OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

14 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not disputing that, just pointing out it was a great throw/play and Hyde made an even better play to stop it.

It was a lob.

Later in that game, Allen made the exact same throw, to the same corner of the end zone, from literally the exact same hashmark. The difference in velocity, and trajectory is remarkable. That was a great throw.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Has he? Can I see a link of a specific thing. This is a big thing to say, not just improving but drastically. 

I didn't say he did. I asked, what happens when....I should rephrase and  say if....However, I don't get the criticism of a coach saying a 2nd year QB has improved dramatically from his rookie year. Most QBs improve in their 2nd season

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

I didn't say he did. I asked, what happens when....I should rephrase and  say if....However, I don't get the criticism of a coach saying a 2nd year QB has improved dramatically from his rookie year. Most QBs improve in their 2nd season

He isn't the type of coach to do that, he won't even talk about Tre's rehab.

Just funny b.c Belichick does not do things like that (unless it's the other teams players). So this is for cry baby Mac's confidence. 

Edited by TBBills

I thought the throw that Hyde picked off looked beautiful - the accuracy was perfect.

But, it highlighted what one of his big flaws is - it didn't have nearly enough juice.  He'll never be able to sling it like the top guys.

I also think he'll wilt more under pressure, which he hasn't really had to face yet because the Pats do a good job w/ their line.  He isn't a good scrambler or improviser.

You're asking the same group of people who downplayed Brady for nearly 20 years (and still try to excuse away his SB wins) if they're now worried about Mac Jones?😂

Not trying to be mean, but the majority of us Bills fans aren't going to acknowledge another AFC East QB while the Bills are atop the division. Just ain't happening.

For reference, us fans (I include myself in this) were often way too optimistic when we sucked... Now that we're good, fans are overly cocky instead. And even if I don't want to be that way, we have a QB that can give us a chance to beat ANYBODY any given Sunday, so it's hard not to be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I doubt Mac Jones is ever going to be good enough it is like saying QB Frank Reich has made improvement and is better arm strength wise than Jim

Kelly it just isn’t going to happen. Frank Reich was limited as a starting QB same deal with Mac Jones he is never going to be better than Josh Allen QB wise it is called talent ceiling. Mac Jones is at his professional QB ceiling in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Does he play defense? Chances are we aren't punting.

11 hours ago, TBBills said:

The Hyde int was not a great throw by Mac Jones. The WR had to stutterstep and slow down, it allowed Hyde to make the play. Thanks to Jones noodle arm.

Maybe. But it was more a great play by Hyde than bad throw from Mac. Algohlor had Levi absolutely 🔥roasted 🔥 on that play. If Hyde didn't play the angle perfectly that's a TD all day and we're cursing out Wallace instead.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Does he play defense? Chances are we aren't punting.

Maybe. But it was more a great play by Hyde than bad throw from Mac. Algohlor had Levi absolutely 🔥roasted 🔥 on that play. If Hyde didn't play the angle perfectly that's a TD all day and we're cursing out Wallace instead.

Hyde was able to get the perfect angle b.c the ball was thrown short. Of course Hyde made a play of the year but everything went into it.

Mac struggling in Training camp.

Mac Jones says he’s feeling ‘shot in the heart’ amid Patriots offensive struggles

The New England Patriots starting defense has taken complete control of 11-on-11 drills since the team put on pads on Monday. The Patriots have only had two practices in pads, but Mac Jones and the offense have clearly come up short against the defense, which has locked down receivers and blown up the offensive line at the line of scrimmage.

“We have a lot of room to grow here,” Jones said Tuesday after practice.

Jones was visibly frustrated following practice on Monday when the offense simply could not get anything going in an abbreviated practice session where backup quarterback Bailey Zappe got more opportunities. And though Jones was in higher spirits on Tuesday, his offensive unit didn’t look much better.

So what’s happening exactly?

Well, the Patriots aren’t likely to say exactly what is leading to these growing pains. But we know the team is changing its offense and while Bill Belichick said he was streamlining it, the adjustments are clearly much more substantial. Jones confirmed Tuesday they’re using new formations — and smart football minds (like the Boston Herald’s Andrew Callahan) can see those formations are similar to the Los Angeles Rams offense under Sean McVay. New England is also running the outside zone run scheme — in the same vein as the San Francisco 49ers under Kyle Shanahan.

Because the Patriots are running a new offense, they are installing it for the first time in pads this week. That means the offense is running scripted plays to see how they look. They’re not at the point where they’re running audibles.

“Right now, we’re just trying to run our base plays,” Jones said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mac-jones-says-feeling-shot-183759614.html

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Mac Jones says he’s feeling ‘shot in the heart’ amid Patriots offensive struggles

The New England Patriots starting defense has taken complete control of 11-on-11 drills since the team put on pads on Monday. The Patriots have only had two practices in pads, but Mac Jones and the offense have clearly come up short against the defense, which has locked down receivers and blown up the offensive line at the line of scrimmage.

Jones was visibly frustrated following practice on Monday when the offense simply could not get anything going in an abbreviated practice session where backup quarterback Bailey Zappe got more opportunities. And though Jones was in higher spirits on Tuesday, his offensive unit didn’t look much better.

Well, the Patriots aren’t likely to say exactly what is leading to these growing pains. But we know the team is changing its offense and while Bill Belichick said he was streamlining it, the adjustments are clearly much more substantial. Jones confirmed Tuesday they’re using new formations — and smart football minds (like the Boston Herald’s Andrew Callahan) can see those formations are similar to the Los Angeles Rams offense under Sean McVay. New England is also running the outside zone run scheme — in the same vein as the San Francisco 49ers under Kyle Shanahan.

Because the Patriots are running a new offense, they are installing it for the first time in pads this week. That means the offense is running scripted plays to see how they look. They’re not at the point where they’re running audibles.

Ruh roh!  Given the improvement in Miami and the New Jersey (and elsewhere in the AFC), Pats are looking like a 5-6 win team, IMO.  

18 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

This honestly sounds like the before to an absolutely garbage season.

• Agree 1

On 7/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, BigDingus said:

You're asking the same group of people who downplayed Brady for nearly 20 years (and still try to excuse away his SB wins) if they're now worried about Mac Jones?😂

Not trying to be mean, but the majority of us Bills fans aren't going to acknowledge another AFC East QB while the Bills are atop the division. Just ain't happening.

For reference, us fans (I include myself in this) were often way too optimistic when we sucked... Now that we're good, fans are overly cocky instead. And even if I don't want to be that way, we have a QB that can give us a chance to beat ANYBODY any given Sunday, so it's hard not to be.

When NE did it..we were "ignorant scumbags" according to other fans. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Welcome to QB purgatory, Cheaters.  Burn in hell

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.