Donald Trump is under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Taking away the fact that you think he is a scumbag which if his policies did you think we're "crazy"? And do you believe that anyone on the left is crazy?

Foreign policy, alienating allies and getting cozy with Putin and Un (even though in principle I'm fine with smart leaders manipulating the bad guys he's just too dumb).

America first policy I'm fine with the idea but the execution was abysmal.   The tariffs on China for example did nothing but cause us to pay more esp for tech products.  His tax plan helped the mid class at first then shifts to help the rich over time.

Covid response is obvious though not so much policy imo.

The worst of all is the world knowing we have an imbecile for president.   The guy didn't even read Intel briefings.  He shared classified info to the world because he's truly that dumb, and who knows how many issues never made it to light?

There are crazy dems but they are a very small minority.   And I'll take aoc over mtg any day.  Both sides are a bit of a mess but the conspiracy mongering right is insane right now.   Look how many that run on "Trump won" are winning elections.   That is horrible for our country.   Most of them aren't fit to pass 6th grade.  

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Foreign policy, alienating allies and getting cozy with Putin and Un (even though in principle I'm fine with smart leaders manipulating the bad guys he's just too dumb).

America first policy I'm fine with the idea but the execution was abysmal.   The tariffs on China for example did nothing but cause us to pay more esp for tech products.  His tax plan helped the mid class at first then shifts to help the rich over time.

Covid response is obvious though not so much policy imo.

The worst of all is the world knowing we have an imbecile for president.   The guy didn't even read Intel briefings.  He shared classified info to the world because he's truly that dumb, and who knows how many issues never made it to light?

There are crazy dems but they are a very small minority.   And I'll take aoc over mtg any day.  Both sides are a bit of a mess but the conspiracy mongering right is insane right now.   Look how many that run on "Trump won" are winning elections.   That is horrible for our country.   Most of them aren't fit to pass 6th grade.  

I am no "Trump" fan, but literally none of the above is correct.  Well the Intel briefing part yes, that was unwise if true. 

It sucks that in the last 24 or so years, that's the "best" guy this country could find.   At least we have Biden to raise taxes to pay for the more expensive Healthcare Obama drew up, I guess...

1 minute ago, OrangeBills said:

I am no "Trump" fan, but literally none of the above is correct.  Well the Intel briefing part yes, that was unwise if true. 

It sucks that in the last 24 or so years, that's the "best" guy this country could find.   At least we have Biden to raise taxes to pay for the more expensive Healthcare Obama drew up, I guess...

All of it is true.  His foreign policy was overall an embarrassment.   He inherited a great Economic situation.  Instead of truly helping the middle class he created a mirage to give them a small bump while billionaires got more benefit.  Call me crazy but I think the ultra rich should pay their fair share.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

All of it is true.  His foreign policy was overall an embarrassment.   He inherited a great Economic situation.  Instead of truly helping the middle class he created a mirage to give them a small bump while billionaires got more benefit.  Call me crazy but I think the ultra rich should pay their fair share.

OK, his foreign policy wasn't "wonkish" or "Dem-like", but I have to tell you, it worked a LOT better than what our current clown-show is doing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

OK, his foreign policy wasn't "wonkish" or "Dem-like", but I have to tell you, it worked a LOT better than what our current clown-show is doing.

Explain to me positives of his foreign policy.   Aside from minor successes in the Middle East,  there are none.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Joke's COVID response, foreign and economic policies have been great.  And the world doesn't think he's a senile imbecile. :lol:

I agree with more than I disagree here.

7 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Explain to me positives of his foreign policy.   Aside from minor successes in the Middle East,  there are none.

I agree with more than I disagree here.

Well, he worked out the end of the Afghan war situation, which would then have been messy, so I'll be fair to the current clown show, but they messed that up more than imaginable...

He was dead-right on China and enacted unpopular policies that recognized the end of Trade comparative advantage and set forth a program of build stuff here which was only obvious to normal people when COVID hit and we....didn't have anything because it wasn't made here...

He bombed the hell out of ISIS and shut them down....he caved Iran, settled the Middle East through strength (the only thing they respond to)...he managed North Korea, Russia did nothing unlike their behavior during the Obama and Clown Show admins....let's see, what else is there?!

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

Well, he worked out the end of the Afghan war situation, which would then have been messy, so I'll be fair to the current clown show, but they messed that up more than imaginable...

He was dead-right on China and enacted unpopular policies that recognized the end of Trade comparative advantage and set forth a program of build stuff here which was only obvious to normal people when COVID hit and we....didn't have anything because it wasn't made here...

He bombed the hell out of ISIS and shut them down....he caved Iran, settled the Middle East through strength (the only thing they respond to)...he managed North Korea, Russia did nothing unlike their behavior during the Obama and Clown Show admins....let's see, what else is there?!

Wow.  That is looking through some orange colored glasses.  His economic war on China resulted in little negative impact on them while we paid those tariffs- every person and business that bought technology.  Nearly every company impacted raised their price to us and practically nothing moved to other cheap manufacturing countries like he hoped. 

Giving credit for "managing" Russia and NK is utterly laughable.  Unless by manage you mean lick boots and nads.

I don't know why you jokers think a draft dodger can intimidate a fly.

A report done last year showing what the tariffs cost us job wise.

https://carnegieendowment.org/chinafinancialmarkets/83746

I'll give him a point for the middle east.  I don't see dems doing anything differently in the same position but still...

18 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Wow.  That is looking through some orange colored glasses.  His economic war on China resulted in little negative impact on them while we paid those tariffs- every person and business that bought technology.  Nearly every company impacted raised their price to us and practically nothing moved to other cheap manufacturing countries like he hoped. 

Giving credit for "managing" Russia and NK is utterly laughable.  Unless by manage you mean lick boots and nads.

I don't know why you jokers think a draft dodger can intimidate a fly.

A report done last year showing what the tariffs cost us job wise.

https://carnegieendowment.org/chinafinancialmarkets/83746

I'll give him a point for the middle east.  I don't see dems doing anything differently in the same position but still...

Alright, I don't want to sound like a Trump-lover but that study is preposterous.  Any major Trade policies take YEARS to impact Economic circumstances.

That is all so dumb.  Look at this way...during the Obama years, ANY company with ANY ability to "export" their IP and pay a lower tax rate to be competitive with the world, did so....legions of Corporations from Tech to Medical to whatever off-shored their HQs to pay lower taxes.  That's just a fact.  Trump reversed that.  He encouraged investment in America that the Biden and Future regimes will benefit from because that is long-tailed progress, not ridiculous stroke-of-the-pen government check-writing stuff (which the Democrats do not understand, at all).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 6:39 PM, L Ron Burgundy said:

I visited Estonia and Latvia in 2019 and the people loved him there. They knew that Putin would not try his expansion while Trump was in office. Our alliance with Japan was stronger then than it is now.  He defeated Isis and no big threats popped up under his watch from rogue governments. Can you give me any good that has come from Biden, the Russian ruble is at a 6 year high, the Ukraine is on fire while we spend more on it than the rest of the world, and no one takes him seriously, but no mean tweets