Bills are 1 pt Favorite Versus the Rams

I can't see Daboll winning HC of the year. I think the Giants are in for a long year. Both Schoen and Daboll have a huge rebuild ahead of them. Gettleman really screwed up that organization. Jones is going into his 4th year and he still hasn't shown he has the "it" factor to be the franchise QB. Granted the Giants OL has been terrible but he just seem like a average QB to me. Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants draft a QB in next year's draft.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

41 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A bunch of sports books are out for the first few games, of 6 books one has the Rams as 0.5 favorite, the rest have the Bills favored by 1 to 1.5, overall consensus is Bills -1.  Over/under 52.

Brian Daboll and Stalley are favored to win HC of the year, McDermott lower/middle tier odds.

The last time a Super Bowl winning coach won Coach of the Year was in 2003 (Bill B.).  So I think McDermott's odds to win should be 1,000,000,000:1. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The last time a Super Bowl winning coach won Coach of the Year was in 2003 (Bill B.).  So I think McDermott's odds to win should be 1,000,000,000:1. 

I dont disagree, the Bills are the favorite to win it all this year so McDermott wont get much credit if the do.   And there might be a few (especially Bills fans) that recall the 13 second debacle in KC and I put most of the blame on him, he is the HC.

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont disagree, the Bills are the favorite to win it all this year so McDermott wont get much credit if the do.   And there might be a few (especially Bills fans) that recall the 13 second debacle in KC and I put most of the blame on him, he is the HC.

I am with you 100% re: 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

if the Bills were to win it all this year, then what would "13 seconds" have anything to do with McDermott winning coach of the year?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

if the Bills were to win it all this year, then what would "13 seconds" have anything to do with McDermott winning coach of the year?

A lot, it is sentiment driven award and people are not machines, a few might hold it "against him".  Is it "fair" for coach of the year in 2022-3 season, no but that is reality.  If I were voting it would influence me.

• Vomit 1

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A lot, it is sentiment driven award and people are not machines, a few might hold it "against him".  Is it "fair" for coach of the year in 2022-3 season, no but that is reality.  If I were voting it would influence me.

What happened in the previous season should not be used in determining how awards should be handed out in a different season.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A bunch of sports books are out for the first few games, of 6 books one has the Rams as 0.5 favorite, the rest have the Bills favored by 1 to 1.5, overall consensus is Bills -1.  Over/under 52.

Brian Daboll and Stalley are favored to win HC of the year, McDermott lower/middle tier odds.

Daboll has the worst roster in football if he wins 5 games Id be shocked 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I’d take the under and Bills.  I think our secondary confuses Stanford and Von Miller and the D hold Rams to under 20.   

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

What happened in the previous season should not be used in determining how awards should be handed out in a different season.

I understand, did you read what I wrote?  As I said, It might not be "fair" for the HC of the 2022-23 season but it is reality.  There is no "absolute tests" for the award, it is totally subjective.  Just as almost every year someone will vote Belichek HC of the year whether he does A BAD JOB OR NOT.  He will always get recognition and attention due to his reputation.

9 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was at the gym last night and saw that on ESPN.  I have no idea what they were saying.

But here is the surprising think.  With Bills at -1, 95% of bets and 99% of money were on Bills.

this is either going to be a great season, or a huge letdown.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Daboll has the worst roster in football if he wins 5 games Id be shocked 

The Bears are going to challenge the Giants for that honor

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.