OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I understand that Jones has been really impressing

He should do his impressions during offseason although I'd like to see his impression of Billi-cheat throwing a fit and a pad.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If he had better arm strength it would’ve got there faster and it would’ve been a touchdown

It’s hard to call it a dime when there’s quarterbacks in the league who actually make that throw

Maybe it is a Canadian dime?  I used to get one in change and then when I'd try to spend it same place would not accept it.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

BB can't just come out and say "meh, my QB is still mediocre"

He could also say "My buddy in Alabama told me not to draft Tua and he was right."

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, JayBaller10 said:

If Mac Jones had Buffalo’s weapons I think he’d be a legitimate concern. His arm strength is much talked about, but it’s decent enough, better than a Chad Pennington. He can get the ball to where it needs to be. Stop comparing his arm talent to Josh Allen, it’s not fair to him. And he doesn’t need Allen’s arm strength, he just needs to know where to go with the football, but needs playmakers to be able to do something with it. He lacks those weapons.

He has 2 really good TEs, a strong line, and a solid running game.  Jones should play well. 

• Like (+1) 1

BB is just hyping his boy. Until I mentally compared Fitz vs Allen. My head exploded at the comparable delivery speed. It’s ridiculously slow, sorry Fitz!!

Mac has a ceiling but BB has a vested interest to hype ++. QB trade or convince FA how Pats have “the guy” (ahhh, JP Lossman v2.0, nope!)

On 7/27/2022 at 3:53 AM, DrPJax said:

Maybe other positions , but I think it’s hard to argue that most qbs have their best years in the league as a rookie !  Usually the exact opposite, ala Peyton Mannijg etc. This is one time I would respectfully ask for real life examples, excluding Guys whose career lasted more than a year.  For example it wouldn’t be proof of that thesis if you throw in career scrubs like Rosen or peterman. What legit , franchise, long term starting qb had their best year as a rookie in the modern era?

Most either sit for the majority if their rookie year or suffer from  interceptions and low completion percentage.  They improve as they learn to read defenses , despite teams trying to take away their strengths ,because if they didn’t , they wouldn’t  last as starting / franchise qbs.   Their development may not be linear , but it sure isn’t trending down in their subsequent years or they are replaced. Ask mayfield, Darnold, Rosen,,,,,,,oh yeah,,,,,they are all with new teams, replaced because they have physical deficiencies, not because defenses have film on them now.  These guys all have avg or below arm strength and they are immobile ( mayfield less so , but less mobile than Watson on a massage table ).  

By that logic , Brady should never be able to complete a pass or win again  as there’s endless film on him.  He , and in  a  similar fashion, Jones , will continue to be productive because they Also study tendencies and film and they have success because of intelligence, countless hours of film study , and despite teams having an abundance of film; they read the d and get the ball to the open guys on time .  I’m  sure if you asked they are better now than they were as rookies. So , yeah , prove to us who these qbs are in real life who had their best years as rookies and are still more than journeyman qbs ! 😀😊

Well we don’t know mac is a franchise long term qb yet is the point I was making.  You are not allowing me to give examples of the actual point I was going for 😁 I meant he could just as easily go the baker mayfield route as be the centerpiece of their franchise…one season is just not enough time to tell especially with the way he finished against tougher competition 

franchise qbs definitely don’t have their best year their first year but that’s not what I meant…I was talking about the one year wonders that end up being journeymen types 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Good for him, because as the Patriots/Belichick mystique fades away and other teams and refs start to treat them like any other team. Wins will be harder to come by.

It will also be harder without the Director of Spying who retired although just because Bill-Cheat says he retired does not mean he is not doing the job but just remotely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Buffalo716 said:

If he had better arm strength it would’ve got there faster and it would’ve been a touchdown

It’s hard to call it a dime when there’s quarterbacks in the league who actually make that throw

That was honestly a great throw and probably would been a TD 9 out of 10 times, but Hyde made a spectacular play and in the process completely changed the momentum of game.

21 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

That was honestly a great throw and probably would been a TD 9 out of 10 times, but Hyde made a spectacular play and in the process completely changed the momentum of game.

Right... if Allen made that throw you would be talking about how the INT was on Allen because the throw was late, behind, bad decision.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Shoulda coulda woulda 

And we were going to destroy them regardless

No Brady, no worries about New England. Mac has a noodle arm and that defense is Swiss cheese. Brady and LT made Belichick’s career. Two of the all-time greats at their positions. Those Sony video cameras as well

were too class, can’t forget those.

Edited by Rampage

On 7/26/2022 at 8:22 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Jones threw a dime to Agholor in the end zone in the AFC Wildcard game. Unfortunately for Jones, Micah Hyde gave him back a nickel and five pennies when he picked it off.

Didn't Cover2 do a video on this?  As I recall, he showed a comparable pass from Allen that shot out like a wire guided missile for a TD.  Jones' pass, while accurate, had too much arc.  

I'm sure Jones has improved in other ways but he'll never have Josh's cannon.  

Little discouraging that you have to come out and say it instead of letting  his play speak for itself.

Sounds like you need to boost the confidence of Mac just like had to be done and was shown on TV how he pouts like a child when things don't go his way.

12 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Little discouraging that you have to come out and say it instead of letting  his play speak for itself.

Sounds like you need to boost the confidence of Mac just like had to be done and was shown on TV how he pouts like a child when things don't go his way.

what happens when McDermott says a young player has improved dramatically? 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

what happens when McDermott says a young player has improved dramatically? 

Has he? Can I see a link of a specific thing. This is a big thing to say, not just improving but drastically. 

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.