Training Camp Practice 7/27

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was rewatching a game from 2020 a couple weeks ago, and cracked up when the color commentator referred to Milano as "the undersized Matt Milano..." 

But also, given their similarities, it would be hard to imagine Milano, and Bernard as the two LBs on the field. I would think they are satisfied with Edmunds' size complimenting Milano's speed. 

The league is becoming more and more dependent on speed, not ground and pound. Outside of the DL, having players that can deal with speed will be very important. The investment of having a big, potentially controlling group of interior defensive linemen would enable the Bills to have more athletic, speed guys as their two LBs plus the nickel CB. 

With Settle, D. Jones and Phillips they have the size inside then add the more unique skill set of Oliver and that may be the formula. But let's see if the rookie can play first. If he can, then it becomes an interesting discussion.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Process said:

I have a good feeling about Diggs/Davis/Shakir. If we resign Davis that could be a lethal trio going forward. 

Shakir seems like he could be a repeat of Gabriel Davis.  

Really good WR, mocked by many as a Day 2 pick, who drops in an elite WR draft.  Bills take them early on Day 3 and put them in a perfect situation where they learn from a Top 5 WR in Diggs, with arguably the best QB in the league throwing them the ball.   

If Crowder keeps missing practice, I'll be getting closer to irrationally declaring him a surprise cut because Shakir needs to be on the field more.

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Really good WR, mocked by many as a Day 2 pick, who drops in an elite WR draft.  Bills take them early on Day 3 and put them in a perfect situation where they learn from a Top 5 WR in Diggs, with arguably the best QB in the league throwing them the ball.   

If Crowder keeps missing practice, I'll be getting closer to irrationally declaring him a surprise cut because Shakir needs to be on the field more.

Wouldn’t be a surprise at all.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Process said:

If it's true that Moss is going to stay involved, plus more use of two tight ends, and 5 WRs with legit chance at targets, Bills could be a fantasy nightmare this year (other than Josh of course). Could be the best offense in the NFL but have no elite fantasy skill players. 

Nothing could be more ideal for the real game. Would give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares!

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shakir just looks like a vet already.  Looks as if he could seamlessly slot into Beasley's role this season.  I too think one of Crowder or McKenzie could be a surprise cut, especially with Cook already looking like the receiving threat we hoped he would.  If Shakir is ready for a big role, I have no problem with us cutting bait from Crowder to keep a special teams ace like Kumerow, or alternatively, signing a bigger veteran outside receiver (are any of these left at this point?).

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Process said:

I have a good feeling about Diggs/Davis/Shakir. If we resign Davis that could be a lethal trio going forward. 

I bet Shakir is gonna be the guy everyone's clamoring for more field time this season. I just don't know see where the slot reps are coming from with Crowder and likely McKenzie ahead of him. 

13 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

The league is becoming more and more dependent on speed, not ground and pound. Outside of the DL, having players that can deal with speed will be very important. The investment of having a big, potentially controlling group of interior defensive linemen would enable the Bills to have more athletic, speed guys as their two LBs plus the nickel CB. 

With Settle, D. Jones and Phillips they have the size inside then add the more unique skill set of Oliver and that may be the formula. But let's see if the rookie can play first. If he can, then it becomes an interesting discussion.

Agree - increasingly LBs need to be able to cover - and if Bernard as instinctual as they are saying in reading plays and being in the right place, you don't need to be 250 to bring down a RB or get off a block, just need to get to the right place fast and be a willing tackler.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Tim Settle is going to be fantastic in this defense 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Anyone else find Thad Brown kinda annoying?

"Nothing special" is he forgetting the years when we couldnt complete passes AGAINST AIR

Balls inaccurate

Balls hitting the ground all over the place

Now a productive day is just a "meh" day Thad?

It’s funny because I watched him a couple of times throughout practice and he was like a kid in a candy store…couldn’t get the smile off of his face, definitely had a giddy up in his step…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.