OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t really see it…I think he’ll be consistently good but he came into the league pretty close to his ceiling and faded pretty hard against better competition down the stretch.  A qbs development isn’t always linear with improvements each year…a lot of guys have their best year their rookie year before defenses adjust to their tendencies then flame out 

I tend to agree at this early stage. Certainly has skills but I see him as Sam Darnold2 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Logic said:

“He is accurate, makes good decisions and has a good feel for the position. He has been very efficient. Even last year when he stepped in he seemed to have a good presence on the field and good command of the offense.”

- Bill Belichick on Trent Edwards in 2008. 

"I think he's got the ability to make all the throws. Can throw down the field, intermediate throws. Plenty of examples of him going through a read progression . . . I think he's shown the ability to do everything. The consistency has looked better in recent weeks. Don't think there's any shortage of talent there, playmaking ability. We saw him run . . . He's an athletic guy that has great size. Good arm. Hard to tackle in the pocket. "

- Bill Belichick on Sam Darnold in 2020.

“He gets rid of the ball very quickly, doesn’t hold it much, sees coverage well, has taken good care of the ball, hasn’t thrown the ball to the defense. He understands the pressure, the timing of routes, gets the ball out quickly, and has enough quickness in the pocket to make it difficult for the pass rush to get to him.  He can run a little bit, but I would say he’s more of a quicker guy in the pocket that’s elusive and really wants to throw more than he wants to run.”

- Bill Belichick on Tua Tagovailoa in 2021.

I just wanted to point out that Bill Belichick saying nice things about bad and mediocre quarterbacks is a pretty common occurrence. 

"this guy, he’s a problem.”

-BB on josh allen

2 hours ago, teef said:

i have an odd, unnecessary anger towards mac jones.  it's not explainable, but it's there.  in my defense, i had the same unexplainable anger towards jared from subway, and i was balls on accurate with that one. 

Probably not the best choice of words in this case...

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

With the irrefutable evidence we now have that it was always all-Brady, Belichick is desperate to salvage some portion of his legacy.  

It was mostly Brady for sure.  But Brady did not win them their first SuperBowl and didn't do much to win them their last.  Both of those were defensive gems orchestrated by Belichick.  Everything in-between was mostly TB12

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It was mostly Brady for sure.  But Brady did not win them their first SuperBowl and didn't do much to win them their last.  Both of those were defensive gems orchestrated by Belichick.  Everything in-between was mostly TB12

For their last, Belichick basically hung Brady out to dry, loading up on D, leaving Brady to make the offense work all by himself, as he had done for many years. Finally Brady got sick of not being given substantial weapons.  

4 hours ago, Logic said:

“He is accurate, makes good decisions and has a good feel for the position. He has been very efficient. Even last year when he stepped in he seemed to have a good presence on the field and good command of the offense.”

- Bill Belichick on Trent Edwards in 2008. 

"I think he's got the ability to make all the throws. Can throw down the field, intermediate throws. Plenty of examples of him going through a read progression . . . I think he's shown the ability to do everything. The consistency has looked better in recent weeks. Don't think there's any shortage of talent there, playmaking ability. We saw him run . . . He's an athletic guy that has great size. Good arm. Hard to tackle in the pocket. "

- Bill Belichick on Sam Darnold in 2020.

“He gets rid of the ball very quickly, doesn’t hold it much, sees coverage well, has taken good care of the ball, hasn’t thrown the ball to the defense. He understands the pressure, the timing of routes, gets the ball out quickly, and has enough quickness in the pocket to make it difficult for the pass rush to get to him.  He can run a little bit, but I would say he’s more of a quicker guy in the pocket that’s elusive and really wants to throw more than he wants to run.”

- Bill Belichick on Tua Tagovailoa in 2021.

I just wanted to point out that Bill Belichick saying nice things about bad and mediocre quarterbacks is a pretty common occurrence. 

Wgr used to play a game where they would play a clip from belichick and they would guess what quarterback he was talking about

The best one was where he praised jeff tuel

Ive come to the conclusion that the more descriptive belilchick is the lower he thinks about that player, almost like he is mocking them and he finds it funny 

17 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Wgr used to play a game where they would play a clip from belichick and they would guess what quarterback he was talking about

The best one was where he praised jeff tuel

Ive come to the conclusion that the more descriptive belilchick is the lower he thinks about that player, almost like he is mocking them and he finds it funny 

That's more when he is talking about opponents. He's usually much more guarded about his own players, which is why his comments earlier were noteworthy (imo).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.