Bull Dog WGR Rant from Last Night

Gobills14094

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

As an adult I have no desire for autographs. That may be because when I was 8 years old doug flutie blew off me and my dad at St. John fisher and even said something rude to my dad. Can’t remember what though

Should not have been wearing that Rob Johnson jersey... 😝

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm not gonna lie...I have never understood the desire for an autograph if you're an adult.

As a kid, sure, but as an adult? Even if it's your biggest hero in the world, what good is their writing their name on one of your items? "This pen ink once belonged to Josh Allen!" 😆

Now a handshake, a conversation, a shared moment, a picture with the person...these things I understand. But an autograph? Why?

The conversation and shared moment I

definitely see as appealing, but I think asking for a picture is just as weird as the autograph request unless you’re blowing it up and hanging it in a man cave I guess.

I got a Sammy Morris autograph when I was in my 20s, I just happened to be in a mall in Hamilton Ontario and there was a table with 2 or 3 Bills there signing. I said to Sammy “ nice to meet ya, wow you really came outta nowhere this past season”

He actually got a little offended and told me he hadn’t as he awkwardly smirked. I realized I offended him and just smiled and thanked him.

That ended my autograph seeking career.

I still have a hat signed by Marv and Football by Kelly, Bruce and Thurman my older brother got me at a signing event... That being said only thing I ever got signed myself was a Congressional Card signed by Jack Kemp who gave me his number if I ever needed any help... gracious man... nice conversation but never used the number...

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I still have a hat signed by Marv and Football by Kelly, Bruce and Thurman my older brother got me at a signing event... That being said only thing I ever got signed myself was a Congressional Card signed by Jack Kemp who gave me his number if I ever needed any help... gracious man... nice conversation but never used the number...

And ps I didnt ask for it.  I have met a number of athletes and famous people over the years and never ask for autographs

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Your an adult go use the money from your adult job to buy one.  Let the kids meet the players.  So odd to me when adults, especially adults out of their 20's idolize athletes who are 20, 30 or 40 years younger than them.  Its borderline weird.

same with jersey wearing really. Why would I want to as a nearly 50 year old dude wear some other dude's name on my back?

No problem with wearing t-shirts, hoodies, hats, whatever. But jerseys have no appeal at this point

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

same with jersey wearing really. Why would I want to as a nearly 50 year old dude wear some other dude's name on my back?

No problem with wearing t-shirts, hoodies, hats, whatever. But jerseys have no appeal at this point

I agree i'd have no interest in getting an autgraph but I do like collecting jerseys and wearing them on game day.  More so about how they look than the name on the back for me though

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You'll change your tune when you see me wearing my new Joe in Winslow jersey!!

• Haha (+1) 6

The same clowns are always at Sabres “camp/practice/after games” with their binders of pics & cards, and backpacks full of assorted crap, looking to make a buck. If I was a player, I’d never sign a single thing for these people. 

Even worse when said people bring their kids along, in an attempt to fool the players. 

Edited by BTB

Fwiw, when I attended the joint Bills/Panthers practice in Spartanburg SC in 2019, JA walked the rope line by us and made it crystal clear he would only be signing for kids, and stuck to that. But while he passed over the adults, he made sure to speak with/interact with each and every youngster there—and I totally respect that. Meanwhile I was still able to get Brandon Beane to sign my Allen jersey, so all good 👍🏻 😅

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

To each their own with jerseys but I generally agree with you. I wear two Bills jerseys now being Jim Kelly (90s blue) and Stevie Johnson (white 2011) and both are older then me, I think it would be a little weird now to wear Josh as im a decade older but that is just my opinion. Now I have no desire to get another jersey don't see the need but def buy t shirts hats hoodies etc..

18 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm actually shocked that autographs are still a thing

Always thought of it as a way to remember/prove that you met someone famous. With cell phones being a camera and the popularity of selfies would imagine that would take the place of autographs in a lot of ways 

For me it has. I have pictures with Lorezno Alexander (with my wife and son), Jim Kelly with my wife and friends, and a got a selfie with Crowder this camp plus a close up of Von. Pictures serve more meaningful to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Same thing I've always told my wife when she asks why I dont wear jerseys.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

^^^ This is what the training camp autograph line is for. It’s about the kids.  I remember going to Kelly’s first training camp in 86 and getting his, Greg Bell’s and Bruce Smith’s autograph. I have no clue where any of the autographs are currently but I will always remember the interaction between 13 year old me and my “heros”. They were all super nice.

Edited by JDubya76
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.