Donald Trump is under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice

3 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

at some point i think a president(and all gov officials) need to have a bit of self awareness. if a president has a rally named stop the steal that they also know peacefully protesting is in no way going to stop anything. alot of people gaslit by trump truley believe 1) the election was stolen 2) they have a very limited time to stop it or the country was lost. so from what i understand democrats were more in control of security measures that day but you still have a full arsenal of the most powerful investigative groups on the planet and a bunch of dumbfs openly chatting away at not so good intentions on social media. its was a easily seen powder keg that A) dems were setting up to to explode for political power and eliminate trump for good B) trump and all the agencies who are built to easily see these things happen completely ignored and somehow hope things would stay peaceful or C wanted to happen in the worst cue attempt on the planet. 

so when the inevitable happens trump dusts his hands and says "hey now, stopping the steal didnt mean people should..stop the steal. 

what we are all really saying is the people who were violent got too sucked into the gaslighting that trump was continually saying after he lost, they also falsely believed a powerful person would help them for going all out to do what he asked. read that again. but trump holds no responsibility and should leave those folks to be essentially political prisoners as republicans take their sweet time to set forth any evidence the dems were involved in setting them up..if they even were.

i think your bias is the exact same as leftists to state if theres no DIRECT call to do anything then there is no responsability. so dems who gaslit blm as rioting happened were in no way advocating the nightly destruction of the country simply because they did not directly advocate it...it just was a result.

yes i do think he should be impeached. first he is directly calling for people to do somthing illegal. protesting the homes of court appointed judges to sway a judgment is illegal. second peacefully protesting is a slippery slope but you also need to understand the atmosphere. we are now in a time were riots and violence is becoming a increasing aspect of what protesting is and adding to it words that are inflamitory..they will put you back in chains, the nazis want to destroy you, the communists will destroy us all. they are coming for your kids is being injected in the morning shows between fluff pieces and the weather. hyper polarization means you cant play with these calls to action and have to denounce any violence by your own side with full weight of the law. these leaders need to stop calling for ordinary citizens to "take action" or yes, your going to bring out the weirdos. present your hard evidence and do your job to fight for the change. stop asking regular people to do your job with public pressure that easily could go to far. if people feel passionate they will come out on their own, hopefully peacefully. relying on inflammatory rhetoric is a poor quality in  leadership and going to add to violence. every loss by each side has become a excertential threat that demands peoples reponse in the street or destruction of how a institution operates so they NEVER compromise or concede again. THATS the slippery slope i see.

oh i understand that but trump has 4 years of daily brainwashing already in place. alot of it proven false is still ingrained in peoples skulls due to not paying attention or just being a biased idiot who are stuck in a echo chamber. the election is too important to even let one voter get conned into...we are at war with russia and this guy is putins puppet a vote for him is a vote against Ukrainian children dying!! on and on. just run desantis. he fight against the woke. he seems much better at speaking and has self control when it comes to tweeting or out bursts. sure they are building the narrative but i think when hes asked if he supports racist...HE WILL IMMEDIATELY DENOUNCE THEM! no ambiguity that the media can manipulate ect ect. it will be harder to push with anyone but trump who was pretty inarticulate on alot of issues so he was easy target to have absurd things stick.

just my 2 cents. 

We'll agree to disagree.  It's always been my opinion that you and you alone are responsible for your actions.  Words can be twisted and made to be an excuse for anything but that doesn't mean they need to be acted upon.

• Like (+1) 1

Before we play the classic PPP “jump to conclusions” game, it looks like this is neither some end of law and order nor is it “the big one” that’s finally getting Trump for the election crap.

This appears to be in relation to the 15 boxes of documents he took from the White House and refused to return for months.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/08/us/politics/trump-fbi-mar-a-lago.html

The search, according to two people familiar with the investigation, appeared to be focused on material that Mr. Trump had brought with him to Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence, after he left the White House. Those boxes contained many pages of classified documents, according to a person familiar with their contents.

Mr. Trump delayed returning 15 boxes of material requested by officials with the National Archives for many months, only doing so when there became a threat of action being taken to retrieve them.

I am sure that everyone who was upset about Hillary’s emails welcomes this enforcement of the rules around handling of classified materials. 

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Is this a deflection from the ginormous bill the dems barely got passed? The one that screws most middle/lower class people.

No. It has nothing to do with that. This is obvious to anybody with a brain. 

It's a great evening to ignore the morons and just call them out on their bull####. They're losers. Let them expose themselves as the anti-American cowards they are. Let them start the "Civil War" from their keyboards. Let them quote Jack Posobiec and Julie Kelly until their thumbs are numb. Let them eat Trump Steak. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 716er said:

It's a great evening to ignore the morons and just call them out on their bull####. They're losers. Let them expose themselves as the anti-American cowards they are. Let them start the "Civil War" from their keyboards. Let them quote Jack Posobiec and Julie Kelly until their thumbs are numb. Let them eat Trump Steak. 

Meanwhile no one did anything about Hilly's 30,000 emails.  Ah but that's different, right simp?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Meanwhile no one did anything about Hilly's 30,000 emails.  Ah but that's different, right simp?

Yes they did. They announced an investigation of her 30 days before the election, giving Trump the bump he needed to win the EC 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes they did. They announced an investigation of her 30 days before the election, giving Trump the bump he needed to win the EC

So they made an announcement.  Do we know that it had an effect?  You think that her own party/former Admin really investigated anything right before an election?

• Eyeroll 1