Bull Dog WGR Rant from Last Night

Gobills14094

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I was not even disagreeing with you - just pointing out that adults have more means and options than little kids to get this crap if they really want it

Yes, I agree. But why should I go online and pay hundreds of dollars for an autograph if I can get something signed for free? Adults can go to a signing event if they want. I don't need the autograph that badly. Would it be cool to get? Sure. If I can't get it, will I be ok? Absolutely. But all these people with this "you no good piece of trash" attitude about getting something signed is beyond ridiculous

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Your an adult go use the money from your adult job to buy one.  Let the kids meet the players.  So odd to me when adults, especially adults out of their 20's idolize athletes who are 20, 30 or 40 years younger than them.  Its borderline weird.

I idolize Josh Allen and I’m past 20 ! 😢

• Haha (+1) 1

Cut the guy some slack. Maybe he's a kid at heart.🤣

The mistake was calling a radio show to complain about it.

Personally, I don't give a 💩 if a grown man seeks an autograph. None of my business and none of yours.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

same with jersey wearing really. Why would I want to as a nearly 50 year old dude wear some other dude's name on my back?

No problem with wearing t-shirts, hoodies, hats, whatever. But jerseys have no appeal at this point

I still wear my Bruce Smith jersey and I'm 55. Not sure what the issue is. Why would someone pay almost $100 for a Nike shirt? Oh, right, pay Nike to advertise for them. Some of you all get up in arms over silly 💩

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

^^^ This is what the training camp autograph line is for. It’s about the kids.  I remember going to Kelly’s first training camp in 86 and getting his, Greg Bell’s and Bruce Smith’s autograph. I have no clue where any of the autographs are currently but I will always remember the interaction between 13 year old me and my “heros”. They were all super nice.

Knox is the man.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Interesting comments on adults and autographs. I will never ask for one from any celebrity. I think the whole thing is kind of stupid.

But….27 years ago I went to camp at Fredonia with my wife, sister, niece and nephew. 
Since I had a basement man cave with a bar and few sports items displayed, thought it would be cool to get one of those souvenir Bills-logo footballs for the room.  I bought the ball and asked a couple Bills to sign it thinking that would add to the look.  
the 2 Bills both reluctantly signed, but not before giving me this ‘eat sh!t’ stare that made me feel about this big. 
I felt like saying ‘you self centered douchbags’ 

Both were o-lineman. One is dead now. Screw him. 

Had to have been Kent Hull? I think he's the only o-lineman that has passed from the 1995 team. JMO but the guy did sign for you and you are saying "screw him" regarding him being dead...sounds like you have serious issues.

Edited by Beast

Idk.  I work in Gainesville Fl.  I run a dealership.  We get everything from coaches and players from colegant to Professional.   They are just people.  Im never one to get a photo or anything.  Just let em be.  Thank em for there business because they can take it anywhere and let em be.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Interesting comments on adults and autographs. I will never ask for one from any celebrity. I think the whole thing is kind of stupid.

But….27 years ago I went to camp at Fredonia with my wife, sister, niece and nephew. 
Since I had a basement man cave with a bar and few sports items displayed, thought it would be cool to get one of those souvenir Bills-logo footballs for the room.  I bought the ball and asked a couple Bills to sign it thinking that would add to the look.  
the 2 Bills both reluctantly signed, but not before giving me this ‘eat sh!t’ stare that made me feel about this big. 
I felt like saying ‘you self centered douchbags’ 

Both were o-lineman. One is dead now. Screw him. 

So they signed it for you, but you didn't like the 'tude they gave you while doing so. Ok.

I wonder why anyone would get the idea that these guys can't win no matter what they do.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

It’s not a quiz show. That wasn’t really the point. Just thought it was crappy to treat a fan- no matter what age- like dirt. We’re the ones who contribute to their comfortable lifestyle, so show a little humility. 

No, it's not a quiz show here. Not unless you start throwing out clues as to who someone may or may not be. Did you think people wouldn't speculate or try to figure out who it was?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Thanks for getting us the boost in the Neilson Audio ratings!  Here's $20.  Now go out to the lobby and call us today about parking at training camp."

I have thought about this many times. I wonder how often this kinda set calls happens.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It's just realistic that they can't sign for everyone, and if someone has to miss out it's better if it's the adults.

But 90% of the kids arent even fans, they are just there watching because their parents are fans.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you’re an adult and seek autographs or feel that you’re entitled to them, I hate you. Grow up

Ive seen grown adults fist fight over matchbox cars in the toy isle. We all have our own obsessions... lol

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm not gonna lie...I have never understood the desire for an autograph if you're an adult.

As a kid, sure, but as an adult? Even if it's your biggest hero in the world, what good is their writing their name on one of your items? "This pen ink once belonged to Josh Allen!" 😆

Now a handshake, a conversation, a shared moment, a picture with the person...these things I understand. But an autograph? Why?

I don’t have a problem with adults getting autographs though it’s not for me.  But I like Bills merchandise so it might be cool to have something like an autographed football or helmet.  With that being said, I wouldn’t be comfortable chasing down athletes and saying “could you sign this?” 

I don’t understand though the need for adults to get autographs at training camps.  The thing is there are hundreds of people asking for autographs after practice from superstars like Josh or Von Miller.  The players can only sign a handful of autographs.  Why waste one of those opportunities on an adult when there so many kids waiting?  It’s common courtesy.  Just like when an adult fights off a group of kids going after a foul ball.  Let one of the kids get that damn ball!

1 hour ago, billsherd said:

I have thought about this many times. I wonder how often this kinda set calls happens.

Same here but I don’t think the average caller who will work for $20 has the improv skills to be as funny (or stupid) as this caller was, without being completely obvious

What I can see happening is a call screener putting through a listener that has a ridiculous take just so Schopp can talk down to him.  

Edited by JohnNord
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.