Bills are 1 pt Favorite Versus the Rams

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I understand, did you read what I wrote?  As I said, It might not be "fair" for the HC of the 2022-23 season but it is reality.  There is no "absolute tests" for the award, it is totally subjective.  Just as almost every year someone will vote Belichek HC of the year whether he does A BAD JOB OR NOT.  He will always get recognition and attention due to his reputation.

Yes, I read what you wrote, that's why I responded to this.

I find it unlikely to think that 13 seconds is going to loom over McDermott every time he is eligible for coach of the year.

2 hours ago, Rigby said:

Win every single game by 1 point this season, including the SB, will do me just fine😁

Can't get on board with that (other than the ending of course). I will be dead in that scenario long before the game is played

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Greg S said:

I can't see Daboll winning HC of the year. I think the Giants are in for a long year. Both Schoen and Daboll have a huge rebuild ahead of them. Gettleman really screwed up that organization. Jones is going into his 4th year and he still hasn't shown he has the "it" factor to be the franchise QB. Granted the Giants OL has been terrible but he just seem like a average QB to me. Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants draft a QB in next year's draft.

Yea, same. I think Daboll will improve the offense compared to Joe Judge and Jason Garrett, but they just don't have a lot of talent. Their defensive front is talented. The rest of their roster is not. 

7 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just a little worried don't know how we lost to the Steelers on opening day last year. Would much rather play the Jets in game one to tune up the machine.   

I am curious to see how Josh and the rest of the offense adjust to Dorsey's system. I am sure they will keep a lot of the same schemes they ran with Daboll. But their will be some adjustments. I expect the starters on offense to get more playing time in the preseason than usual. You want to get as many reps as you can in game action before the season starts. Practice is nice but getting those reps against an actual opponent is more important. IMHO

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I just hope the new OC doesn't try a bunch of Daboll-like gimmicks such as not running the ball for an entire half, or vice versa.  I hated his play calling. Always felt to me like he was just messing around up there. 

The offense obviously will be centered around Josh but I would like to see the Bills become more balanced. There are times when you need to run the ball and I don't want Josh to be the one running.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The offense obviously will be centered around Josh but I would like to see the Bills become more balanced. There are times when you need to run the ball and I don't want Josh to be the one running.

Agreed....and the key to that balance rests squarely on the shoulders of the O Line coach and his blocking schemes. You cannot be balanced when the running back heads straight into a wall of humanity every time he takes the handoff. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Looking at stuff like this now makes me chuckle a bit. 

For year, even during the drought, fans would get pissed the media wasn't "giving us respect," even though the Bills hadn't done anything to earn it. 

The past couple seasons changed that, and now the Bills get a TON of love, even without making a SB. Funny how winning & having a great QB changes the narrative on the national stage huh? 😉

5 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just a little worried don't know how we lost to the Steelers on opening day last year. Would much rather play the Jets in game one to tune up the machine.   

Be careful for what you wish for.  The Jests should be much improved over last years version.

27 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Be careful for what you wish for.  The Jests should be much improved over last years version.

Only if Wilson shows the same kind of improvement that Josh did from year 1 to 2. They should play the Bills tougher as their roster is better but I do think the Bills will sweep them again.

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Only if Wilson shows the same kind of improvement that Josh did from year 1 to 2. They should play the Bills tougher as their roster is better but I do think the Bills will sweep them again.

I too think the Bills will be better.....but all we have to do is remember the JAX game last year........

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think that is very much in play though. The question for me with Wilson will be more can he then make the year 2 to year 3 leap that Josh did. I think that season 2 jump that Mitch Trubisky had and then Josh had very similar is the right barometer for Zach year 2 and I think he can do that. It is the next step then.... does he go the Trubisky way or the Allen way?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I too think the Bills will be better.....but all we have to do is remember the JAX game last year........

True and upsets do happen. When playing their rivals I don't expect the Bills to have a letdown. I don't know if they will go 6-0 but since divisional games are the most important I would think the Bills will be fired up for these types of games. Jax is a "meh" game which is exactly the type of game for a letdown.

Just now, Greg S said:

True and upsets do happen. When playing their rivals I don't expect the Bills to have a letdown. I don't know if they will go 6-0 but since divisional games are the most important I would think the Bills will be fired up for these types of games. Jax is a "meh" game which is exactly the type of game for a letdown.

They are 11-1 the last two seasons. On paper they should be 6-0 again, but in all their years of dominance I think the Pats only swept the division twice. It is easier said than done. My gut says 5-1 again although I am not confident calling the one they lose haha. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think that is very much in play though. The question for me with Wilson will be more can he then make the year 2 to year 3 leap that Josh did. I think that season 2 jump that Mitch Trubisky had and then Josh had very similar is the right barometer for Zach year 2 and I think he can do that. It is the next step then.... does he go the Trubisky way or the Allen way?

Good point. Allen really took off in year 3. I don't think Wilson will be as a good as Josh but he can be the 2nd best QB in the division and a good QB overall.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They are 11-1 the last two seasons. On paper they should be 6-0 again, but in all their years of dominance I think the Pats only swept the division twice. It is easier said than done. My gut says 5-1 again although I am not confident calling the one they lose haha. 

If they do lose a divisional game I think it will be Miami despite Tua holding them back. Possibly the Jets but I doubt it. I do think the Bills will sweep the Pats. NE had a bad offseason and Jones doesn't look like anything special. Both the Fins and Pats have QB problems IMHO.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spot on.

The yr 2 Allen bounce was nice and not a real shocker.  It was the monstrous leap year 3 which was off the bell curve exceptional.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.