Nancy Pelosi's Planned Trip To Taiwan Has China Up In Arms. (Should she stay or should she go?)

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Has it been put out there Why she decided to go? What is the reason for leaving her comfort zone here? No other country, including ours, takes her or joey seriously anyways.

So China would threaten to kill someone they think is harmless to them? That's your argument?

As Irv would say, what a mess. 

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

So China would threaten to kill someone they think is harmless to them? That's your argument?

As Irv would say, what a mess. 

Why is she going overseas? Give me a reason and I'll be right back.

2 hours ago, LDD said:

It apparently means a lot to China...

Absolutely. I’m sure they had plans for the invasion all drawn up, saw the Pelosi Jet Blue itinerary and tore up the plans, tossed them in the trash and set them ablaze. 

I admit to being a bit cynical on all the pomp and circumstance, and sincerely hope for the good people of Taiwan, that a Pelosi trip would have just that effect.  Still, for the supposed foreign policy chops and expertise Biden and his insiders brought to the table, it did nothing to deter Russia from invading Ukraine. Biden was a visitor there, too. 

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Absolutely. I’m sure they had plans for the invasion all drawn up, saw the Pelosi Jet Blue itinerary and tore up the plans, tossed them in the trash and set them ablaze. 

I admit to being a bit cynical on all the pomp and circumstance, and sincerely hope for the good people of Taiwan, that a Pelosi trip would have just that effect.  Still, for the supposed foreign policy chops and expertise Biden and his insiders brought to the table, it did nothing to deter Russia from invading Ukraine. Biden was a visitor there, too. 

Deter?  I'd argue the opposite.  I'd say they facilitated the Russian invasion by arming Ukraine to the teeth and the current situation is exactly the objective Washington policy makers had in mind.  And yes, the Russians threw the first punch but all the fights I've witnessed or have been involved in started long before the confrontation turned physical.      

My theory is easy to test.  Just announce the start of delivery and deployment of $50B of advanced offensive and defensive weapons systems to Taiwan for the purpose of stopping Chinese aggression then wait to see how long it takes until China acts.  Then blame China for starting it!  😀  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

34 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Deter?  I'd argue the opposite.  I'd say they facilitated the Russian invasion by arming Ukraine to the teeth and the current situation is exactly the objective Washington policy makers had in mind.  And yes, the Russians threw the first punch but all the fights I've witnessed or have been involved in started long before the confrontation turned physical.      

My theory is easy to test.  Just announce the start of delivery and deployment of $50B of advanced offensive and defensive weapons systems to Taiwan for the purpose of stopping Chinese aggression then wait to see how long it takes until China acts.  Then blame China for starting it!  😀  

Your perspective is worth considering.  Ty. 

39 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

idiots 

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

idiots 

Why you're absolutely......... brilliant!  Highly articulate and insightful comments.  Bravo!  I await the next words of genius.  The de Vinci of our times. The brightness of your mind is only exceeded by the Sun!

Or you just couldn't find some snappy response from somebody else on Twitter to cut and paste?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Why you're absolutely......... brilliant!  Highly articulate and insightful comments.  Bravo!  I await the next words of genius.  The de Vinci of our times. The brightness of your mind is only exceeded by the Sun!

Or you just couldn't find some snappy response from somebody else on Twitter to cut and paste?

Have you thought about moving to Russia?

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Give 'em a break, he's still learning to speak English 

Rising tensions between China and the U.S. over Taiwan throw a spotlight on the precarious dependence the world has on the island’s cutting-edge semiconductor industry.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. makes the majority of the world’s most sophisticated chips, used in billions of electronics products, including smartphones, personal computers and cars.

In an undated interview broadcast by CNN this week, TSMC Chairman Mark Liu warned that conflict over Taiwan would hurt the chip champion. Military force or invasion would render TSMC factories nonoperable, he said. Such sophisticated manufacturing facilities “depend on real-time connection with the outside world, with Europe, with Japan, with the U.S.," Mr. Liu added.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/nancy-pelosi-taiwan-visit-china-us-tensions

Send China a message to keep hands off . The US chips project will take years to complete.

• Like (+1) 1

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov accused the U.S. on Tuesday of "provoking" China amid speculation that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will visit Taiwan during her trip to the region this week.

"We can now state unequivocally, whether she makes it there or not, everything about this tour and the possible visit to Taiwan has provocative character," Peskov told Russian reporters. "Russia has absolute solidarity with China."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-spokesman-accuses-us-provoking-china-expected-pelosi-trip-taiwan

I'm ok with more defense spending

• Like (+1) 1

The eagle has landed, according to CNBC 

On a side note, standing up to dictatorships is a feminist issue. No dictatorship EVER allows women to have anything like equal rights. 

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Rising tensions between China and the U.S. over Taiwan throw a spotlight on the precarious dependence the world has on the island’s cutting-edge semiconductor industry.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. makes the majority of the world’s most sophisticated chips, used in billions of electronics products, including smartphones, personal computers and cars.

In an undated interview broadcast by CNN this week, TSMC Chairman Mark Liu warned that conflict over Taiwan would hurt the chip champion. Military force or invasion would render TSMC factories nonoperable, he said. Such sophisticated manufacturing facilities “depend on real-time connection with the outside world, with Europe, with Japan, with the U.S.," Mr. Liu added.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/nancy-pelosi-taiwan-visit-china-us-tensions

Send China a message to keep hands off . The US chips project will take years to complete.

Any major tension with China would cause major economic disruptions 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tell me again how China had nothing to do with Covid and its response - that the world followed.  

82 year old Speaker of the House visits Taiwan against the President's (Biden) wishes and all hell breaks loose.  

Yep.  Sure.  

Edited by Big Blitz

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The eagle has landed, according to CNBC 

On a side note, standing up to dictatorships is a feminist issue. No dictatorship EVER allows women to have anything like equal rights. 

Any major tension with China would cause major economic disruptions 

No dictatorship allows anyone to have equal rights.

She should have brought that lady who flipped off the GOP baseball team with her to send some birds to Pooh.