. She covers the whole league but obviously has a close connection to the Steelers, her husband is a huge fan, etc. Her son is about 6 and a couple years ago she gave him a Bills hat that she picked up when she was in Buffalo. Apparently he never takes it off since then and has become a die hard Bills fan. she has told this story on air, it’s great. Every picture she shares of him he’s wearing the hat or some type of bills gear.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Cute exchange.  Good for both involved.  We would hope our players would be respectful and do the same for a young kid that may like a different team.

In my home it's been an ongoing friendly struggle with my son who loves Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, and the Seahawks.  He is a bit heartbroken as his childhood heroes move on. Much like I went through when Kelly retired, Bruce left for Washington, and the ultimate heart break to see Thurman in a Dolphins uniform.   

• Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I respect the hell out of Najee Harris.  He drove 9 hours to  support his teammates at the Alabama Pro Day because his flight was cancelled.  Najee himself was injured and was able to participate.

That is real dedication to drive 9 hours.

He also went out of his way to keep his commitment to Devonta Smith and show up to his Celeb Softball game last month. He drove in…participated most the game but had to leave early to catch a flight for another obligation that evening. As part owner of the company, I rarely ask for pics with the players (they deal with enough of that from our customers) but Najee was an exception for me. I made it known I was a die hard Bills Mafia and would have loved if we drafted him. He said he thought it was a good chance he landed in Buffalo before the draft.

3-F020558-6-D1-E-4-FAD-A8-B9-E40-EB291-E

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He also went out of his way to keep his commitment to Devonta Smith and show up to his Celeb Softball game last month. He drove in…participated most the game but had to leave early to catch a flight for another obligation that evening. As part owner of the company, I rarely ask for pics with the players (they deal with enough of that from our customers) but Najee was an exception for me. I made it known I was a die hard Bills Mafia and would have loved if we drafted him. He said he thought it was a good chance he landed in Buffalo before the draft.

3-F020558-6-D1-E-4-FAD-A8-B9-E40-EB291-E

Guy is a class act!

As the draft was proceeding I was hoping he would drop to us, he got close.

Is that you in the foreground, next time try and smile!

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

36 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Guy is a class act!

As the draft was proceeding I was hoping he would drop to us, he got close.

Is that you in the foreground, next time try and smile!

Lol…that is a “try to smile” for me! I rarely smile big in pics. I saw Jordan Phillips in the airport the day OTAs let out (we ended up on same flight to DFW) and I smiled big in the selfie…my girlfriend was shocked when she saw cause I never smile that big but I just got done talking to Jordan about the Turkey Day game when him and Shaq mocked Zeek’s “feed me” celebration, so we just had a good laugh.

Jordan also seems to be a class act and just a “regular” type of guy. Soft spoken and like to laugh but brings that mean streak on the field. Def glad he’s back in the mix but sad Jerry has to miss this run tho!

C3-CDA778-0330-4-F55-B860-578-AF32-CC2-C

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

If you don't like it, Nagee, give Brandon Beane a call when your rookie deal expires and sign your next contract in Buffalo.    He would be a nice complement to what the Bills have at running back now.

Well of course contract demands play a huge part but yeah, Najee > Singletary is obvious…but not sure this regime is into paying vets RB1 money or even if that’s affordable based on how they built the team out.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The back story on this is that Aditi Kinkhabwala is an nfl reporter who lives in Pittsburgh. She covers the whole league but obviously has a close connection to the Steelers, her husband is a huge fan, etc. Her son is about 6 and a couple years ago she gave him a Bills hat that she picked up when she was in Buffalo. Apparently he never takes it off since then and has become a die hard Bills fan. she has told this story on air, it’s great. Every picture she shares of him he’s wearing the hat or some type of bills gear.

why did she pick up a Bills hat when in Buffalo.  The answer is clear: she is a closet Bills fan raising her son to be a Bills fan!!!  

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Says Naj while rocking NY Yankees gear in Pittsburgh!! 😆🥴

well, to be fair, we don't have a pro team here because our cheap owner Bob Nutting refuses to invest in a winning team.  I've become a Braves fan living in PGH.  haha.  Bills, Pens, Braves.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I've become a Braves fan living in PGH.  haha.  Bills, Pens, Braves.  

What? Not a Sabres fan?! 😄

And the semi-official MLB team of Buffalo is the NY Yankees. The Buffalo News held a vote in the early 80's and asked readers which team they should cover since Buffalo didn't have a team. The Yankees were the overwhelming choice. The only MLB team that did not get a single vote was the Braves.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's the Black Yankees.    ***** National League.    

Played their last season in Rochester.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Black_Yankees

Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:. It looked at first glance like special edition Yankees gear, so seemed ironic under the circumstances—I stand corrected. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.