Bull Dog WGR Rant from Last Night

Gobills14094

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

same with jersey wearing really. Why would I want to as a nearly 50 year old dude wear some other dude's name on my back?

No problem with wearing t-shirts, hoodies, hats, whatever. But jerseys have no appeal at this point

Before 2018 the only jersey I had was a bootleg Trent Edwards jersey that a friend gave me.  I wore it one game & he got cut, so I cut his name off the back since his name was sewed in on top of the rest of the jersey. 

Then came 2018 & I watched the Vikings game & I got so excited that we finally had a QB (because I'm a visual fan I was sold on Josh long before the stat boys) that I went out & bought a Josh Allen jersey that week.  

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Are you suggesting that people should actually know someone/their situation before judging them?  That is ***** crazy!

He had plenty of time to bring up the sick kid at home.  He didn't.  He's just a creepy fanboy.

I heard the call when it was live. It was awkward and stupid. However it did remind me of something. During camp in Allen's rookie year, a few friends of mine went and brought their kids. They stayed to get autographs and got a bunch of signatures from players. They were trying to get Allen's, but for whatever reason they couldn't (big crowd etc). Someone had told them that Allen could only sign for kids and it was part of his contract. It sounded like a bunch of bs to me, but maybe there's something to it? It still sounds like bs to me, but who knows. Maybe they don't want people trying to make a quick buck off a signed Allen jersey 🤷. Still makes no sense, but just passing along info I was told 

My coolest celebrity encounters when I was a kid happened because my mom worked at a radio station and was able to get me access at events and signings.

I met Rod Martin (former Raiders linebacker, three interceptions in Super Bowl XV). I didn't know who he was and, as a Bills fan, had little interest in finding out. I DID notice he had a Super Bowl ring though, and being a kid with no sense of boundaries, I asked if I could l try it on. He said yes! I have a picture of me wearing Rod Martin's Super Bowl ring. 😆

I also got to meet several wrestlers. Mick Foley and the Rock chief among them. They were both enormous! Mick Foley was WWF Tag Team Champion at the time, so -- again, being  a kid and having no sense of boundaries -- I asked if I could take a picture wearing the championship belt, which he kindly obliged.

Mind you, I would never attempt either of these things as an adult, but it sure made for some cool pictures as a kid!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

They publish all their episodes as podcasts.  You should be able to find it there. 

Also, they are 100% right. If you are a grown adult asking another adult for an autograph then you need to grow a little thicker skin when you get ignored for the kids. 

Kids should come first but there are some dudes that like stuff like that for their man caves. But you get pieces of crap that sell stuff like that for money which I think is a big reason that players don't do it. I don't have an issue with adults getting autographs but the kids should come first and if they don't get to the adults because of the kids then that's fine

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does anyone know what part of the show it was in?  I'd like to listen to it.

I believe end of hour 2, beginning of hour 3

19 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Kids should come first but there are some dudes that like stuff like that for their man caves. But you get pieces of crap that sell stuff like that for money which I think is a big reason that players don't do it. I don't have an issue with adults getting autographs but the kids should come first and if they don't get to the adults because of the kids then that's fine

well guess what? If you’re one of those adult dudes that wants some signed bauble you are a actual big boy presumably with a job and money and you can go online and buy any number of autographed things. Something that a 9 year old probably can’t do.

It appears some are still missing the central point - Allen and others have limited time after these practices and can’t sign for everyone. They aren’t going to disappoint some kid in favor of some idiot and his girlfriend. Simple as that. 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

well guess what? If you’re one of those adult dudes that wants some signed bauble you are a actual big boy presumably with a job and money and you can go online and buy any number of autographed things. Something that a 9 year old probably can’t do.

It appears some are still missing the central point - Allen and others have limited time after these practices and can’t sign for everyone. They aren’t going to disappoint some kid in favor of some idiot and his girlfriend. Simple as that. 

I get the point completely. You misunderstood what I said because you knew you were gonna come at me with backlash. Did you miss the part where I said kids should always come first? Or that if they don't get to adults because they sign for kids first, it's ok? All I said is some dudes like stuff like that for their man caves. I didn't say I would knock kids out of the way or even go for an autograph. People are so sensitive to this topic. You act like you wanna set my house on fire because I simply stated it's cool to have in man caves. Jesus Christ man

Edited by Buffalo03

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Did you miss the part where I said kids should always come first? Or that if they don't get to adults because they sign for kids first, it's ok? All I said is some dudes like stuff like that for their man caves. I didn't say I would knock kids out of the way or even go for an autograph. People are so sensitive to this topic. You literally wanna set my house on fire because I simply stated it's cool to have in man caves. Jesus Christ man

I was not even disagreeing with you - just pointing out that adults have more means and options than little kids to get this crap if they really want it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.