Joe Burrow Appendix removed

Warcodered

2 hours ago, BTB said:

I had my appendix, gall bladder, part of my intestines, my left foot & right arm, all removed at the same time, and ran a marathon the next day.  

But not the spleen!  Thats the biggie here loser. :lol:

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I want to know if he kept it and its in a mason jar of formaldehyde, 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:16 PM, nucci said:

not to downplay any surgery but it's an appendix. He'll be fine

Seriously, a laparoscopic appendectomy takes about 10-15 minutes with a qualified general surgeon. It takes long to be put under anesthesia and be properly positioned than the actual surgery.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I want to know if he kept it and its in a mason jar of formaldehyde, 

Most likely sent to pathology to be examined and then destroyed by the hospital.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I didn't know he was an author

Appreciated, but lost on many here. 😁

8 hours ago, NyQuil said:

Most likely sent to pathology to be examined and then destroyed by the hospital.

Or served with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

😳

"Soylent Green...is BURROW!!!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/26/2022 at 7:04 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Jeesh, that’s some serious vitriol. Did Joe do something to you?

Yeah, he went to the SB and we didn’t!  Arrgghh.  Just kidding as I felt left out.  I’m sure he’ll be fine as it’s a pretty routine surgery.  He may be a little rusty in September, but he’s a tough QB.

Im still not sure on the Bengals.  Last year the Steelers were washed up with Ben toast.  The Ravens were decimated with so many injuries and the final nail was Lamar getting hurt.  The Browns fell apart after a decent 2020 as it was as much a Browns mistake as it was Mayfield’s for trying to play through all of those injuries.  The guy did his best, but a great HC knows when the QB is his worst enemy.

On the flip side their O Line was atrocious, but they massively upgraded in the off season.  They have lots of offensive weapons, but their defense was only ranked 18th.

Personally, I think the Ravens will reclaim the AFCN.  The Steelers, well the Steelers.  The Bengals I mentioned above, and who knows how long Watson will be out.  I know there is so much wild speculation about 6 games, 8 games, 1 year, etc.

The thing that gives me pause is the team settled with 30 plaintiffs, 20 have settled, and only 4 suits are in process so what happened to the other 6?  I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets the full year, but I have zero inside information, and Goodell is aware how much bad press the league will get if the judge goes lighter than something significant.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, Augie said:

The guy just can’t stay healthy. The Bengals should just cut bait because, after all, they ARE the Bengals! 

My wife had an emergency appendectomy and the doctor came to me afterward and said “well, next time we’ll know the pain is not coming from her appendix!” Oh YEAH! That is comforting! 

I was told after my appendectomy that appendicitis is one of the hardest things there is to get a firm diagnosis.  The classic symptoms are low grade fever, elevated white blood cell count and "rebound tenderness."  Rebound tenderness is when you press down on the area and then release the pressure quickly.  It hurts for a moment when the pressure is released.  The emergency room physician, who had terrible bedside manner, sent me home once saying my fever must be from a mild ear infection.  My primary care guy followed up with a phone call a few hours later to ask how I felt.  At that point, I had a fever of like 104 and felt like death warmed over.  My doctor had me go back to the emergency room.  This time a surgeon looked at me.  I had a high grade fever and rebound tenderness, but my white blood cell count was absolutely normal.  He decided the odds that I had appendicitis were high enough that surgery was indicated.  After the surgery, he told my wife that my appendix may or may not have lasted until morning without rupturing.  

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, Draconator said:

I think Patrick Roy also played the same night he had his appendix removed.

Alex Smith played the same week IIRC

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That's actually not a good sign for Burrow's recovery.  The guys who play without missing much time have laparascopic removal of an intact appendix.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.