OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK. You must really know quite a bit about the kid.

Sorry didn't know you were his father.

I am just going by what he shows the public when things aren't going well for him.

Edited by TBBills

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

He sat for years before he got a chance to start at Alabama and never complained.

The premise of the above is silly.

Sitting for years honestly has nothing to do with Being a player who needs to be told how good he is

And I said might not is

I’ve been in a lot of locker rooms with a lot of different players And coaches

To get the most out of every player … Some guys needed to be dogged by coach really hard, relentlessly worked… Some needed to be made fun of.. Some needed to be coddled… And some needed to be praised

With all the personalities in the locker room making every player reach their best takes different strategies

Again Mac might not be that guy… But as much as you love Alabama you don’t really know who these players are.. The coaches who coach them do better 

• Agree 2

Nick Saban has watched Mac Jones ascend to the top of the sport as a national champion at Alabama, and now a successful quarterback in the NFL for the New England Patriots.

But to get there, Saban said Jones had to improve his demeanor, and the mental part of the game.

“That was probably Mac’s biggest hurdle as a player,” Saban said this week, per On3. Was being able to control his emotions. Especially playing the quarterback position. To not get so upset when he threw a bad ball or made a bad read or whatever.”

Saban then shared a story about when he realized the change in Jones’ body language.

“We had one day where we had to go in the indoor. Sometimes, I’ll sit in the weight coaches office and look out the window,” Saban said. And looking out the window, I can only see half of the field, so Mac was on the other side of the field. I could see Mac, but I couldn’t see the defense and I couldn’t see his receivers. So every time he would throw the ball, I would look at Mac, and I could tell if it was complete or incomplete based on his body language. I told the film guy to film this. I think that may have been the turning point for him.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not buying into NE*'s D being great.  They lost in the FA market this year.  Draft picks will be critical.

Take out the JAX game and the last 3 regular season games against the Bills, Colts and Dolphins they gave up

31 points a game.

We all seen how their D played in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I think @Bill from NYC knows Mac a little better than Nick Saban.

It sounds like the problem was corrected. The kid won a title and had a better NFL debut than any other rookie QB last season.

Why are you being an ass? Any particular reason?

15 minutes ago, TBBills said:

How is that restraining order going by the way? 😉

Wtf are you talking about? 

Be careful if you are making accusations.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

It sounds like the problem was corrected. The kid won a title and had a better NFL debut than any other rookie QB last season.

Why are you being an ass? Any particular reason?

Wtf are you talking about? 

Be careful if you are making accusations.

The best piece of ***** out of a pile of ***** QBs isn't an accomplishment. 

Alabama fans really get angry when you don't think former players are any good.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lol. I’m hearing from numerous sources that the practices are not going well. 

and the 👉 Mac.  

The guy they cite as a source:

Today:

Giardi is an NFL Network analyst based in Boston MA.  He used to work at ComCast as a NE sports analyst.  He has legit football analysis chops and is neither a Patriots homer nor a perennial downer.

On the one hand, it's early in camp and in a new system, growing pains are inevitable.  And Belicheck has historically been a master of "figuring things out" and getting his team to peak at the right time.  And it's probable you could find a couple crap drives from the Bills offense with Allen to call out.  Maybe it's not the Pats offense getting bad, maybe their defense is eating its Wheaties.

So there's that.

On the other hand, a number of promising young QB who had decent rookie seasons were seriously derailed by a change in OC or scheme. Sam Bradford, Sam Darnold, maybe Daniel Jones, maybe Tua

Oh and by the way.  Anyone who wants to extol McDaniels as a "QB whisperer" needs to explain the above effect on Bradford.  Bradford was injury plagued and never did develop into the Franchise Guy St Louis was hoping for, but there's also no question he could play QB competently in the NFL under a decent OC.  He looked promising as a rookie under Shurmur, like he couldn't play QB at all under McDaniels, and capable again the next year under Schottenheimer.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I know what side Von will be lining up when the Bills play the Cheaters...

30 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Matt Patricia is this years, last years coach is with McDaniels now and he is Carmen Bricillo.

Wait, Patricia is not only OC but also OL coach? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.