OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

When NE did it..we were "ignorant scumbags" according to other fans. 

See the deal is you have literally no idea of what Bills fans have suffered through with the drought and NE Dynasty.

You'll get sympathy from some Bills fans when you lose twice to the Bills every year and finally make the playoffs again in 2039.

Don't overreact and reply too quickly.  Read carefully what I posted and let it sink in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Mac struggling in Training camp.

Mac Jones says he’s feeling ‘shot in the heart’ amid Patriots offensive struggles

The New England Patriots starting defense has taken complete control of 11-on-11 drills since the team put on pads on Monday. The Patriots have only had two practices in pads, but Mac Jones and the offense have clearly come up short against the defense, which has locked down receivers and blown up the offensive line at the line of scrimmage.

“We have a lot of room to grow here,” Jones said Tuesday after practice.

Jones was visibly frustrated following practice on Monday when the offense simply could not get anything going in an abbreviated practice session where backup quarterback Bailey Zappe got more opportunities. And though Jones was in higher spirits on Tuesday, his offensive unit didn’t look much better.

So what’s happening exactly?

Well, the Patriots aren’t likely to say exactly what is leading to these growing pains. But we know the team is changing its offense and while Bill Belichick said he was streamlining it, the adjustments are clearly much more substantial. Jones confirmed Tuesday they’re using new formations — and smart football minds (like the Boston Herald’s Andrew Callahan) can see those formations are similar to the Los Angeles Rams offense under Sean McVay. New England is also running the outside zone run scheme — in the same vein as the San Francisco 49ers under Kyle Shanahan.

Because the Patriots are running a new offense, they are installing it for the first time in pads this week. That means the offense is running scripted plays to see how they look. They’re not at the point where they’re running audibles.

“Right now, we’re just trying to run our base plays,” Jones said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mac-jones-says-feeling-shot-183759614.html

Well, I certainly enjoyed reading that.

Of course, Pats fans will read that as, "Our D is like the '85 Bears!"

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/3/2022 at 9:07 PM, Limeaid said:

You have it wrong.  Billi-cheat is GM/HC/DC/OC and if he chooses to tank he can do so without outside discussion being leaked.

You have it wrong.  Billi-cheat is GM/HC/DC/OC and if he chooses to tank he can do so without outside discussion being leaked.

image.thumb.jpeg.2917eae0555c262c090159e826b40756.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/29/2022 at 9:40 AM, nucci said:

what happens when McDermott says a young player has improved dramatically? 

Well, being that McDermott isn’t a known cheating lying sack of sh t like Bill Belicheck is known to be,  I for one would be likely to have some belief in what McDermott said, but maybe that’s just me…, nuthin but luv Nucci, 😁👍

Go  Bills!!!

49 minutes ago, Locomark said:

When Belicheck has to prop up a QB after talking down to Brady every year I suggest this is him hoping encouragement will breed improvement. It’s not Belicheck’s normal style so it seems less genuine to me. 

Or other players take to different coaching styles 

Brady is the classic overachiever who obviously takes criticism and it lights a fire under him to work ass off

Mac might be a typical millennial who needs high praise to get his confidence up

On 8/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, ColoradoBills said:

See the deal is you have literally no idea of what Bills fans have suffered through with the drought and NE Dynasty.

You'll get sympathy from some Bills fans when you lose twice to the Bills every year and finally make the playoffs again in 2039.

Don't overreact and reply too quickly.  Read carefully what I posted and let it sink in.

See your first mistake is you thinking I am looking for sympathy..

Ha ha

Sympathy for what??

9 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

What is this obsession with Mac Jones?

Patriots success hunts alot of Bills fans. And every year they can't win a ring the Patriots will stay in some bills fans souls 

13 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The pats will miss Josh mcdaniels this season

Guy seemed to understand how to bring young qbs along 

I'm not being sarcastic but I feel like I am missing something.  What young QB did he bring a long? 

I feel like the entire New England coaching staff, including Bill, were very lucky to have Brady for most of their careers.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'm not being sarcastic but I feel like I am missing something.  What young QB did he bring a long? 

I feel like the entire New England coaching staff, including Bill, were very lucky to have Brady for most of their careers.

Brady, cassel, jacoby brisset ,Jimmy G and mac jones

Mcdaniels was with Brady early and played a role in getting Brady to be Brady. As much as it pains me to say it but Brady isn't Brady without the slow build type development

Mcdaniels got Matt cassel PAID. And he stinks

Jacoby brisset is still around and still a solid back up

Jimmy G is solid not spectacular but solid, had his team in the nfc championship last season

Mac jones - I think he is over rated and not very good but he had him playing beyond his years as a rookie 

Probably missed some but mcdaniels can coach and develop qbs

6 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

See your first mistake is you thinking I am looking for sympathy..

Ha ha

Sympathy for what??

Patriots success hunts alot of Bills fans. And every year they can't win a ring the Patriots will stay in some bills fans souls 

The devil.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.