Donald Trump is under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice

On 8/29/2022 at 3:07 AM, L Ron Burgundy said:

I've lived a few years in Europe.  By and large Most people despise Trump and think he's a joke.  Your anecdotal evidence is not convincing.  They do not think much higher of Biden.  I'll take too old over corrupt moron though.   I'm not defending Biden I think he's weak.

I’ve never understood the fascination with what “people in Europe” think about our political issues.  I’d think if you ask a question beyond the surface of Trump v Biden v Obama v Bush, most Europeans would be hard-pressed to describe the workings of the senate, executive branch, the Constitution, states rights v federal government, and a fair number wouldn’t be able to tell you the name of the VP.  

That’s for starters.  Beyond that, it gets very complicated as one considers societal/cultural norms when traveling north to south, east to west, and why something might be important to one area might be insignificant to another. 

I caught some of the coverage of the celebration of the Queens life, and reaction to her death this week.  I’d be hard-pressed to find much about any of that that makes sense to me.  From the idea of a monarchy in 2022, the sordid history of the royals, and the massive wealth they control with very favorable tax treatment on the backs of common folk, it’s hard to understand why it exists at all. 

I don’t generally go looking for opinions from my neighbors across town on how my life should be lived, or what I should think or do politically.  I’m not sure why Francois from Paris should be treated any differently.  I was in Australia a few years back and one guy wanted to engage on the US v New Zealand in the Americas Cup.  I have no idea how that all works, it’s unimportant to me, but he was pretty jazzed about it.  As his tone changed to include some anti-American rhetoric, I walked away.  My younger self might have suggested he looked like he was on a path to major heart trouble or diabetes, probably should drop a hundred or so, and maybe he should clean up his own backyard before worrying about mine.   He was the exception there, thankfully.  

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’ve never understood the fascination with what “people in Europe” think about our political issues.  I’d think if you ask a question beyond the surface of Trump v Biden v Obama v Bush, most Europeans would be hard-pressed to describe the workings of the senate, executive branch, the Constitution, states rights v federal government, and a fair number wouldn’t be able to tell you the name of the VP.  

That’s for starters.  Beyond that, it gets very complicated as one considers societal/cultural norms when traveling north to south, east to west, and why something might be important to one area might be insignificant to another. 

I caught some of the coverage of the celebration of the Queens life, and reaction to her death this week.  I’d be hard-pressed to find much about any of that that makes sense to me.  From the idea of a monarchy in 2022, the sordid history of the royals, and the massive wealth they control with very favorable tax treatment on the backs of common folk, it’s hard to understand why it exists at all. 

I don’t generally go looking for opinions from my neighbors across town on how my life should be lived, or what I should think or do politically.  I’m not sure why Francois from Paris should be treated any differently.  I was in Australia a few years back and one guy wanted to engage on the US v New Zealand in the Americas Cup.  I have no idea how that all works, it’s unimportant to me, but he was pretty jazzed about it.  As his tone changed to include some anti-American rhetoric, I walked away.  My younger self might have suggested he looked like he was on a path to major heart trouble or diabetes, probably should drop a hundred or so, and maybe he should clean up his own backyard before worrying about mine.   He was the exception there, thankfully.  

It's not Europe so much as the rest of the world.   Losing respect matters.   Perception is reality.

I agree with most of what you said.  You go a bit deeper into things they don't know much (aside from intellectuals).

Sounds like there is an indictment coming down the road here 

Attorney General Merrick Garland, at a naturalization ceremony at Ellis Island on Saturday, recalled the flight of his grandmother and mother-in-law from Nazi Germany to ensure they could “live without fear of persecution.” That is the essence of the rule of law, he said. “The rule of law means that the same laws apply to all of us, regardless of whether we are this country’s newest citizens or whether our [families] have been here for generations.”

Garland’s speech on Saturday echoed the government’s appeal to the 11th Circuit. He declared, “The rule of law means that the law treats each of us alike: there is not one rule for friends, another for foes; one rule for the powerful, another for the powerless; a rule for the rich, another for the poor; or different rules, depending upon one’s race or ethnicity or country of origin.” He added, “The rule of law means that we are all protected in the exercise of our civil rights; in our freedom to worship and think as we please; and in the peaceful expression of our opinions, our beliefs, and our ideas.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/19/garland-trump-cannon-ruling-appeal/

13 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Sounds like there is an indictment coming down the road here 

Attorney General Merrick Garland, at a naturalization ceremony at Ellis Island on Saturday, recalled the flight of his grandmother and mother-in-law from Nazi Germany to ensure they could “live without fear of persecution.” That is the essence of the rule of law, he said. “The rule of law means that the same laws apply to all of us, regardless of whether we are this country’s newest citizens or whether our [families] have been here for generations.”

Garland’s speech on Saturday echoed the government’s appeal to the 11th Circuit. He declared, “The rule of law means that the law treats each of us alike: there is not one rule for friends, another for foes; one rule for the powerful, another for the powerless; a rule for the rich, another for the poor; or different rules, depending upon one’s race or ethnicity or country of origin.” He added, “The rule of law means that we are all protected in the exercise of our civil rights; in our freedom to worship and think as we please; and in the peaceful expression of our opinions, our beliefs, and our ideas.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/19/garland-trump-cannon-ruling-appeal/

so we’ve been hearing…. For seven years

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fair enough 

But he has been caught red handed having important docs he shouldn't have. 

He is guilty 

sure - if they don’t get a conviction they need to clean house at the DOJ. If the guy is so clearly guilty, it is unconscionable they spent this much taxpayer money to come up empty so many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

sure - if they don’t get a conviction they need to clean house at the DOJ. If the guy is so clearly guilty, it is unconscionable they spent this much taxpayer money to come up empty so many times. 

Trump might get a favorable jury 

31 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

just imagine if the houses spent their time doing work vs non stop theatrics that are nothing more than PR for the parties

Will you be saying that when the crazy GOP takes the House? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Trump might get a favorable jury 

Will you be saying that when the crazy GOP takes the House? 

Comprehension is key. I never stated its only one party that does that BS.

OK Tibs. I believe you, the blue checks and the for profit commentary sites your parroting. This time. it has to be different than all the others.

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Comprehension is key. I never stated its only one party that does that BS.

OK Tibs. I believe you, the blue checks and the for profit commentary sites your parroting. This time. it has to be different than all the others.

He's been caught red handed with the goods. How can he not be guilty? 

You just want him to get off Scott free? 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He's been caught red handed with the goods. How can he not be guilty? 

You just want him to get off Scott free? 

LMAO. you keep inserting your opinion as mine.

I'm all for justice, as the law states.

but you, the blue checks, the talking heads have no integrity left.  one would be foolish to believe any of those voices at this point.

here is where logic blows it up. thats a HIGH crime and if their was an inch of evidence, he would already be in costody.

but like every other time you, the blue checks, and the talking heads said their was EVIDENCE and he was cought red handed (like the phone call), its been BS.  not just wrong. but lies.

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

LMAO. you keep inserting your opinion as mine.

I'm all for justice, as the law states.

but you, the blue checks, the talking heads have no integrity left.  one would be foolish to believe any of those voices at this point.

here is where logic blows it up. thats a HIGH crime and if their was an inch of evidence, he would already be in costody.

but like every other time you, the blue checks, and the talking heads said their was EVIDENCE and he was cought red handed (like the phone call), its been BS.  not just wrong. but lies.

There are the documents he was illegally in possession of. Red handed! 

How do you ignore that? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1