Nancy Pelosi's Planned Trip To Taiwan Has China Up In Arms. (Should she stay or should she go?)

Pelosi has landed.

Her statement upon arrival

And honestly, we couldn’t be more pleased. Despite all of our many, many, many political disagreements with her — did we mention there are many? — we applaud her willingness to defy the CCP and take a stand for freedom.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/02/nancy-pelosis-statement-upon-landing-in-taiwan-flies-in-the-face-of-biden-admins-cowardice-and-we-and-senate-gopers-couldnt-be-prouder/

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Pelosi has landed.

Her statement upon arrival

And honestly, we couldn’t be more pleased. Despite all of our many, many, many political disagreements with her — did we mention there are many? — we applaud her willingness to defy the CCP and take a stand for freedom.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/02/nancy-pelosis-statement-upon-landing-in-taiwan-flies-in-the-face-of-biden-admins-cowardice-and-we-and-senate-gopers-couldnt-be-prouder/

Unless of course we want WWIII and this is part of the plan..........need to at least be able to blame China for starting it

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unless of course we want WWIII and this is part of the plan..........need to at least be able to blame China for starting it

Or if what I'd expect because Nancy just beetch slapped President Xi and his commie stooges, China retaliates with specific economic actions which impact and harm the US economy which then allows the administration to use the "R" word (Recession) and blame it all on China going into the mid-terms? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did Pelosi bring nuclear weapons with her or something?

jfc these idiots 

Omg - it's exactly what I said - they want China to "start it."  

Then blame them for all the inevitable economic catastrophe that's coming - that or WWIII.  

Why is she there?  I don't oppose anyone from our government going.  But why is SHE there.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Why her?

And why not the SOS?

This seems like a Pelosi thing, not a White House thing.  It makes no sense at all, which suggests to me it's a pet project of hers, consequences be damned.  With her husband up to his eyeballs in trades around semiconductors and the CHIPS bill, I can see this being a personal trip disguised as official diplomacy.  

I give President Biden some credit.  If he ended up saying no to Pelosi's trip after saying yes, he shows that China can control access to Taiwan with a few stern words, and that's not something the US should start doing.  This administration often steps in messes of his own making, but has so far, avoided that misstep.  

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg - it's exactly what I said - they want China to "start it."  

Then blame them for all the inevitable economic catastrophe that's coming - that or WWIII.  

Why is she there?  I don't oppose anyone from our government going.  But why is SHE there.  

She is third in line to the POTUS and the leader of the United States HoR - I have no issues with her going.

Besides - you had no issue with Kushner - an unelected son in law of the POTUS representing the US in the oh so successful Middle East Peace Plan… and met with MBS who then scored a $2  billion investment?

Jared Kushner Had a Very Intimate Reunion with His Favorite Saudi Prince ;The First Son-in-Law reportedly did not allow U.S. embassy staffers into his meeting with M.B.S

Yawn

14 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I don't like this.  Russia is putting more blame on us for helping Ukraine,  who knows if it's true, and now we're stirring the pot with China.  The last thing we need is conflict with both of them at once. 

We didn't build the biggest and baddest military in the world to be bullied by two autocratic countries.  Show strength and they'll crawl back into their usual fetal positions.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

We didn't build the biggest and baddest military in the world to be bullied by two autocratic countries.  Show strength and they'll crawl back into their usual fetal positions.

China has threatened swift and severe responses but so far all they've done is hold some live fire offshore drills and jumped up and down on the furniture.  We're all waiting to see if they do anything of substance or if its all bluster. 

The US and China have many economic dependencies and arrangements and my expectation is we'll soon find out who most values and needs to maintain those arrangements.     

15 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I don't like this.  Russia is putting more blame on us for helping Ukraine,  who knows if it's true, and now we're stirring the pot with China.  The last thing we need is conflict with both of them at once. 

Or, China was or is about to take advantage of Russian aggressiveness and take what they want. 

US policy for 8 years of Obama was soft. No one has any idea what trump said behind closed doors with Xi, Putin or North Korea. His shooting from the lip, poor relations internally with State and Forces did damage for sure. Trump hurt alliances around the world. Trust was damaged.

25 years ago US dominated with strength, compassion and money. Following Russias 20 years fighting in a dustbowl was followed by 20 years of US dragged into the dustbowl in the mideast.

The political divide has stopped presidents from appointing the best person into key positions due to confirmation or has stopped many from wanting to be involved. 

China does not want to be seen as weaker than Putin. XI and Putin sat side by side at the Olympics while we all pouted at home thinking we proved something. That was funny. Insult Xi and let Putin glad hand him. 1 communist to another. 

Meanwhile we watch MT Greene, AOC, Trudeau set agendas that divide us. 

By not stopping Putin, China is assured of successful Taiwan takeover. They took Hong Kong, NEXT UP. 

IMHO