Joe Burrow Appendix removed

Warcodered

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was born in 1982…old man!

I was 30 in 1982 when my appendix came out.  As it happens, my appendectomy was 2 days before Thanksgiving.  They discharged me after serving a Thanksgiving dinner.  It was disgusting.  My wife and I celebrated Thanksgiving two days after the actual date.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I was 30 in 1982 when my appendix came out.  As it happens, my appendectomy was 2 days before Thanksgiving.  They discharged me after serving a Thanksgiving dinner.  It was disgusting.  My wife and I celebrated Thanksgiving two days after the actual date.

I bet your wife cooked hell of a meal that day too.

Roethlisberger had his appendix out on 9/2/06 and only missed week one.

Hines Ward had his out on 8/24/02 and played Week 1, 9/9/02 (90 yards receiving).

Burrow will be just fine.

7 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

now he needs to get his head removed from his ass 

From out of nowhere. What? I could see how this might apply to say Kirk Cousins or somebody who regularly disappoints, not the defending AFC Champ. Why the hate? I'm afraid Burrow may annoy you for about the next decade plus unfortunately.

Surgery is way different today than it once was. I've got a 3 inch scar where mine used to be. I was in the hospital for 2 days, then had to be careful for a few weeks. These days it is laparoscopic, and people are up and about and back to normal in a few days. No big deal.

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Dear zirz,

Roowah iz a gandy azz.  I ad mine oud bedween segond and dird beriod during game!

Yurz druly,

MarDEE BOOrahn

How you can type Biron is beyond me, but an amazing talent!!!

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think I am your Daddy …. How are you, son?  I’ve missed you all these years. You’re mom is doing well.

Methinks there are a bunch of us here who were born somewhere around the middle of the last century.

• Like (+1) 1

My son had an emergency appendectomy a couple years ago. It's an arthroscopic procedure nowadays with only 3 very small incisions, and you get discharged the same day. Recovery is much better than the old days when they had to make a 3-4" incision, but they still have to through the abdominal muscles. It's still at least 2-3 weeks to be back to 100%. My son was back to light work in sports in about 10 days, but wasn't full speed & pain-free for almost 4 weeks.

16 hours ago, MJS said:

Took too many hits to the midsection, I guess.

The guy just can’t stay healthy. The Bengals should just cut bait because, after all, they ARE the Bengals! 

My wife had an emergency appendectomy and the doctor came to me afterward and said “well, next time we’ll know the pain is not coming from her appendix!” Oh YEAH! That is comforting! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.