OT: Belichick says that Mac's improvement is "dramatic"

Success

Outside of New England, I doubt any fanbase knows and understands the Sith Lord more than Bills fans.

He doesn't say stuff like that.

Just wanted to get a temperature out there:  there has been a ton of Jones hype this offseason, and at minimum, he IS in much better shape physically.

Any concern at all that we could be in for another run from that team?  Obviously, we're still top dog for the time being, but if Jones does pan out, I could see them being more like Miami was in the '90's to the team we had then.

My own 2 cents is that I still don't see it.  He can't really improvise, and arm strength will always be an issue. He also struggles against man coverage.  But he does have the cerebral thing.

• Haha (+1) 4

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t really see it…I think he’ll be consistently good but he came into the league pretty close to his ceiling and faded pretty hard against better competition down the stretch.  A qbs development isn’t always linear with improvements each year…a lot of guys have their best year their rookie year before defenses adjust to their tendencies then flame out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t really see it…I think he’ll be consistently good but he came into the league pretty close to his ceiling and faded pretty hard against better competition down the stretch.  A qbs development isn’t always linear with improvements each year…a lot of guys have their best year their rookie year before defenses adjust to their tendencies then flame out 

That's how I feel about it. He's clearly pretty solid.

In a way, that could be a good scenario for the division.  The Pats have a Cousins/Alex Jones type of guy - good, but not close to great.  They have to overpay him in a couple of years, and he's their long-term guy, but he can only take them so far.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Success said:

Outside of New England, I doubt any fanbase knows and understands the Sith Lord more than Bills fans.

Just wanted to get a temperature out there:  there has been a ton of Jones hype this offseason, and at minimum, he IS in much better shape physically.

Any concern at all that we could be in for another run from that team?  Obviously, we're still top dog for the time being, but if Jones does pan out, I could see them being more like Miami was in the '90's to the team we had then.

My own 2 cents is that I still don't see it.  He can't really improvise, and arm strength will always be an issue. He also struggles against man coverage.  But he does have the cerebral thing.

So if McD praises Edmunds it means he is getting an extension. If BB praises his QB it means nothing or something else.

It's all coach speak and we read way too much into it.  Myself included.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

That's how I feel about it. He's clearly pretty solid.

In a way, that could be a good scenario for the division.  The Pats have a Cousins/Alex Jones type of guy - good, but not close to great.  They have to overpay him in a couple of years, and he's their long-term guy, but he can only take them so far.

Oh dear.

going off alex jones GIF

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Success said:

As long as Belichik is around there should be legitimate concern regarding the Patriots.

I don't think Mac Jones is quite Tom Brady and they are going to go on another 20 year run, but the information regarding his off season improvement has been consistent and do expect to see improvement on the field and I don't think this team is going to underestimate the Pats (and rest of division) like some of the fans are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

BB also said Mac isn't 'there' yet.

"He’s worked hard to get better, and we’ve identified areas of improvement, as well. We’re not there yet, but we’ll keep working at it.”

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/belichick-on-patriots-qb-mac-jones-dramatic-improvement/ar-AAZZz4r

If Mac Jones had Buffalo’s weapons I think he’d be a legitimate concern. His arm strength is much talked about, but it’s decent enough, better than a Chad Pennington. He can get the ball to where it needs to be. Stop comparing his arm talent to Josh Allen, it’s not fair to him. And he doesn’t need Allen’s arm strength, he just needs to know where to go with the football, but needs playmakers to be able to do something with it. He lacks those weapons.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.