Bull Dog WGR Rant from Last Night

Gobills14094

They publish all their episodes as podcasts.  You should be able to find it there. 

Also, they are 100% right. If you are a grown adult asking another adult for an autograph then you need to grow a little thicker skin when you get ignored for the kids. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was actually somewhat impressed that Schopp & Bulldog had the restraint to not completely eviscerate the caller during the actual conversation.  

Entitled d-bags like the caller deserve every bit of ridicule that they get if they decide to whine in a public forum about their perceived slights.

You're a fan of a sports team - you don't have "rights" with respect to any kind of attention you get from players or any other public figure

I don't live in WNY anymore, but I had the good fortune to be in the same bar as Jim Kelly in Harrisburg PA about 6 months ago.  I happened to be wearing Bills gear, so I went up to him, clinked his glass, and said "thank you for everything you've done over the years".  Then I walked away, being very conscious of not wanting to cross the line or overly invade his privacy.  Later, as he and his group was leaving, he bought our table a round of drinks.

• Like (+1) 26
  • Awesome! (+1) 13

26 minutes ago, Gobills14094 said:

I heard that Bull Dog went off on a fan that was complaining to him about not getting an autograph during training camp. Does anyone have a clip of this conversation that they can share perchance?

download the Audacy app and prior shows should be saved and available on demand. 👍

also entitled babies should always be shouted down.

• Like (+1) 2

As someone who's never asked another grown man for an autograph, and never will.. My only hesitation in killing a dude for trying to do this is if they have a kid at home who may be sick or unable to be at the event, and they are trying to get an autograph for them.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does anyone know what part of the show it was in?  I'd like to listen to it.

Another caller came in yesterday to defend the original caller/adult autograph seekers from the day before

I heard a part of it probably a little after 6pm. Think their show starts at 3 so I would look around the 3 hour mark

Not unlike these d-bags who grab a foul ball from a kid.  I'm in my 60s, been to hundreds of minor and major league games, and never caught a foul ball.  I'd love to catch one, and if I do, I'm giving it to the closest kid.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Do these guys not have any self awareness?  Remember what it's like being a kid waiting for the autograph?  So exciting and creating fans for life. This guy is already a fan and can drive his own ass to a signing or to his job where he can buy something signed.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not gonna lie...I have never understood the desire for an autograph if you're an adult.

As a kid, sure, but as an adult? Even if it's your biggest hero in the world, what good is their writing their name on one of your items? "This pen ink once belonged to Josh Allen!" 😆

Now a handshake, a conversation, a shared moment, a picture with the person...these things I understand. But an autograph? Why?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 10

Listening to the whole thing, it seems like a general lack of awareness in the situation. Like I guess I get being disappointed that it's already preordained that he's not signing for adults. But if you took the time to think about the situation there's absolutely more kids there than he's able to sign for, so a plan to only focus on them makes complete sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.