OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichick has always had a knack for turning QB’s into walking punch lines — Sanchez and butt fumble, Darnold and “seeing ghosts” come to mind readily. 

His only problem is now he’s doing it to his own QB’s and not the other teams. 😂 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 7/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, FilthyBeast said:

As long as Belichik is around there should be legitimate concern regarding the Patriots.

I don't think Mac Jones is quite Tom Brady and they are going to go on another 20 year run, but the information regarding his off season improvement has been consistent and do expect to see improvement on the field and I don't think this team is going to underestimate the Pats (and rest of division) like some of the fans are.

The longer Belichick sticks around without prime TB12, the less concerned I am.

10 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

Belichick has always had a knack for turning QB’s into walking punch lines — Sanchez and butt fumble, Darnold and “seeing ghosts” come to mind readily. 

His only problem is now he’s doing it to his own QB’s and not the other teams. 😂 

At this point, we have to hand it to Brady. He must have developed himself. I'm pretty sure the spying helped win their first couple. But I also presume that, rather than passively using whatever information was afforded him, he actively chose to learn to read defenses, digest the schemes, and couple that with the physical characteristics needed to make every throw.

Kudos to Brady, clearly the Bucs Super Bowl win should have been his riding into the sunset, but he's still better than a lot of the current starters floating around (including DadBodMcCorkle).

Edited by pocoboy

Its poetic justice, but the Patriots are a perfect reflective image of the drought-era Bills.  Now, complete with jarring bone-headed losses that leave fans shaking their heads... but also fools everyone into thinking you are good enough to win games.

They are now a behind-the-times nepotistic crusty old football program.  Coached and built just well (if it were 1956) enough to win between 40 to 55% of their games, and reactively plugging holes that appear each offseason only to see more pop up.  Never bad enough to truly get a good look at a cant-miss QB prospect or collect other high-end talent.  Quarterback purgatory. 

Edited by May Day 10
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.