Julio to Tampa

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

wouldn’t surprise me…. I think it will be more evident that WR is a need as the season evolves.

I think Diggs and Davis have it in them to be a top 3 WR duo in the NFL, but last year we clearly load-managed Diggs, and unintentionally did the same with Davis. 

Who rotates in for these two throughout the season?

Im sure the plan isn’t Kumerow, so as of now, I’m guessing that it’s some variation of Cook, Knox or a slot WR flexing out wide. 

That can work as long as (knock on wood) Diggs and Davis don’t miss much time, but it’s so bizarre that we’re basically in August now and we have no clarification on an obvious hole. 

I know half the board beats this drum and the other half wants to stop talking about it… but this is what I’m watching the most in the preseason games.  Shakir, McKenzie and Stevenson… can they win against 2’s and 3’s on the outside when given the preseason chances.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think Diggs and Davis have it in them to be a top 3 WR duo in the NFL, but last year we clearly load-managed Diggs, and unintentionally did the same with Davis. 

Im sure the plan isn’t Kumerow, so as of now, I’m guessing that it’s some variation of Cook, Knox or a slot WR flexing out wide. 

That can work as long as (knock on wood) Diggs and Davis don’t miss much time, but it’s so bizarre that we’re basically in August now and we have no clarification on an obvious hole. 

I know half the board beats this drum and the other half wants to stop talking about it… but this is what I’m watching the most in the preseason games.  Shakir, McKenzie and Stevenson… can they win against 2’s and 3’s on the outside when given the preseason chances.  

Diggs was injured going into camp last year.  As for Davis, they wanted the more experienced Sanders starting.

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The good news is I think they will take one high next year on the basis that they always seem to take the position I think they should have taken high one year high the next year..... 

I guess it would be determinate on Davis signing a long-term contract.  No need for a 1 or 2 who will be handcuffed with limited touches.

If Gabe signs, I see more 4th rounders in the future.

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Stevenson got fans excited last year in camp but hasn’t done much in OTA or camp so far.

McKenzie has shined whenever he’s played but I don’t think he’d be an option. His route tree is limited.

Shakir we’ll definitely have to see.

I actually think the question is can Crowder flex outside and line at the X or Z if needed.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Robert Hainsey came in to replace Jensen at center after the injury. He was a third-round pick last year and appeared in nine games. He played 31 offensive snaps and 35 special teams snaps.

I made a joke with a friend saying watch Maurkice Pouncey come out of retirement to play with Brady. 

Googled him to see what he’s up to. You won’t believe what he looks like now. Let’s just say he definitely isn’t thinking about a comeback.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I made a joke with a friend saying watch Maurkice Pouncey come out of retirement to play with Brady. 

Googled him to see what he’s up to. You won’t believe what he looks like now. Let’s just say he definitely isn’t thinking about a comeback.

He looks healthy.  Its amazing how fast these guys shed serious weight when they stop playing ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I think it’s still wait and see with Davis… has to prove consistency but I expect him to have a break out year opposite Diggs… I just think it’s a lot to ask for BOTH Diggs and Davis not to miss any time…. And when it happens(along with injury/starting struggles along the offensive line) Josh will have to/feel the need to make ***** happen with his legs and hopefully that doesn’t result in him getting banged up as well…. It’s why I value offensive depth over the ridiculous defensive depth they’ve prioritized…. The team goes as the offense goes. 

What’s strange is there has been very little talk of the WRs outside of Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Shakir.

Who’s working with the 2nd teams? How have they looked? 

We forget that Stevenson was a dog last training camp and preseason. Looked like the real deal then he got hurt.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

On 7/28/2022 at 9:43 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think it's relatively small because the talent drop-off from the WR1 and WR2 to everyone else is that massive.

Their obsession with defensive depth is impressive though.    

This defense should shut everybody down..........the team has never had this much invested in a defense in its history..........lotta' money and 6 of the last 8 first rounders on that side of the ball.

So if the receiving corps is a failure they might be able to run it and punt it and still win enough games to get in the tournament and then just let Josh Allen run 12-15 times per game in the playoffs and see what happens.

Hopefully it never gets to that though.    Very telling that Beane isn't downplaying the depth situation at outside WR though.   

I don't trust McD to do the finishing work on a roster.  He's more suited to do the demolition perhaps, but when it comes to sourcing an offense he still has a limited understanding for that side of the ball.  He'll never recognize that building an elite offense covers up for mistakes easier than does whatever an "elite" defense looks like in 2022.  

Expectations for the defense are sky-high, as in that they'll just shut teams down so the offense doesn't have to do as much.  If that strategy doesn't work, they don't have the offensive weapons to keep pace.  And that's on McD and to a lesser extent Beane for prioritizing defense again.  I'm not arguing against Miller and love the signing...it's just that they left themselves thin playing whack-a-mole with the roster.     

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I don't trust McD to do the finishing work on a roster.  He's more suited to do the demolition perhaps, but when it comes to sourcing an offense he still has a limited understanding for that side of the ball.  He'll never recognize that building an elite offense covers up for mistakes easier than does whatever an "elite" defense looks like in 2022.  

Expectations for the defense are sky-high, as in that they'll just shut teams down so the offense doesn't have to do as much.  If that strategy doesn't work, they don't have the offensive weapons to keep pace.  And that's on McD and to a lesser extent Beane for prioritizing defense again.  I'm not arguing against Miller and love the signing...it's just that they left themselves thin playing whack-a-mole with the roster.     

They don’t?  OK. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.