Training Camp Practice 7/27

YoloinOhio

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Vernon Butler was so invisible on the field that nobody even mentions him being gone 🤣

I almost included him but wanted to focus on the guys who will most likely play DT1.  But you're absolutely right!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Vernon Butler was so invisible on the field that nobody even mentions him being gone 🤣

Funny - I was watching GMFB this AM and they were talking Kyler Murray and showed a highlight of Addison unsuccessfully trying to run him down (NOT the Hail Murray) and I'm thinking there's Addison's signature move - running after but never getting

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just an observation, but I have yet to see Khalil Shakir run through and out of a pass reception. Just catches the ball and stops quickly. Is every other WR wrong or does the kid need to learn ‘how you practice is how you play’ in the League?

I was struck by how short his legs seemed in that clip - didn't they used to call Thurman "Squatty"?

21 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Funny - I was watching GMFB this AM and they were talking Kyler Murray and showed a highlight of Addison unsuccessfully trying to run him down (NOT the Hail Murray) and I'm thinking there's Addison's signature move - running after but never getting

Led the team in sacks the two years he was here. Sad numbers but at least some production.

On that note I wish that had kept Hughes for another year. I think he would have produced more than the other backup DEs and would have let Miller stay fresh for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Wait…what?  A rookie mid-round pick, a few days into camp, doesn’t compare to one of the best in the game?   He sucks.  Cut him now.  What a waste of a pick. 

Don't need to be a vet to have fast feet.   Footwork is actually something they do in little league through college.  Everyone remember ladder work.

3 hours ago, TPS said:

Chris Brown was talking with Frazier yesterday on OBL about Bernard playing MLB and whether or not they try to change things up because of how physically different they are.  Sounds like Bernard is learning both positions.

I will be very interested in watching this play out.  

In year 1 of Edmunds and Milano as the LB pair - the Bills did a ton of double “A” gap looks and blitzes that were very effective.

The issue seemed to become that it was mostly Milano that was effective and soon he would get blocked and the effectiveness decreased.

If Bernard can show the ability to blitz like he did in college - He and Milano as double “A” gap blitzers might give another aggressive wrinkle when needed.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Thad has been weirdly negative this training camp. It’s starting to contradict what other reporters are saying. 

The sad part is there is nothing weird about this. Thad being distinctly critical remains steady regardless of what happens on the field, and thus is often at odds with other reporters. I can't remember a camp that he was at where he didn't do this. 

13 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

The sad part is there is nothing weird about this. Thad being distinctly critical remains steady regardless of what happens on the field, and thus is often at odds with other reporters. I can't remember a camp that he was at where he didn't do this. 

I've talked to him about the Bills before.   He believes the Bills really helped Allen and that's why he is good.  He is also a Jets and sees how the Jetsb ruin quarterbacks. So he may be a little jealous

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

3 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

I've talked to him about the Bills before.   He believes the Bills really helped Allen and that's why he is good.  He is also a Jets and sees how the Jetsb ruin quarterbacks. So he may be a little jealous

His name is THAD.

Never trust a Thad.

**Edit** Okay, there is ONE trustworthy Thad. Only one:

184410374.0.jpg

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.