OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, Success said:

Outside of New England, I doubt any fanbase knows and understands the Sith Lord more than Bills fans.

He doesn't say stuff like that.

Just wanted to get a temperature out there:  there has been a ton of Jones hype this offseason, and at minimum, he IS in much better shape physically.

Any concern at all that we could be in for another run from that team?  Obviously, we're still top dog for the time being, but if Jones does pan out, I could see them being more like Miami was in the '90's to the team we had then.

My own 2 cents is that I still don't see it.  He can't really improvise, and arm strength will always be an issue. He also struggles against man coverage.  But he does have the cerebral thing.

My dumps are dramatic, too

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lol. I’m hearing from numerous sources that the practices are not going well. 

and the 👉 Mac.  

It would be pretty healing for the nation if the Patriots offense couldn't score, their defense couldn't stop anyone from scoring, and Belichick smashed a phone on the sidelines every game.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Brady, cassel, jacoby brisset ,Jimmy G and mac jones

Mcdaniels was with Brady early and played a role in getting Brady to be Brady. As much as it pains me to say it but Brady isn't Brady without the slow build type development

Mcdaniels got Matt cassel PAID. And he stinks

Jacoby brisset is still around and still a solid back up

Jimmy G is solid not spectacular but solid, had his team in the nfc championship last season

Mac jones - I think he is over rated and not very good but he had him playing beyond his years as a rookie 

Probably missed some but mcdaniels can coach and develop qbs

I disagree with the bold text. McDaniel was a defensive assistant in NE*** for Brady’s first four years during which time he had been to a Pro Bowl and had firmly entrenched himself as their starter. McDaniels didn’t become QB coach until 2004. If anyone was responsible for Brady’s early development, it was Charlie Weiss. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Doc said:

The devil.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste

On 7/26/2022 at 12:07 PM, DasNootz said:

They're not naming Patricia as OC so that Detroit is still on the hook for his salary through this season, and Patrica gets to avoid doing the weekly coordinator calls/interviews.

Wait, Matt Patricia (former DC) is now de facto OC for Belicheck?

Huh.

I think losing McDaniels and not adequately replacing them is going to hurt a lot. McDaniels was a great coordinator IMO. Not sure how he will do as a HC again but coordinator he did a great job.  

Belichick doing the who knows who is what is probably just a skirting rules thing so that two guys get paid from their former teams instead of NE paying them much but even still... those two guys dont scream OC with a young QB to me.  I think their offense is going to be a mess and I still dont think Mac and Cheese is that good.

Edited by Scott7975

On 7/26/2022 at 5:10 PM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Wgr used to play a game where they would play a clip from belichick and they would guess what quarterback he was talking about

The best one was where he praised jeff tuel

Ive come to the conclusion that the more descriptive belilchick is the lower he thinks about that player, almost like he is mocking them and he finds it funny 

I dunno.  When he said Josh Allen is a problem, I think he might have been sincere.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste

Wait, Matt Patricia (former DC) is now de facto OC for Belicheck?

Huh.

Yes. But they are making up for it by also somehow also utilizing Joe judge in a similar role. Also has not coached offense in forever. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. But they are making up for it by also somehow also utilizing Joe judge in a similar role. Also has not coached offense in forever. 

You'd think you'd want a very clear and stable offensive coach/voice for your young QB that you're developing.

Edited by Warcodered

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I mean, you could probably find a bad sequence from our offense, which has allowed a lot of pressure against Allen

It could mean the Patriots defense was much improved

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You'd think you'd want a very clear and stable offensive coach/voice for you young QB that you're developing.

Yeah, I don't think "OC by committee" did Tua any favors last year

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I disagree with the bold text. McDaniel was a defensive assistant in NE*** for Brady’s first four years during which time he had been to a Pro Bowl and had firmly entrenched himself as their starter. McDaniels didn’t become QB coach until 2004. If anyone was responsible for Brady’s early development, it was Charlie Weiss. 

This.

Also if we're considering McDaniels, we can't overlook his time in Denver as HC and his time in StL as OC.

Both of which were kind of CF's from the "developing QB" perspective

Edited by Beck Water

On 8/7/2022 at 6:47 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Mac might be a typical millennial who needs high praise to get his confidence up

He sat for years before he got a chance to start at Alabama and never complained.

The premise of the above is silly.

Edited by Bill from NYC

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He's not a fraud.  But as Bart Scott said "one MO Lewis hit away from the unemployment line"

Yeah, he is a fraud. He is just another head coach. In fact, a below average head coach without the best QB that ever lived as his signal caller.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

He say for years before he got a chance to start at Alabama and never complained.

The premise of the above is silly.

Not really since we have video evidence in NFL games of Mac "Dramatic" Jones being a little baby pouting on the sidelines. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.