Training Camp Practice 7/27

YoloinOhio

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, muppy said:

whenever I hear that song I remember the 90's super bowl era tams jamming to the same kind of tunes. Except in Jim Kellys basement not the field haha. Hammertime 🙂

I remember finding out what whoomp there it is is really about.....

Edited by EffKCChiefs
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you do a special program or something to get ready for training camp? Like, two-a-days working your twitter and internet digits? Stretching exercises to prevent carpal tunnel? Maybe even carb loading!

Seriously, thanks for making this a spot I can came and get pretty much all I need. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Crowder is gonna find himself on the outside looking in if he doesn't get on the field.

Maybe self preservation.  He started with the third team day 1.  Mckenzie is quickly becoming the slot.  Not playing with Allen doesnt help beating out one of Allens guys.  I think its very quickly becoming Diggs, Davis, Mckenzie, Shakir, Kumerow and Austin.  I think Austin takes over the return and Mckenzie role if Mckenzie wins slot.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d cut Kumerow over Crowder all day everyday.

On WGR this morning Sal was asked about the possibility of Crowder being cut. He said that Bean commented that the top 53 would put them over the cap. So, he was speculating that based on where they are now Crowder could be a casualty if he doesn't turn it around soon. Not sure that I buy it as they can do other things to free up cap space. That being said, I see many say cut Kumerow instead of Crowder. If Crowder is behind McKenzie, Austin, Shakir as the number four slot receiver whereas Kumerow is one of the key special teams players and the number 3 (?) outside receiver, I don't see them keeping Crowder over Kumerow. Especially if Cook gets may of the touches that the slot receiver has gotten the last couple of years.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

On WGR this morning Sal was asked about the possibility of Crowder being cut. He said that Bean commented that the top 53 would put them over the cap. So, he was speculating that based on where they are now Crowder could be a casualty if he doesn't turn it around soon. Not sure that I buy it as they can do other things to free up cap space. That being said, I see many say cut Kumerow instead of Crowder. If Crowder is behind McKenzie, Austin, Shakir as the number four slot receiver whereas Kumerow is one of the key special teams players and the number 3 (?) outside receiver, I don't see them keeping Crowder over Kumerow. Especially if Cook gets may of the touches that the slot receiver has gotten the last couple of years.

This is what it looks like to me as well. 

Austin sounds like he’s shown a few things so far.  Same with Shakir.  And McKenzie seems to be taking his opportunity and running with it.  

If all that continues, big if, I could see Crowder as a cut and the Bills going with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir, Austin and Kumerow.   Potentially Stevenson if he can show anything as an outside WR. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Rolling with that seems like a mistake…..I’d take my chances with plugging Crowder outside and keeping the more dynamic WR over keeping Jake Kumerow because he’s the only other listed outside WR(a journeyman scrub at that) and special teams reasons…. Anyway, that receiver depth chart looks pretty meh if even one injury hits.

You don't say?!?!

• Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If all that continues, big if, I could see Crowder as a cut and the Bills going with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir, Austin and Kumerow.   

Yikes.

A #1.......an unproven #2...........two #5's...........and two veteran practice squad level receivers.

I'll believe McKenzie has elevated his game when I see it in games..............and they REALLY need Shakir to play like a 2nd rounder if that's the top 6.

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Rolling with that seems like a mistake…..I’d take my chances with plugging Crowder outside and keeping the more dynamic WR over keeping Jake Kumerow because he’s the only other listed outside WR(a journeyman scrub at that) and special teams reasons…. Anyway, that receiver depth chart looks pretty meh if even one injury hits.

I get what you’re saying but keeping and plugging Crowder in as a backup X/Z to Diggs and Davis seems a bit risky as well as he seems like almost exclusively a slot.

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes. Scrub depth.

Really?  Ya think?

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. They would be nuts rolling the dice on Austin to cut Crowder. 

They’re going to base their decision on training camp.  If crowder beats Austin out, he’ll have the job.  If he doesn’t earn it, he’ll be cut.  As he should.  He’s often injured and already injured.  Earn it.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the wide receiver group is what im least worried about. its the position group the bills have an abundance of talent in. im not worried if crowder gets cut. i just hope we keep the trio of lil dirty, gabe, and diggs.

I think we may have an abundance of talent… For the life of me, I don’t get why people gush over our WR room (at the moment). 

Diggs - elite

Davis - could be a 1A, but we’ll see

That’s it in terms of guys I’m completely sold on. 

…………

McKenzie - Decent role player

Shakir - Intriguing Rookie

Crowder - Good slot WR, hurt a lot 

Austin - ???

Stevenson - ???

Kumerow - No

Could they be great?  Yea, absolutely.  There’s certainly potential, but the reason people fear this passing game is 80% Allen, 20% WR’s, currently.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.