OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

As good as he did as a rookie i wouldn't look past them at all they were pretty good last year & BB is a really good coach he will have them ready to play the Bills will have to bring it week in & week out because they now have a target on their back as one of the best so every team will be bringing it every week .

GO BILLS !!!! 

• Agree 2

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones threw a dime to Agholor in the end zone in the AFC Wildcard game. Unfortunately for Jones, Micah Hyde gave him back a nickel and five pennies when he picked it off.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, T master said:

As good as he did as a rookie i wouldn't look past them at all they were pretty good last year & BB is a really good coach he will have them ready to play the Bills will have to bring it week in & week out because they now have a target on their back as one of the best so every team will be bringing it every week .

GO BILLS !!!! 

Bill Belichick is a sub 500 coach without Tom Brady. ***** Bill Belichick. He's a damned fraud.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, T master said:

GO BILLS !!!! 

BB is a really good DEFENSIVE coach and overall game coach, but I dont think he's a good leader, motivator, team builder or offensive coach.

The word you hear a lot from ex players is 'unrelatable' which is a nice way of saying the dude's a weenie.

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Jones threw a dime to Agholor in the end zone in the AFC Wildcard game. Unfortunately for Jones, Micah Hyde gave him back a nickel and five pennies when he picked it off.

Dimes are perfect throws, he put too much air under that ball.

insane pick tho.  knifed in between two speedy NFL guys while they were going full tilt and somehow barely touched either dude.  An all time highlight and massive game changer/tone setter for that game.

Jones has a pretty low ceiling because he is limited physically. But that doesn't mean he won't develop into a decent to good QB. He just won't be able to get into that elite range.

The Pats have already shown they can win games with him. If he gets better they can continue to be a fringe playoff team for the foreseeable future, even win some playoff games here and there. If they build an elite defense they can even make a Superbowl if the ball bounces their way a few times.

But they have a massive roadblock in Josh Allen and the Bills ahead of them, not to mention a conference full of talented, young QB's. But let's not pretend like the Pats can't be a good team with Jones. They've already shown that they can.

• Agree 1

Yeah I'm not buying that this guy suddenly turned into somebody else in 5 months. Talk about hype. Mac has always been kind of soft with limited physical skills, that's not going to suddenly change because he worked really hard in one offseason. He may be alright from a W/L successful game manager perspective but he's not going to impose his will like Josh.

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t really see it…I think he’ll be consistently good but he came into the league pretty close to his ceiling and faded pretty hard against better competition down the stretch.  A qbs development isn’t always linear with improvements each year…a lot of guys have their best year their rookie year before defenses adjust to their tendencies then flame out 

Maybe other positions , but I think it’s hard to argue that most qbs have their best years in the league as a rookie !  Usually the exact opposite, ala Peyton Mannijg etc. This is one time I would respectfully ask for real life examples, excluding Guys whose career lasted more than a year.  For example it wouldn’t be proof of that thesis if you throw in career scrubs like Rosen or peterman. What legit , franchise, long term starting qb had their best year as a rookie in the modern era?

Most either sit for the majority if their rookie year or suffer from  interceptions and low completion percentage.  They improve as they learn to read defenses , despite teams trying to take away their strengths ,because if they didn’t , they wouldn’t  last as starting / franchise qbs.   Their development may not be linear , but it sure isn’t trending down in their subsequent years or they are replaced. Ask mayfield, Darnold, Rosen,,,,,,,oh yeah,,,,,they are all with new teams, replaced because they have physical deficiencies, not because defenses have film on them now.  These guys all have avg or below arm strength and they are immobile ( mayfield less so , but less mobile than Watson on a massage table ).  

By that logic , Brady should never be able to complete a pass or win again  as there’s endless film on him.  He , and in  a  similar fashion, Jones , will continue to be productive because they Also study tendencies and film and they have success because of intelligence, countless hours of film study , and despite teams having an abundance of film; they read the d and get the ball to the open guys on time .  I’m  sure if you asked they are better now than they were as rookies. So , yeah , prove to us who these qbs are in real life who had their best years as rookies and are still more than journeyman qbs ! 😀😊

Jones is limited physically?  lol, I love that one.... Is he more or less athletic than Brady, or maybe pretty comparable?  I would compare his physical ability to the guy with seven rings rather than the "athletic" guys with none or one.  

I would say the Patriots aren't a major factor in our season because they suck at drafting star talent, we don't.  Jones is one they got right, the rest of their drafts are why they aren't keeping up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Jones is limited physically?  lol, I love that one.... Is he more or less athletic than Brady, or maybe pretty comparable?  I would compare his physical ability to the guy with seven rings rather than the "athletic" guys with none or one.  

I would say the Patriots aren't a major factor in our season because they suck at drafting star talent, we don't.  Jones is one they got right, the rest of their drafts are why they aren't keeping up.

Alabama fan?

Jones isn't a bad QB, but he's not the 2nd coming for the Pats either. He's smart and processes things pretty well, but his arm is average at best. He can succeed in a timing based system, but he's not going to wow you with any escape ability or off script plays. Cover One did a breakdown of he and Allen making the exact same throw. Allen's got there in less than 3 seconds I believe.(2.7 maybe ?) Jones' pass was 4.1 and that was the one Hyde picked off. Out of everyone in last year's draft, I always said he was the most pro-ready QB. He does have limitations though. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

Alabama fan?

Jones isn't a bad QB, but he's not the 2nd coming for the Pats either. He's smart and processes things pretty well, but his arm is average at best. He can succeed in a timing based system, but he's not going to wow you with any escape ability or off script plays. Cover One did a breakdown of he and Allen making the exact same throw. Allen's got there in less than 3 seconds I believe.(2.7 maybe ?) Jones' pass was 4.1 and that was the one Hyde picked off. Out of everyone in last year's draft, I always said he was the most pro-ready QB. He does have limitations though. 

Agree, just remember that NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 with Garrapolo/other guy(?) because they had very good rosters.  Jones is capable of leading teams like that to the playoffs, but the problem for him is less talent around him than they had.  Seems to me Jones is set to struggle because they suck at drafting and not due to his own "limitations".  Put Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Donte Stallworth out there and the outlook is totally different, no?

Edited by P Riv

I'm sure they said that about Jarrett Stidham too

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Bill Belichick is a sub 500 coach without Tom Brady. ***** Bill Belichick. He's a damned fraud.

I think he's a great coach, he's just not the GOAT without Brady

54 minutes ago, MafiaMio said:

I'm sure they said that about Jarrett Stidham too

I think he's a great coach, he's just not the GOAT without Brady

And I think he sucks. 29 games under .500 against teams with winning records. Losing record overall. ***** Bill Belichick. He sucks and is a fraud.

Would you hold onto a coach that has a losing record after 149 games as a head coach?

82609E07-AA92-4FBB-BC83-F43C6CF5C473.jpeg

Edited by Beast

18 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If he had better arm strength it would’ve got there faster and it would’ve been a touchdown

It’s hard to call it a dime when there’s quarterbacks in the league who actually make that throw

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, P Riv said:

Agree, just remember that NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 with Garrapolo/other guy(?) because they had very good rosters.  Jones is capable of leading teams like that to the playoffs, but the problem for him is less talent around him than they had.  Seems to me Jones is set to struggle because they suck at drafting and not due to his own "limitations".  Put Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Donte Stallworth out there and the outlook is totally different, no?

It's not the same Patriots anymore, all the way around. The AFC East is better, their defense is nothing compared to what it used to be, and Josh McDaniels has left the building. You have two coaches from failed HC'ing stints, where their offenses were flat out bad, and they don't even have it settled as to whom is calling the plays. Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Brown, Branch, Givens, Patten, Edelman, Gronk, Hernandez, Watson, none of those guys are walking through the doors. Hypotheticals are useless in this situation. If he's that good, he can make it work with average guys like Brady did for all those years before they had that prolific run. He can't. Jones is not that guy. He was the most Pro-ready QB, but he's not the one with the highest possible ceiling out of that draft class and he's not carrying them to victories. He can be the next coming of Andy Dalton, but neither he, nor the Patriots team he leads, will ever be feared again because of the guy under Center. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.